Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
0-2 (resized).jpeg
0-1 (resized).jpeg
0 (resized).jpeg
#1 1 year ago

I am shopping out my friend's first pin and many of the insert decals have seen better days. I plan to put a sheet of mylar down over them, but figured some kind of glue to seal them should be applied first. Should I go with a glue situation like E6000 or grab Kuzman's miracle syringe?

I guess another option would be to remove the originals (not sure how) and go with something like this, but these seem cheap and I worry about the light penetration as well as how it would impact ball play/movement. .

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/world-cup-soccer/9379/insert-decal-set-for-world-cup-soccer

0 (resized).jpeg0 (resized).jpeg0-1 (resized).jpeg0-1 (resized).jpeg0-2 (resized).jpeg0-2 (resized).jpeg
#2 1 year ago

Look at vid1900 's playfield restoration guide. He uses a syringe with some superglue to fix ghosted inserts. I would imagine this would be the same process.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I wish I could afford a new playfield. They are pretty.

By the time you chase the problems you have now you'll only be saving 400 500 bucks & it won't end up looking that great. You can sell the old PF as wall art for 100 bucks too

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

By the time you chase the problems you have now you'll only be saving 400 500 bucks & it won't end up looking that great. You can sell the old PF as wall art for 100 bucks too

LOL, have you ever done a PF swap? Let alone a PF swap with a CPR PF. They're shit, and my friend does not have the money. Trying to help him as best as I can with what he's got.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

LOL, have you ever done a PF swap? Let alone a PF swap with a CPR PF. They're shit, and my friend does not have the money. Trying to help him as best as I can with what he's got.

I'd leave it alone then & just enjoy it. I don't do PF swaps no space or desire. IMO this looks too far gone; touch-ups always look like touch-ups.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I'd leave it alone then & just enjoy it. I don't do PF swaps no space or desire. IMO this looks too far gone; touch-ups always look like touch-ups.

I am not looking to touch up. I am looking for an adhesive recommendation to secure the lifting bits/seal them before I put mylar over them.

#9 1 year ago

I think that question was answered. Vid's guide is spot on, super glue and a hypodermic needle.

#10 1 year ago

This is the glue I have used in the past with good results. I think it is the same vid1900 uses.

I've never used the peel and stick decals on a playfield before, so I'm not sure how they perform. I am assuming you need to strip the wax before applying them. Given the existing surface cracks, you might see some air pockets after you apply mylar.

Lastly, I would recommend making sure those inserts are stabilized by adding some glue to the backs of them (you could even level them if you have a deep C clamp and a hair dryer). With out it, they will continue to have issues.

https://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Surgery%C2%AE-Super-Glue-grms/dp/B004M599ME

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

This is the glue I have used in the past with good results. I think it is the same vid1900 uses.
I've never used the peel and stick decals on a playfield before, so I'm not sure how they perform. I am assuming you need to strip the wax before applying them. Given the existing surface cracks, you might see some air pockets after you apply mylar.
Lastly, I would recommend making sure those inserts are stabilized by adding some glue to the backs of them (you could even level them if you have a deep C clamp and a hair dryer). With out it, they will continue to have issues.
amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

Thanks. If it were my game I'd just buy that NOS PF in the Marketplace. This will be my friend's first pin and he doesn't need perfect. I tried to steer him towards others that were slightly more in price and ready to go, but he wanted this one.

#12 1 year ago

I have been using 2 part autoclear where I used to use super glue. In my experience, Super glue goes can get messy fast. I always glue my fingers together no matter how hard I try not to. The autoclear will “glue” the art down so long as you clamp it or lay a something heavy on it while it cures. Use just enough clear to get both sides wet. Put some plastic wrap on top so if you have squeeze out you don’t glue the clamp to the playfield. I’ve have good success. Good luck!

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Thanks. If it were my game I'd just buy that NOS PF in the Marketplace. This will be my friend's first pin and he doesn't need perfect. I tried to steer him towards others that were slightly more in price and ready to go, but he wanted this one.

I totally get it. Not everyone wants or needs a pin to be collector or showroom quality. I'd be interested to see how it turns out. Good luck!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Boards
PinSound

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
8,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 37.50
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-some-help-fixing-lifting-insert-decals-world-cup-soccer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.