Celebrate22.jpg
Celebrate23.jpg
Celebrate21.gif
Celebrate19.gif
Celebrate20.gif
Celebrate18.gif
Celebrate17.jpg
the-psychiatrist-is-in.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stevenp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Email Jen and ask ?
Since their production has improved, their shipping date info will be a lot closer to when it will happen.
LTG : )

Every time I ask, it gets pushed back. So I'm still hoping for end of August (for end-of-January order).

1 week later
#59 10 years ago

Invoie #2129 here, Jan 30 order. Would love to get it by Labor Day weekend (I'm less than 1.5 hrs from the factory), but I doubt it.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Should be really close. I think #2083 is the most recent invoice I've seen and from what I've heard they're shipping close to 50/week now so there may still be hope for you yet as long as the invoices are mostly single game orders.

Oh, don't tease me bro!

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

PDX Order date on my game is 1/26/11 should be shipping within 2 weeks... What about yours?
NAVL was very similar to the shipping price I got from JJP (a bit over $500)
Ps did I mention that I am jealous of you guys that can drive down to JJP and pick your game up

Is your ship estimate a guess or a recent update from JJP? I'm just 4 days later, after initial orders slowed down, so I'm curious.

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from Konajack:

My game should arrive next week and I paid $466.00 for shipping to Vancouver, WA.
So far I have been very impressed with the shipping company. You receive a tracking number so you can watch it make the journey.
Now getting it up the stairs is a whole separate issue.
Steve

You didn't provide your order date. Please follow the OP instructions! BTW, did you get a phone call or email to arrange shipping?

No stair issues here. I have a 4-wheel trolley and freight elevator opens right into the living room! Sidewalk drop off works for me.

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm not sure but with Jack saying they were going to make around 200 machines in August (186 being LE) I would guess between 40-50.

Pretty sure that production estimate was shifted to September. Otherwise, I'd have my WOZ by now.

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBear:

Game 196 has landed in Orange County California...I have put a little time on the machine and first impressions have been very favorable. Took about a week to get here. Had delivered to terminal rather than home to avoid the requirement to wait at home during a set time period. Cost to ship was approx $400

Order date? Invoice #? thx. [yeah, I'm getting pretty antsy about now. No Labor Day WOZ for me, tho....]

#99 10 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBear:

Listed in prior post on this thread

ah, got it. thx. Had to scroll *way* back to find it. Short attention span here. Have fun unboxing and playing!!

#113 10 years ago

No I talked to Jen 2 days ago and she said my 1/26/11
Game should be on the line late next week.
All you WOZERS in waiting... keep calm and eat a snickers.

From memory I'm in the 2120 invoice range

Sounds right. I ordered 1-30-11 and my invoice # is 2129. Still skeptical whether I'll see my game in September tho. Hey, at least they should have a few more minor bugs ironed out before they make my game!

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

I can't find my invoice number because all the quickbooks links are over six months (and two years) old. I ordered Jan 25th, 2011 and they said it should ship by Sept 16 at 'the latest'. The year was not specified, but I'm over another impatient hump and am ok with more updates/improvements.

Didn't you get a pdf attachment at some point? Those don't disappear.

Quoted from DCFAN:

The invoice numbers are not all game orders. Some are for invisiglass, translites, etc.

Yeah, but for the first several months or more, there was no Invisiglass, no translites being sold (or even designed yet), etc. It was all WOZ games.

1 week later
#176 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I just got word from Jen that my #144 will be shipping next week and even a sneak picture of it for me. I don't have an invoice date but order date was 1/31/11 so it looks like they are rolling with expectations as they said.

I ordered on Jan30. No call yet. And no call to someone who ordered on the 25th either? Wassup?

#195 10 years ago

I asked for an update on my LE, ordered 1/30/11 direct from JJP. Was told it should ship by the end of the month. So, either production has not picked up a lot, or they are being more conservative with shipping estimates.

#215 10 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Too lazy to look up my invoice number, but I ordered around the 2nd week of Feb. 2011. I emailed Jen the other day, she said I'm on track for the first half of October.

Yeah, this is not consistent with the (optimistic) target of 100-200 games per month. Not close. Production is still lagging, and it's mid-Sept. My game *might* ship by the end of Sept, and I ordered late January 2011. Realistically, I hope to see it by Halloween.

#221 10 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I wonder why JJP continues to tell everyone these false delivery dates.
My order was placed in late June, 2011.
I'm being told to expect delivery in Oct. .....November at the latest.
Yet they are still shipping Jan 2011 orders.
I don't understand it.

You mean, they are still preparing to manufacture Jan 2011 orders....

[UPDATE] No call yet, so looks like the recent estimate of a late-Sept shipping of my 1-30-11 order (invoice 2129) won't happen. Still hoping for pre-Halloween delivery. Marginally optimistic for that.

#227 10 years ago
Quoted from Q-Dog:

Invoice #2131 Jan 31st - Jen said today it should be built the end of next week and ship the first week in October.

That looks to be my timing too, then (#2129). It'll arrive just in time to follow my hand surgery happening in a week. Which means it might stay in the box for a while. Oh, the irony!

#260 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I just heard of an invoice # 2141 shipping this week.

Really? Still waiting for notice on my #2129, which I was recently told would likely ship later next week.

#273 10 years ago

My WOZ ECLE will be shipped/delivered this Saturday.Ordered 1/30/11. Might have been a bit of delay getting it out for scheduling reasons, as it's being delivered directly from the (nearby) factory rather than being loaded on a commercial carrier.

#275 10 years ago
Quoted from Q-Dog:

My WOZ ECLE will be shipped tomorrow (invoice #2131 ordered 1/31/11).

Sounds right. My invoice was #2129. I think it's coming direct by van, and Saturday probably works better for that.

#278 10 years ago

soon, soon!

#294 10 years ago

I am guessing that they may have slowed down in Sept. so they could ship more games with the updated LED boards, seeing as how the earlier design was fairly problematic. I can see a little further delay being worth getting more reliable hardware, to avoid customer criticisms (the inserts on my new WOZ are out!) and the time/cost/hassle of sending out replacements.... And I give full support to this type of attention to detail and quality.

#317 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

You're both being quite a bit melodramatic about this. This "big mistake by JJP" was .. what? Deciding to build the game in the first place?? Or selling to people who apparently are ready to believe anything a salesperson tells them and freak out when deadlines get missed? You "don't have the constitution" to wait out an order for a pinball machine? What kind of man are you? (serious question here - you sound like you're two steps from a heart attack if this ordeal was so stressful!)
What exactly did any of you do besides write some checks and sit back and wait? You've gotten regular status reports and pictures detailing progress. At ANY time you could have made one phone call and gotten your money back if you weren't satisfied with progress. You can still, even now, sell your "spot" for more than you paid originally. Why the ZOMG!!! over it??

I think the "mistake" was re-doing things and adding/improving stuff along the way,which extended the delivery time. Pisses me off that they bothered to update troublesome LED boards before ramping up to full production speed, adding features that weren't promised up front like a video-display crystal ball, a cool wooden apron, cranking up the audio system beyond what was expected or had ever been put into a pin before, upgrading the mobo from the prototype level to handle the expanding code, etc. Pisses me right off, that does!

#328 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

You are way off base StephenP.

Whoa, call the service tech Pappy. Your sarcasm meter has a blown fuse or fried coil or something.

#329 10 years ago

Today is WOZ Day!

UPDATE: WOZ ECLE #61 in da house. First major upgrade to the Moze-O-Leum in quite a while.

Jack called while the game was en route to check in, even read back my original email order from 1/30/11. Said that production was going well, main problem was not being able to get games made for new orders soon enough. I hope the demand stays high for a long time--with software updates and a timeless theme, it may and that's good for pinball.

#332 10 years ago

Gorgeous game, working fine. So far it's kicking my butt. And I am still trying to figure out a few things. I get a bunch of goals, but on HOADC, is there anywhere that keeps track of what horses you have? Once you get the number needed, do they just stay dark until you collect? Lots going on, have lots of room for improvement! (Broke 100k just once, on Medium settings)

BTW, it feels really weird actually having the game at home after so much 'waiting'! And, looks like my game ("born on date" of 9/23) has the newer LCD boards, but no spare in the goodie bag(s).

#334 10 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Yeah, I felt the same way after getting it finally. As to the LED boards, that's cool that you got the new ones. Mine was made on 9/19 and I (apparently) have the old ones. I had my first board failure today, but I should have a replacement next week.
Edit: I don't have a spare LED board either. They stopped putting them in the goodie bags a little while back....
Have fun with it. It's a blast, but I am getting tired of it kicking my butt too.

In my defense, still recovering from hand surgery and haven't played pinball in a couple of months. (yeah, that's the ticket!) Wondering if there are any goodies inside the cab, or just in the plastic bag strip. Thought I saw green apron cards posted a while back; all I have is a white one that says Free Play.

#338 10 years ago

Yeah, unlike the Australian MM project, JJP did provide periodic, 'real' updates. You could see the layout,parts being stored, whitewoods, artwork, and then the factory. From fairly early on, it became a question of 'when' and not 'if' so that should have reduced anxiety (although perhaps impatience remained! ). Honestly, for all the improvements and 'extra' stuff that went into WOZ as a result of the delays, I think it is worth the wait. JJP is really over-delivering on this game, no question.

And, once it arrives and you set it up at home, the long wait will quickly fade to just a memory. I bet it does.

#371 10 years ago

I have to admit, this thread takes on a whole different flavor now that my WOZ is sitting here at home. Once it arrives, all the waiting angst kind of fades quickly.

1 week later
#418 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

How about translucent green washers made from a 3d printer. If I can get the sizing I can make up several sets for folks to try. This PLA plastic is some pretty strong stuff. I think it would look better than just some standard washers. I'm gonna make some black ones for my Metallica and start bashing them.
Post on here because my mail is already blown up with the other mods, I will do 5 sets, in about 3 days, after I test it on Metallica.

Can you post the size for these washers? I surprisingly have access to a Makerbot for the next couple of days, so I might try to run off a couple. Thx!

1 week later
#468 10 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

My order was placed in late June, 2011
Haven't heard a thing.
Last word I got, was most likely early December.
I'm having my doubts.

Don't doubt. Seems like production is picking up. And once it arrives, you'll be playing and forget all about the wait.....

#486 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Guys, my game arrived this past Friday and I can easily say the wait was well worth it. In my opinion WOZ is the best pinball machine ever made. When I took that first look of the clear coated cabinet all I could thing was "Wow, this thing is a work of art". The game was packed very carefully and I've had zero issues since it arrived. I've never had so much fun before playing pinball and find WOZ to be extremely addictive. The rules with 1.22 are already pretty deep but I can't wait to work towards reaching Battle The Wicked Witch and Somewhere Over the Rainbow once those modes get in the game. Overall just extremely impressed

Wait until you get some crazy stacked modes, etc. The variety of shots in the playfield layout is excellent--makes other recent games seem pretty vanilla/limited, for the most part. WOZ also seems to play faster than most widebodies IMO. Looking forward to your review!

(Just more support for the oft-stated sentiment here that WOZ is worth the wait!)

1 week later
#531 10 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

This thread is depressing me. I'm late dec/ early jan. 2386

No preference for being a supplier?

3 months later
#1271 10 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

Join the club, I got one the other day for defending an ill pinsider who was getting blasted from someone who didnt even belong on the thread. Ah well, whatchaya gonna do. I'm gonna keep defending people who deserve it, you're gonna supposedly go off topic lol.

I got one for simply typing 'morans.' But seriously, if people are tired of seeing lowepeg stir up crap in this WOZ thread for no other reason than to stir up crap (he has no WZ or preorder for one, I'm pretty darned sure!), then just start reporting his posts.Trolling is against Pinside policies.

3 months later
#2021 9 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

It really can't be a vendor issue when LE's simply aren't being shipped to us to complete our orders.
We have standards in stock, too. The LE's we're still waiting on were promised November... then December....
Umm....It's JULY and we are still owed 6 I believe.

No, you're not a "vendor" but a distributor. A "vendor issue" means a problem with getting certain parts or assemblies from the vendor/supplier, so that complete games can be finished and sent to the distributors and customers. Given how many parts go into a pin like WOZ (everything from cabinets and playfields to motherboards, a zillion brackets, custom molded toys, printed plastics, audio components, electronic components, LEDs, etc.) it's not surprising that some vendors have failed to meet their scheduled deliveries during production, causing the whole assembly process to back up.

#2026 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

By Stevenp in the why do people hate WOZ thread.
JJP is a startup company that developed an entire new platform and technology from scratch, along with a new factory and supply lines.
Seems to me Steve feels the need to make excuses for Jack

Just setting the facts straight, including what is meant by a "vendor." Seems you needed that explained to you, so I did.

#2038 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Lorenzo if you want a WOZ love fest go to there club WOZ fan club thread made for and policed just for the fans. If I did not hear from day one before JJP had said WOZ was there game the BS daily my opinion would not be what it is. JJP will save pinball please neither Gary or Jack will save pinball it will be people like Mike and Sarah who rout game in good condition that will save or kill the game. Lets not forget no licence games all original . Release games with finish code.Then start the excuses startup ,suppliers ,light boards and many more. If all the fanboys paid there money kept there mouths shut and did not act like Jack was the second coming of christ opinions would not be as strong as they are

Who the hell are 'Mike' and 'Sarah'? I'm sure they will be far more instrumental in saving pinball than marginal slackers like Gary and Jack. Thanks for the heads-up!!!

2 months later
#2581 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

That is only going to get worse. The game has "it". It's the programming (in my opinion). There are layered objectives in the stacking that can work with every level of player. Almost anyone can start Emerald City Multiball, but finishing it is a bear. Tougher to start Rescue, and impossible to finish for me. I've had my game for 11 months, and I still have not started Munchkin multiball. So it has easy, medium, difficult, hard, and almost impossible objectives. To me that makes a great game.

Not to divert from the shipping topic, but yeah, this game has a really nice variety of shots all over and the software, besides being all the above, is very balanced. So it's not like you immediately go for 1 mode or 1 shot to get max scores. You want to build a few things, finishing rollovers can be tricky (not always 'safe' shots), work toward stacking to be rewarded with big points, etc.

1 month later
#2811 9 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

If there were ever cause for a civil action from JJP for deformation FullBlown qualifies for it. This person specifically went out of his way to attempt to destroy JJP, their credibility and their reputation based on lies and false accusations.
Go for it Jack. This one qualifies.

Cause of action for deformation. That's just... warped.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
$ 5.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.50
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stevenp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-ship-update-for-woz-last-person-to-get-their-woz-post-order-date-please?tu=stevenp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.