Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Spybryon
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

http://www.pynball.com/app/guest/showPublication.do?p=3771

Hey guys. Thinkin about pickin up this BH but Ive never played one before. It looks like a great game and its a great price for it as well. So I wanna know if its a fun game and what you think of the condition. This is what he had to say about the machine:

There is also a brief description of it. There
    > are 2 fuses it tends to blow every now and then (not at the
    > same time); my best guess at this point is the crimp
    > connectors that drive these solenoids but not exactly
    > sure. The 2 are for the outhole kicker and the
    > upkicker from the lower pf. I would expect to have to
    > tinker with this thing at some point. You may not have
    > to right away because it seems to be working now, but I
    > would avoid it unless you like tinkering and fixing games.

#2 12 years ago

I have seen a BH in person and it is GORGEOUS, but I didn't find it all that fun to play. However, I am pretty much a DMD snob so keep that in mind.

Are you good at repair? I would still think you should get a slightly better price, though I honestly don't know the worth. Boston pinball average is almost $900.

I believe it is worth at look....

Good luck , Mr Vader

#3 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Are you good at repair? I would still think you should get a slightly better price, though I honestly don't know the worth. Boston pinball average is almost $900.

Im getting better lol. I talked him down a little bit on the price. I figure if I get it and dont like it I can at least get my money back. Thanks Gorilla!

#4 12 years ago

You should definitely play it first before committing to it. I enjoy games from that era, but if you are used to the faster gameplay of modern pins, you may not like it.

#5 12 years ago

I have one around my neck of the woods for $400...
    I am not interested but, if anyone around here needs one-
    orangecounty.craigslist.org link

I love to stare at the BH BG, but playing it isn't half as fun as HH for some strange reason.
    I get my fix on it at the conventions and that usually holds me over until the next year.

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

You should definitely play it first before committing to it. I enjoy games from that era, but if you are used to the faster gameplay of modern pins, you may not like it.

I had a Space Shuttle for a little while and my wife and I loved it! So I actually enjoy the older style games. Im tryin to see if I can go out there tonight and check it out. Its only about 15 minutes from my house

#7 12 years ago

Space Shuttle is definitely a "keeper" in my book.
    My goal in the next year or so, is to have both Pinbot and Space Shuttle sitting side by side in the garage.

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Space Shuttle is definitely a "keeper" in my book.

Yea I agree. I wish I never would have gotten rid of it!

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

I love to stare at the BH BG, but playing it isn't half as fun as HH for some strange reason.
    I get my fix on it at the conventions and that usually holds me over until the next year.

I agree with this. One of the most beautiful machines ever made, the blues and the BG are just amazing. Play is a little boring though, not horrible, but MB is very challenging to get, let alone do anything with.

I will likely get one in the future, and another HH as I sold a project too fast this past summer and regret it now.

#10 12 years ago

Goin to check it out tonight!!! So excited

#11 12 years ago

Just got home from checking it out. It was kinda beat up. Cabinet had a bunch of chips and scratches, cracked plastics and slot of playfield wear. I made an offer of $600 but he declined. O well back on the hunt lol

#12 12 years ago

I would pass unless you are good at repair. In fact I would avoid any gottlieb system 80 game for that reason alone.

They were notorious when new. It is part of the reason williams became the dominate manufacturer during the ss/dmd era when gottlieb was top dog during the em era.

It is also the reason gottlieb sold out to premier in the mid 80's and even though system 3 were solid, their reputation contributed to their poor sales which eventually lead to their demise.

#13 12 years ago

Still. I think $800.00 would of been a steal.....couldn't of been that bad. but no more than 800.00.

#14 12 years ago

How is 800 a still? These things come up often and this one has issues.

#15 12 years ago

have you ever played a black hole.,.or seen one ..?

#16 12 years ago

BH is a classic.

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

I am not interested but, if anyone around here needs one-
    orangecounty.craigslist.org link

PM sent

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-some-opinions-what-do-you-think and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.