Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by EtzEtz
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball layout for back room (resized).png
    flubber.gif
    locking casters (resized).png
    IMG_2256 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2253 (resized).jpeg
    There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 months ago

I'm totally topped out for space in my current place, but I am looking to add another to the herd. This pin would go where there is currently space in front of 2 other pins. I figure that if I could have a pin on some type of rollers, I would be able to move it easily enough to access those other pins when I want to.

I see this at eBay, but I wonder if this raises the pin too high to be able to play it.

ebay.com link: itm

Has anyone bought this? Or perhaps something like it?

#2 10 months ago

People been using pin skates forever
    ...but keeping them on to play?
    I'm on carpet so I just use carpet sliders.

#3 10 months ago

Do you own a lift table?

#4 10 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

People been using pin skates forever
    ...but keeping them on to play?
    I'm on carpet so I just use carpet sliders.

Super sliders would be great if you are on carpet.
    The cart from HF that has been talked about (a lot on Pinside) would work for carpet or hard flooring and can be raised and lowered easily. Stores nicely under your pin.

#5 10 months ago

A simple arrangement of 4 balloons - one per corner - would allow you to achieve your goal. Similar to a hot air balloon, you would use a burner (one per balloon) to add hot air when you wanted to move the game, then lower or turn off the burners to lower the game once you had reached the new position.

#6 10 months ago
    Quoted from swampwiz:

I'm totally topped out for space in my current place, but I am looking to add another to the herd. This pin would go where there is currently space in front of 2 other pins. I figure that if I could have a pin on some type of rollers, I would be able to move it easily enough to access those other pins when I want to.
    I see this at Amazon, but I wonder if this raises the pin too high to be able to play it.

They raise the game about 2 inches or so, they sell those at Harbor Freight, Wal Mart, etc. The game WILL move on you, though.

If on hardwood, just cut a piece of carpet and put under the legs carpet-side down. If on carpet, invest in some cheap furniture sliders. Hell even cardboard works.

#7 10 months ago
    Quoted from swampwiz:

I'm totally topped out for space in my current place, but I am looking to add another to the herd.

Have you considered Pinballics Anonymous?

#8 10 months ago

You can get those things cheaper than that ebay link. I bought one of my sets years ago at home depot for a few bucks per skate. And to combat the height, get shorter legs, if that is an option. For instance, if you want to put these on a modern Stern, you can install Williams 28.5 inch legs. This will lower the game 2 inches to negate the height that the skates add.

#9 10 months ago
    Quoted from jeffc:

Do you own a lift table?

I do have a lift table, but I want a solution that is much easier & agile. The lift table is the venerable one from Harbor Freight, and it's quite difficult to rotate, to say nothing of the space needed to move the table to get under the cabinet. And no, I'm not going to do the hack job of cutting the handle so that it can go on longways under the cabinet.

#10 10 months ago

bigger house ?

#11 10 months ago
    Quoted from pokerag2:

Super sliders would be great if you are on carpet.
    The cart from HF that has been talked about (a lot on Pinside) would work for carpet or hard flooring and can be raised and lowered easily. Stores nicely under your pin.

No, it's a laminate floor.

#12 10 months ago

Could you please rephrase this as a dumb rhetorical outrage question like all your other posts?

Perhaps:

Are people REALLY paying $50 for pinskates?

Are people REALLY using balloons to move their games?

Are people REALLY buying lift carts, but then not using them to move games because they aren't "agile" enough and trying to find some other solution when lift carts in fact work the best?

#13 10 months ago

Eventually, but for now I'm stuck in my current house. And when I say I have no more room, I am so desperate fr room that I have a pin in the kitchen.

#14 10 months ago
    Quoted from swampwiz:

Eventually, but for now I'm stuck in my current house. And when I say I have no more room, I am so desperate fr room that I have a pin in the kitchen.

you may have a problem ?

#15 10 months ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

You can get those things cheaper than that ebay link. I bought one of my sets years ago at home depot for a few bucks per skate. And to combat the height, get shorter legs, if that is an option. For instance, if you want to put these on a modern Stern, you can install Williams 28.5 inch legs. This will lower the game 2 inches to negate the height that the skates add.

The title is Premier Diamond Lady (1989), and it uses the super short 27" Gottlieb legs (Type C at the Pinball Resource):

https://pbresource.com/legs.html#most

#16 10 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Could you please rephrase this as a dumb rhetorical outrage question like all your other posts?
    Perhaps:
    Are people REALLY paying $50 for pinskates?
    Are people REALLY using balloons to move their games?
    Are people REALLY buying lift carts, but then not using them to move games because they aren't "agile" enough and trying to find some other solution when lift carts in fact work the best?

Who's got the outrage here?

#17 10 months ago

Are people really paying $60 for 27 inch gottlieb legs?!

#18 10 months ago
    Quoted from swampwiz:

Who's got the outrage here?

Hey I'm just happy I actually got you to respond to a post for the first time in history. I was starting to think you were some kind of eBay price check bot!

#19 10 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey I'm just happy I actually got you to respond to a post for the first time in history. I was starting to think you were some kind of eBay price check bot!

I'm just someone that keeps tabs on market value, and remembers the good old days when one could find an amusement business with a warehouse of old EMs that could be bought for a song, so I am a bit outraged when I see higher & higher prices. And most of the time I post about stuff at Mr. Pinball classifieds.

I had no idea that so many folks were outraged about my bewilderment of Gottlieb Gemini being worth its weight in gold, so I shall refrain from that in the future. (I have also deleted all my old posts like this so no one will be able complain that I keep doing this. )

#20 10 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Are people really paying $60 for 27 inch gottlieb legs?!

No, they are available for $20 each at The Pinball Wizard.

#21 10 months ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Part of what I wanted to get out of my question is an idea of just how much height these things add. The one at eBay seems to have it recessed, so it might only add 1", and thus be small enough so that with the front leg casters all the way down (or just off), it would not be an issue (I have asked the seller about this, and am awaiting his reply).

#22 10 months ago
    Quoted from GregCon:

A simple arrangement of 4 balloons - one per corner - would allow you to achieve your goal. Similar to a hot air balloon, you would use a burner (one per balloon) to add hot air when you wanted to move the game, then lower or turn off the burners to lower the game once you had reached the new position.

Thank you for your stupid comment.

#23 10 months ago
    Quoted from Seamlesswall:

Have you considered Pinballics Anonymous?

I'm sure there are worse folks than me. I plan on having a herd of no more than 12 each of EM & SS to fit in 2-1/2 garage area space, and that's when I get a new house. I've got my eye on Atari Superman (although by the time I get one, they might be selling north of $5K), and maybe a homebrew for the last SS. The need for space is due to me perhaps getting a Zaccaria Robot.

#24 10 months ago
    Quoted from swampwiz:

And no, I'm not going to do the hack job of cutting the handle so that it can go on longways under the cabinet.

Why buy a tool and then not do the super easy mod to make it actually useable? It costs a few bucks, but the bimini hinge method looks and works great. The cart can also slide fully under a pin for easy storage. Just search for the lift table thread on here for the details of what you need to do.

#25 10 months ago

I just don't get why you don't stick with the lift cart. I find it WAY easier and more "agile" then messing with something you are going to have place under the feet of the games to slide them around.

Perhaps you should do the "mod" where you can lower and raise the handle, makes it a lot more agile and easy to store/move.

#26 10 months ago
    Quoted from DBaron:

Why buy a tool and then not do the super easy mod to make it actually useable? It costs a few bucks, but the bimini hinge method looks and works great. The cart can also slide fully under a pin for easy storage. Just search for the lift table thread on here for the details of what you need to do.

That's not super easy; it's usually a bad idea to modify stock like that. The lift table works for what I need it to do, and actually is better to be used from the side (how is one supposed to pump the pedal if it's under the cabinet?) In any case, for the application that this thread is about, there isn't any room.

#27 10 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I just don't get why you don't stick with the lift cart. I find it WAY easier and more "agile" then messing with something you are going to have place under the feet of the games to slide them around.
    Perhaps you should do the "mod" where you can lower and raise the handle, makes it a lot more agile and easy to store/move.

A lift cart is not agile at all, having a low angle of turn per sweep. This thing on eBay seems to be perfect as it could move in all directions with no problem.

#28 10 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The whole idea is that these pods would be on for good (i.e., until I actually move the pin out of that room, etc.).

#29 10 months ago

Here's another supplier (same item?), although out of stock.

https://pinballelectronics.com/index.php/product/set-of-4-pinball-machine-casters-dollies/

#30 10 months ago
    Quoted from swampwiz:

I see this at eBay, but I wonder if this raises the pin too high to be able to play it.

I’ve done work at hobbyist’s houses who have all their games on skates, permanently. They play like shit, but those guys don’t seem to care!

#31 10 months ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I’ve done work at hobbyist’s houses who have all their games on skates, permanently. They play like shit, but those guys don’t seem to care!

Do they play like shit because the pin moves? I would want to put chucks everywhere to stop it. Of course, ideally the wheels would have some type of lock to stop it from moving.

#32 10 months ago

Here's another one:

#33 10 months ago

I was looking at the tit leWhoa Nellie, and it uses some type of a crate that should be pretty easy to add wheels.

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=6252&picno=64828

#34 10 months ago

Yes. Putting all of your games on crates and then adding wheels
    To the crates is definitely the solution!

#35 10 months ago

I was thinking about using these tri-wheeled things and have the back legs always on it, but only put them on the front ones when moving. The 2 front legs should give enough friction so that they would keep the entire body from moving, while also solving the height problem (the back legs aren't a problem since those are always up at least 1-1/2".

#36 10 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes. Putting all of your games on crates and then adding wheels
    To the crates is definitely the solution!

Uh no, just to a single pin.

#37 10 months ago

Shorten legs and replace the adjusters with casters?

#38 10 months ago

Forget cutting the handle on the harbour freight cart like a neanderthal....

Get a 1 inch EMT pipe bender and bend your handle bars so they go back about 35-45°, you'll be able to go under the machine so much further to catch center of gravity with the head up.

Plus you still have a handlebar to push it around like a gentleman, no bending over required, that's for the ladies bro.

#39 10 months ago
    Quoted from Pinash:

Shorten legs and replace the adjusters with casters?

I'd be hosing a set of legs. That said, I think I have some rusted ones I could do this with.

#40 10 months ago
    Quoted from swampwiz:

You can play pinball while waiting for your grits to boil. Nice.

#41 10 months ago
    Quoted from swampwiz:

Thank you for your stupid comment.

It could work

#42 10 months ago
    Quoted from swampwiz:

How’s your front hall closet looking?

IMG_2253 (resized).jpegIMG_2253 (resized).jpeg
    #43 10 months ago

Honestly, I crawl under my game and pull my best turtle impression. My tile knee pads are on if I’m going far. I really should get a cart.

#44 10 months ago

EJS has to sleep under his pins. So many no room for a bed.

#45 10 months ago

I don't know what he does with them in the middle of night.

#46 10 months ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

EJS has to sleep under his pins. So many no room for a bed.

Barely room…

IMG_2256 (resized).jpegIMG_2256 (resized).jpeg
    #47 10 months ago

I knew it.

#48 10 months ago

I've seen people take the HF lift table and bolt a piece of plywood to the top but a bit off center so that when you place it under a pin from the front it fits in that recessed area underneath really well(preventing the pin sliding off), and it keeps the pump pedal further towards the front of the pin, making it easier to reach and use.

I've not done this, but I've helped people move their pins who have. Works really fast and well.

#49 10 months ago
    locking casters (resized).pnglocking casters (resized).png
    There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-solution-to-easily-move-pin-but-still-at-proper-height and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.