• Latest reply 11 years ago by YZRider926
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

883169-a_winner_is_you_1024_super.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Hi guys, need some pretty speedy advice.

I have an oppurtunity at a MM, it has a few area's or wear on the playfield, but overall a fully working clean routed example. He wants my Wh20 which is in a similar kind of condition, routed, dings to the cab, but fully working and clean and my beautiful Spidey.

What do you guys think?

#2 11 years ago

I think that is a good deal for you!

#3 11 years ago

Sounds like you'd be the winner in this transaction.

#4 11 years ago

Do it. If you really like MM 100% do it. Seems like Spidey being as new as it is does come up more often and more reasonably priced than MM and a Wh20 will float around as well.

#5 11 years ago

Depends on why you want the MM? Trophy pin? Enjoy the play? You have a large collection, so there is plenty of variety. You come out a little better in terms of money I would think. If you really like the game, do it.

Dan

#6 11 years ago

You are the winner on all accounts for this deal.

#7 11 years ago

I would say do it. MM is a great game and even if you didnit end up liking it you are getting more value in the trade.

#8 11 years ago

Yup, I would do that deal if I were you G/L!!!

#9 11 years ago

883169-a_winner_is_you_1024_super.jpg883169-a_winner_is_you_1024_super.jpg

#10 11 years ago

DO IT!

No seriously that sounds like a good value trade. Jump on it.

#11 11 years ago

Pros- you get a MM that is worth more in value to the two games you have.
Cons- gameplay of WH2O and SM are much greater than that of MM.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Pros- you get a MM that is worth more in value to the two games you have.
Cons- gameplay of WH2O and SM are much greater than that of MM.

+1

#13 11 years ago

An average condition MM just sold on Ebay for 12.5k so, considering routed WH20 2.5-3k HUO spidey 5k = 8k value on your end and 10-12k value for MM. Its a no brainer.

#14 11 years ago

no way, keep sm. sm is way better than mm alone. mm is a great game, but no 14-16k great. one of those games you buy last.

buy mm, sell wh20.

#15 11 years ago

Over here in the UK it seems like a fair trade. Two cracking machines for one cracking machine though. How badly do you want that MM?

#16 11 years ago

It looks like I'm in the minority on this one. Yes, financially this trade may make sense. But I really like SM, WH2O is not bad, but I think SM is better than MM, and don't really get why MM is worth more than $10K. MM is fun, but I don't see it as better than any other machine made.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Hotwheels2me:

It looks like I'm in the minority on this one. Yes, financially this trade may make sense. But I really like SM, WH2O is not bad, but I think SM is better than MM, and don't really get why MM is worth more than $10K. MM is fun, but I don't see it as better than any other machine made.

+1 on that. Financially makes sense but in terms of the fun I have playing each pin I would rather play SM over MM and having a WH20 on it's side makes it even sweeter. But as far as worth and value you would be winning this one hands down by trading for the MM.

#18 11 years ago

I really don’t see how you could go wrong. MM is a great game and if you get a to the point you want to sell MM it won’t last long. Then you could just buy the others back or get something else.

#19 11 years ago

I was the other guy in that trade. I traded a MM for SM and FGY. I enjoy SM much more than I enjoyed MM. I also traded a MM for LotR. Enjoy LotR more than MM as well.

Each to his own and all that. I'm happy with the trades I made, as I assume the other parties were as well.

#20 11 years ago

go for it! MM is one that is hard to find, you will get another SM and WW if you want one

#21 11 years ago

I have a WH2O in similar condition to yours and a beautiful HUO LOTR LE. If someone wanted to trade me an MM for them, it would honestly be a tough call. I happen to love MM, but I'm not sure I can justify the current asking price. I guess it would all boil down to how much better of a deal I would be getting money wise. I probably would end up selling the MM at some point, so I would then have to go out and find another LOTR, since it is a keeper for me. This would obviously require some time and effort, and that's why it would be a tough call for me. Does any of this make any sense?

#22 11 years ago

You could do it, play it a while and if you do not enjoy it you can trade for three great games.

#23 11 years ago

Roadshow, that sounds like a good deal for you. Wally

#24 11 years ago

SM route 5-5500 huo 6k + stock
Wh2o has been selling north of 3k for some reason.
Seems an even swap

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I have a WH2O in similar condition to yours and a beautiful HUO LOTR LE. If someone wanted to trade me an MM for them, it would honestly be a tough call. I happen to love MM, but I'm not sure I can justify the current asking price. I guess it would all boil down to how much better of a deal I would be getting money wise. I probably would end up selling the MM at some point, so I would then have to go out and find another LOTR, since it is a keeper for me. This would obviously require some time and effort, and that's why it would be a tough call for me. Does any of this make any sense?

Makes complete sense.

I have to say that if I was on the flip side and trading away my MM I would only be interested in 2 other A listers (say TZ and LOTR; both in nice condition). MM is a hard title to find in decent shape for a decent price and because of that, if I were trading 'down' in value then I would want 2 other nice games to replace it. Basically I would need to offset my decrease in value with time saved in search for those 2 games and time saved in restoring them after finding them.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

SM route 5-5500 huo 6k + stock

Are SM's really selling that high?

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Are SM's really selling that high?

I've seen em sell that high here in Northern Cali but we tend to be on high end of prices so not sure about other places.

#28 11 years ago

Hmm, might have to consider selling mine, haha.

Probably not going to happen, I don't think the wife would let me as her brother and father love the game.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Hmm, might have to consider selling mine, haha.
Probably not going to happen, I don't think the wife would let me as her brother and father love the game.

Smart wife!

#30 11 years ago

Haha. Yeah if I sold it I would probably sell it to them for cheap, but then they would probably just leave it at my place, so there is no incentive for them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-some-advice-smwh20-for-mm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.