Celebrate22.jpg
Celebrate23.jpg
Celebrate21.gif
Celebrate19.gif
Celebrate20.gif
Celebrate18.gif
Celebrate17.jpg
the-psychiatrist-is-in.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider solarvalue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#158 10 years ago

Anyone know how they went with the 180 machines (I think that was the number) they were planning to build last month? Did they make it?

#161 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I heard on the JJP board, not from JJP themselves, that 176 LE's were made in August and that they are aiming for over 200 shipped for September.

Thanks for the update, that's good progress if it's correct.

3 months later
#669 10 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

Decided to ad a post just to change the number of posts. I guess I'm superstitious

You do realise that your post is now number 666 for eternity?

#703 10 years ago

As far as I understand it, the original Australian distributor went bankrupt and so the people in Australia who ordered through them and were in the queue never got their machines. The machines that had been allocated to these Australians then went to the next in line, most likely people in the US. Later, JJP found another Australian distributor and has so far has shipped about 30 machines to them which arrived a few weeks ago (the first machines to be shipped to Australia through a distributor), with no more expected to ship until the middle of next year.

I believe the number of orders with the original Australian distributor was many more than 30, so if things had happened the way they were originally intended, I imagine the people who are waiting for their machines in the US and Europe at present would be getting their machines later rather than sooner.

What I'm saying is this: according to my information, people in the US and Europe who are waiting for machines have actually experienced a net benefit from the situation with the Australian distributors and jumped ahead in the queue rather than having the delivery of their machines delayed as some have alleged here.

It's hardly surprising that the new Australian distributor has a couple of machines from the first shipment left to sell on eBay as many of the people who wanted one in Australia lost their money with the original distributor and would probably be hesitant to buy again.

2 months later
#1057 10 years ago

Great to see the LEs are moving again!

1 month later
#1560 10 years ago

Seems like games are rolling out now, curious as to whether the newest games have the light boards with the lock-up fix?

#1569 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Helped unbox a WOZ tonight. Turned it on- NOTHING. Wires weren't hooked up to the on/off switch and the big metal cover over the boards was just laying loose under the playfield.
Don't they even test these things before they box them up and ship them? I guess not.

Did everything work once you hooked up the wires?

#1577 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Plus it was shipped with 1.25 code

How long did your friend have the game before he opened it?

2 weeks later
#1671 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I guess they are mixing in the "Australian" Woz version now as well.

The Australian distributor currently has games in stock so I don't think they would be rushing to produce more Australian versions at the moment.

2 weeks later
#1801 9 years ago
Quoted from juanton:

It doesn't look like they need financial help to me.

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think there has ever been any real evidence that JJP is in trouble financially. The contrast between the rumours thrown around on Pinside and the information one gets from JJP's website, Facebook page and the private owner's forum is pretty striking at times. It seems that some people on here have had personal grievances with Jack in the past, which may or may not be justified, but nevertheless has motivated these people to add to the misinformation which surrounds the company at present.

What we do know is that games are being built slower than expected. I guess many on here thought that JJP would quickly ramp up to match Stern's rate of production but, for whatever reason, that hasn't happened. They seem to be sending the games out in batches, with relatively long periods in between. From the pictures it is also clear that they have a relatively small number of workers, which, it appears, has not increased much over time.

Jack has, at times, explained that there have been delays with vendors and that their way of building games is different in that the work is outsourced to a much greater extent, with many more vendors involved.

Perhaps they have decided that this is the most efficient way to produce the games for the moment, to start small to avoid risk and ramp things up when the kinks are sorted out. Maybe they are training their workers to work different parts of the line so they are more flexible, they might have the majority of people assembling cabinets one week and playfields the next. I don't know, it would be good to get more of this kind of information from people who have visited the factory.

Whatever the case, the impression I get is that they are slowly plugging away at making the games. Jack has a lot of experience running large companies and has some very experienced people working for him. It seems reasonable to assume that they know what they are doing and a running the company as efficiently as possible.

1 month later
#1999 9 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

And yes I tried to talk my GF into getting that with me next. She said we will see which is a yes in disguise.

This made me laugh, great post, thanks.

3 weeks later
#2154 9 years ago

I wonder if they will have all the LE's made by the time of the open house on August 9th and have some kind of ceremony to commemorate the event? Probably not enough time.

1 month later
#2519 9 years ago
Quoted from FullBlown:

OMFG.. OMFG... OMFG... OMFG....
Just got the email that my Standard is shipping on Thursday....
I am shocked and in disbelief that my game is real
Placing my Hobbit order now as I am a man of my word..
Thanks JJP!!

Haha, that's great!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 5.00
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.50
13,000 (OBO)
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider solarvalue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-ship-update-for-woz-last-person-to-get-their-woz-post-order-date-please?tu=solarvalue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.