Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by gambit3113
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Lineup has significantly changed. 100% turnover in the past two months. As of Friday, I will be sitting on MM, BDK and TRON LE.

Someone came along and made a cash offer on my TZ that I couldn't refuse. Texas Pinball Festival is this weekend, too! So, I am trying to decide what to put into slot 4 in the game room. I was going for ViperBSD's SM out in Northern Cali, but the shipping is murder right now! Plus, TRON LE and SM are pretty similar Stern fast, 3 flipper games.

Thinking I want something deeper than not. Don't like TSPP. Will probably be missing LOtR eventually, but I just didn't play it much while it was here. Thinking about STTNG. Maybe another Creech? Go for the SM, despite the shipping? FGY? POtC? RBION?

What goes well in that mix?

#2 12 years ago

World Poker Tour
    i got one recently and im in love with it
    great layout, challenging rule set and tons of fun

#3 12 years ago

Of the ones you named, TSPP is my favorite, but you say it's not for you. After that SM or FG is a good pick, even if I prefer the Shrek run more on FG (I have a 2 year-old at home).

#4 12 years ago

Ripley's is a good game, especially since you got rid of TZ. The sounds and the theme aren't really much my thing, but the play is excellent. If you can get past the theme, The Shadow might be what you are looking for.

#5 12 years ago

I would go with POTC since it is on your wishlist...

#6 12 years ago

Can't beat SM cranked up steep at least 7degress. I've got a BDK and TRON LE used to have a MM years ago (well my old man did, but as good as mine ) and I'd say to with the SM or for something a little more stop and go with a reasonably unique layout IMO go with POTC.

#7 12 years ago

Mars trek

#9 12 years ago

spiderman!!!!!!!!

#11 12 years ago

My wife and daughter would be happy with that. I've owned and sold 2. If I could find a really nice one for about $5K, I would buy it. But it isn't a title I will go big bucks on.

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from scooter:

spiderman!!!!!!!!

I am thinking about pulling the trigger on it. But is it too much like what I already have in TRON LE?

#13 12 years ago

You need a Lawlor to replace the one that just left.

TAF would be my vote. Really nice ones can be had for $5000.

#14 12 years ago

Anybody have both TRON and SM? How do they play together on your collection? Compliments or redundant?

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Anybody have both TRON and SM? How do they play together on your collection? Compliments or redundant?

Well I don't own them both yet. They both are fast have good flow but the shots and ramps aren't all that similar IMO. I think they would be a pretty cool pair but would like to hear some others opinions on it as well.

#16 12 years ago

SM is more like AFM. Not sure what TRON is like, exactly, other than SM.

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from TheStranger:

If you can get past the theme, The Shadow might be what you are looking for.

+1 The Shadow would be a perfect fit.

#18 12 years ago

Go with the wizard of oz, support Jersey Jack and keep pinball alive.

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Own them both currently, both are fast and have great flow but play totally different, SM wil give you a longer/deeper game, TRON if set up right will give you lightening fast short ball time games, even though they are both 3 flipper games the shots, layout, software and feel of them couldn't be more different and complimentary. To put it simply SM and TRON will be the last two games leaving my collection can't go wrong with them side by side.

#20 12 years ago

I would say go for STTNG. Its a wide body like TZ, can be quite challenging to play, and the sci-fi theme would balance your collection, 2 fantasy 2 sci-fi (not that it matters!). Also, you can probably find one for a reasonable price.

#21 12 years ago

I think I am going to buy SM now and go look for a nice STTNG at the TPF. I have been avoiding STTNG b/c of the theme for long enough. I enjoy playing it, and will give it a shot.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-some-ideas-on-pin-4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.