Celebrate22.jpg
Celebrate23.jpg
Celebrate21.gif
Celebrate19.gif
Celebrate20.gif
Celebrate18.gif
Celebrate17.jpg
the-psychiatrist-is-in.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#311 10 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Great story. It's just been too long. Big mistake by JJP. This whole experience makes me feel like this picture. I will not ever preorder a game from them again.
I'm pretty much there with you. I just don't have the constitution for this type of experience again.

I am glad there is light at the end of the tunnel however....although I said that last year at this time.

You're both being quite a bit melodramatic about this. This "big mistake by JJP" was .. what? Deciding to build the game in the first place?? Or selling to people who apparently are ready to believe anything a salesperson tells them and freak out when deadlines get missed? You "don't have the constitution" to wait out an order for a pinball machine? What kind of man are you? (serious question here - you sound like you're two steps from a heart attack if this ordeal was so stressful!)

What exactly did any of you do besides write some checks and sit back and wait? You've gotten regular status reports and pictures detailing progress. At ANY time you could have made one phone call and gotten your money back if you weren't satisfied with progress. You can still, even now, sell your "spot" for more than you paid originally. Why the ZOMG!!! over it??

#326 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Wow, you really need to slow down there. Talk about being dramatic. I take it you didn't read the story huh. No need explaining it to you then.

I read the whole thread, and yes, those posts I quoted were quite melodramatic. "adjective \ˌme-lə-drə-ˈma-tik\. : emotional in a way that is very extreme or exaggerated" -- I'd say they fit the bill.. if someone is that stressed over the delayed delivery of a big toy, they got a couple issues. Just sayin

I've been waiting as long as most of you. When it's done, it'll ship... probably in a couple weeks based on the numbering. Til then I got other games to play.

#327 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

You are way off base StephenP.

Watch out for those low-flying jokes, make sure you duck...

#337 10 years ago

Good points, but I still think "don't have the constitution for this" and the other bits were melodramatic. The fact that refunds have always been available kinda takes the sting out of it... the question has always been simply whether to bail or not, either thru refund or selling the spot. I mean, right now, it looks like you could sell for 8k... if it bugs you, do that- buy a regular and profit a bit.

I will say that BBB jaded me to any pinball project predicted production dates; I assumed the game would take at least as long as BBB, probably longer, and was not 'disappointed' LOL I really do want to play it and it looks like mine is a week or two out based on current invoice number.

2 weeks later
#441 10 years ago

Based on numbers that have been posted, and projections for next couple weeks, it looks like JJP may be squeezing out a few regulars for distributors at the moment, or just finished doing so. Looks like the LEs are currently around the low 2200s and should pick up next week.

This is purely speculation, based on estimated rate of production and what I hear people are getting or told will be getting. No biggie, it sounds like the games are being produced at a good clip. Dan, I think you're only a few spots behind me.. will let you know when I get 'the call' LOL

1 week later
#478 10 years ago

For the data people: invoice 2262 (ordered late March 2011) shipped late last week.

2 months later
#926 10 years ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

we can just agree to disagree on this, i really don't have the time to write an entire thesis today on the schematics of shipping/receiving, volume customer VS small VS 1 time, although i do own my own business with a daily customer base of 15,000 and ship / receive 16-60' trailers every week, i know just a wee-bit about this.

All of your experience and knowledge doesn't mean diddly squat in this case. Jack said "First to pay, first to play." Once you make a promise to ship product in a specific order, you stick to that promise or your reputation suffers greatly.

3 weeks later
#1107 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Seriously?
Pre-ordering is not the only way to get a WOZ.

If it wasn't a preorder, it had to be used or through a distributor. That person is whom you should go to for support, not Jack (pinballsales).

#1109 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

This is not really true.

Well, should go there first I mean. Jack did say he'd support any game right now due to the teething difficulties.

1 month later
#1529 10 years ago

Looks like JJP is back to cranking them out again, lots of activity here.

1 month later
#1809 9 years ago

It could simply be he doesn't have a steady enough supply of parts, nor enough demand for WOZ, to train a staff and fully ramp up the factory right now. TH should hopefully start up quickly... there shouldn't be parts constraints, and it looks like there will be demand...

2 weeks later
#1902 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

based on this thread, I dont think they've shipped 35 in the 5 MONTHS since Jack made his famous 90-days-ish claim.

This is an asinine statement. There's been close to 30 "I got mine" posts here in the last couple months alone.

Formal motion to have lowepg booted from this thread. Stuff like above is useless and unnecessary.

#1908 9 years ago

I was going to let this die (you said you were leaving) ...

Quoted from lowepg:

based on this thread, I dont think they've shipped 35 in the 5 MONTHS since Jack made his famous 90-days-ish claim.

Quoted from lowepg:

Again, I didn't think saying there hasn't been 35 mentioned here in 5 months was especially controversial... and as it turns out... perhaps I OVER-estimated....

"shipped" != "mentioned here". Many more machines would be shipped than mentioned here.

Quoted from lowepg:

Not to cloud a good rant with actual facts... but since you challenged my estimate- i just scrolled back though the last couple months... 3 months to be exact.

"5 MONTHS" != "3 months" Dude, give it up. Guy just pointed out a batch of 30.. you fail at auditing. Also, the controversial bit was this:

Quoted from lowepg:

perhaps after a few weeks of selling standards to refill the bank account again....

Said solely to spread FUD, rumor mongering, trolling.

No apology forthcoming, as I have no respect for trolls.

#1911 9 years ago

Posted about a month and a half ago:

Quoted from TomDK:

Discussing the output from JJP. I am sure that not only my pin made it to Europe. I guess there are around 20 to 30 more WOZ in this container. I guess !!

Here's just one post, well within your timeframe AND your audit, that has more games than you just claimed to have seen mentioned (15). Hence, I strongly feel your statement: "based on this thread, I dont think they've shipped 35 in the 5 MONTHS since Jack made his famous 90-days-ish claim" to be extremely asinine. IOW, you don't know WTH you're talking about and are trolling.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-ship-update-for-woz-last-person-to-get-their-woz-post-order-date-please?tu=metallik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.