Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WOZlight5 (resized).JPG
WOZlight4 (resized).JPG
WOZlight3 (resized).JPG
WOZlight1 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 7.44.42 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lyonsden.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 7 years ago

This should do the trick: ebay.com link: SUPERNIGHT 5M 5050 RGB 300 LEDs Waterproof Flexible Strip 44 Key IR Remote

RGB with power supply and remote control for colors. Cut to appropriate size, attach with double sided table, and off you go.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I saw those on Amazon, but I don't believe they are true RGB. Instead, they are alternating lights of red, blue and green. So, if you choose white, all three colors are on in succession. I was a bit worried about how they would look for what I am doing. The price is right, however.

I have no woodworking skills either. But, I have a father-in-law that has those skills and all the necessary equipment. I'm not entirely sure how I'll make this work, but I have some ideas. One of the reasons I want inexpensive lights is in case I royally mess this up.

There are several types of LED -- but these will let you control the entire strip in a single color. Each LED has three mini LEDs in it for emitting Red/Green/Blue. If you want control over individual LEDs (make each color different or do effects such as running a pulse of light down the strip that changes color from one end to the other) you'll need to use addressable LEDs. There are some neat things you can do with those, but often require programming an Arduino (which is what I use for the pinduino lighting effects):

From what you describe, the RGBs I linked to on EBay should suit your purpose.

#9 7 years ago

10-12MM, depending if there is a waterproof tube or not.

#10 7 years ago

You can order this one (options shown in picture) if you don't need the water proof tubing (which you may want if you want to tape the LEDs on their top side): ebay.com link: 5M SMD 3528 5050 5630 3014 300LEDs RGB White LED Strip Light 12V Power Supply

Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 7.44.42 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-11-26 at 7.44.42 AM (resized).png

#11 7 years ago

Also, the 5050 RGB LEDs often come with a more powerful power supply (5A) to drive the entire strip. You can just get the strip and use a different 12V power supply: ebay.com link: SUPERNIGHT Non Waterproof RGB 5050 SMD 5M 300 LED Strip Light 12V Black PCB

But by the time you buy/find a power supply ($3-5) and RGB controller ($3-5), you end up saving $2-5. Might as well get the whole kit.

1 month later
#14 7 years ago

Well done and looks great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 5.00
13,000 (OBO)
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lyonsden.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-some-advice-on-led-light-strips?tu=lyonsden and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.