Celebrate22.jpg
Celebrate23.jpg
Celebrate21.gif
Celebrate19.gif
Celebrate20.gif
Celebrate18.gif
Celebrate17.jpg
the-psychiatrist-is-in.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#293 10 years ago

When I was at the factory, I asked if they had gotten to Jack's goal of 15 a day. They told me they were up to 10 a day. And if you saw all the care that goes into the construction and testing and retesting of every unit, you'd understand why the pace is so slow. This is a completely handmade game...even the speakers were soldered into the speaker boxes one by one. If you ordered a game in 2011, it has been a really long wait. But the games only started going out in May, so realistically it's only been a six month wait. But be patient! The wait will surely be worth it, and once you start playing your game you'll forget about what it took to get there. This is simply an incredible company...

#312 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

My game will be worth $9500 when I get it?

Could be. You can't really find it for much less that 9k (including shipping) at this point!

1 week later
#372 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I have to admit, this thread takes on a whole different flavor now that my WOZ is sitting here at home. Once it arrives, all the waiting angst kind of fades quickly.

I think I said that in an earlier thread. Patience is really rewarded with this machine, and you all but forget how pissed you were at the delay. ENJOY!!!

1 week later
#413 10 years ago

I was at the factory last month and today. Today, it was a madhouse...seemed to be double the employees, double the production, and I couldn't believe all the WOZes stacked up on the assembly line and on pallets waiting to be shipped. If you ordered a long time ago, I can't imagine your wait will be much longer. They claim to be up to 15 a day now - last month they told me 10. Just an incredible facility, and a business I'm proud to have given my money to.

#416 10 years ago

I forgot to mention that I was also told that they were so committed to getting production moving faster that they couldn't sell spare parts to existing owners yet. Sure, they can fill warranty repair part orders, but every part that they sell now takes away from making another machine. They're making them as fast as the parts are coming in, and sometimes it's the parts that can hold up production. They really do care about their customers, even if it doesn't feel like it sometimes because you've been waiting so long!!!

Helps to add that I have no affiliation with the company in any way...

3 weeks later
#519 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

If Jack would ship the two WOZLE he has listed on ebay @ $10500, two more buyers would have already receive the machines they paid for two years ago or how ever long it's been. I'm sorry, that's some shady crap right there.
Making it very hard to even consider a THLE preorder.

That's not Jack. It's Automated, who snapped up a ton of the machines so he could do just what he's doing.

1 month later
#749 10 years ago

That's actually pretty cool, nerd! Nice work, but it's a little scary...does that mean that they're building tons for distributors and only small amounts for people who bought directly from them? Food for thought...

1 month later
#996 10 years ago

There was a guy who just posted Saturday who picked up his machine and drove it home. Posted pics and everything. Here's the link: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-coming-home

3 weeks later
#1278 10 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

BEST DAY EVER!!!!!!! I got the email for my June 13, 2011 Order. See below with a picture included.
Hang in there guys, it's happening!!
Kevin
Hi Kevin!
I hope you are well Please see attached for a photo of your game in in
final testing! It will be ready to ship out either tomorrow or Thursday.
Please confirm that the shipping address and phone number below are correct.

You forgot to add your shipping address and phone number so that we can come steal...er...play it with you. Congrats!

1 week later
#1330 10 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Zippy, you have to be getting yours soon, as I recall we were around the same date/number?

Zippy bailed out.

#1393 10 years ago

I think there was a thread that claimed an April ship start for the ruby reds, but was later debunked as being in error. As far as I know, August is and always has been the starting ship date for the ruby reds...perhaps because Jack was thinking that he'd be done with the ECLEs and standards and would need to bridge the gap until Hobbit began shipping in December. Sounds like a reasonable hypothesis!

#1434 10 years ago

Now, now, boys...no need to get snippy. What we seem to have here is a simple communication problem.

#1467 10 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Two pins in hand plus change trumps one in the bush.

I've had my pin in hand, and I can tell you that the one in the bush is always better. Especially if she's really nice looking.

But two pins in hand? Sounds like my old prison days...

2 weeks later
#1537 10 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

LOL...I see. You know, I could use a friend like Scott.
--Luke

And I could just use a friend.

#1554 10 years ago

I just took the existing tape, contact cemented over both sides, and stuck 'em back on. Problem solved.

#1559 10 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Question .. where was the thread "What to do after arrival" with the hinst for updating, calibrating the coils, etc ...

Answer: Submit a ticket now for the blown boards.

JUST KIDDING! I'm a proud WOZ owner that went through 3 rough months, but my machine works fine. Make sure you update to 3.0 - after that, the machine will tell you what you need to calibrate while you're playing (not on the screen, you understand, but as a pinball guy you'll know what needs tweaking). You'll do it on an as-needed basis. Enjoy...it's a great machine!

#1565 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

How do you change the flipper rubbers? Can you get it over the slippers or with them glued on do you have to pull them from the playfield and go from the bottom or what?

Haven't had to change them yet. The originals are still working just fine. I'm pretty sure that it'll be a bitch getting new ones over the slippers, but if I have to pry 'em off, I'll pry 'em off. It'll have to be done one day anyway when it's due for a flipper rebuild. I like the slippers, though. Adds character and makes me feel like a real man using them.

#1633 10 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

ive only got one widebody.. if you count the missus. i guess have two.

Ouch. I hope she doesn't read this forum, or you may be back down to one widebody.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
13,000 (OBO)
$ 5.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-ship-update-for-woz-last-person-to-get-their-woz-post-order-date-please?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.