Celebrate22.jpg
Celebrate23.jpg
Celebrate21.gif
Celebrate19.gif
Celebrate20.gif
Celebrate18.gif
Celebrate17.jpg
the-psychiatrist-is-in.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#658 10 years ago
Quoted from dankme:

I just don't think it is fair for the new distributor to have so many LEs that he is now dumping them on eBay while people who ordered back in 2011 and were loyal as hell are STILL waiting for theirs. Those games could have gone to the next people in line that waited since 2011.

How in the world is JJP supposed to know what the end destination is for machines they ship to AU though? Obviously I get your frustration, but it seems pretty far outside of Jack's control if he's just trying to patch up the disaster on that continent as best he can.

I've never managed retail before, this Shadow translite project of mine is the only thing I've ever done to actually manage inventory, do customer service, shipping, etc. We're talking about 135 units to date, not exactly big numbers. But it's already had lots of stress just trying to make sure I'm taking care of people, or knowing that I have to make them wait for something. It's given me more sympathy for these big operations.

#688 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

There have been parts availability issues.

I'm just saying, if that's the case then maybe communicate it to people. Better to manage your own bad news than let people make up their own. One of the edges JJP has had over Stern is communication, don't lose it.

#714 10 years ago
Quoted from jadziedzic:

Sounds like maybe Jack is dragging the *#&$ train down the track himself ...

jack-train.jpgjack-train.jpg

#717 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

Geez, slow day at work? Good for you, but it would take me about a month to figure out how to do that

Haha, Photoshop is my bread and butter, something silly like that only took a couple minutes.

3 weeks later
#754 10 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

the shipping rate currenty is around 200/month they say

I straight up do not believe that. Not when people who were repeatedly promised games by Xmas then get told their machine is going to be delayed "three to six months" instead in December. That's 600-1200 games later by that build schedule. Yeah, no. It doesn't add up.

#793 10 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

Because there simply are not that many left to make. They are making a lot of them every month now and there were only 1000 LE's.

Then why are people with 2011 orders being told there are months more of delays?

#796 10 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

When they ordered it really has nothing to do with it

Problem is it has everything to do with it. People have been waiting three years. Enough with jerking them around.

I just straight up don't believe the "building 60 a week" line. That's 240 a month. Then someone is told their Xmas delivery that they were promised is being delayed by 3+ months? That's 720 or more games according to that math. What?

Just tell me, does that add up?

I don't think it's a grand conspiracy, it's probably simply that a component isn't available or is limited, and it's slowing things down. If that's the case then just tell people. Already Pinside is hyping Jack's "announcement" next week into something huge, which means people will probably end up being disappointed when it's not the second coming.

That's the problem when you don't communicate and control the narrative. Don't believe me? Just ask Metallica fans. I know for a fact that Lyman is close to being done with the code, but Stern refuses to just tell people that, and now people are pissed and some are even dumping their games.

#801 10 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Yup the component is money.

That's a giant accusation supported by what? I'm guessing nothing.

There's a big difference between questioning building 60 a week and Jack is too broke to continue.

#811 10 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

You got an email with Mar 14 - Jun 14 delivery? If that's true that's really really bad news!

He's the WOZ owner I was referring to when I questioned the 60 a week claim, I just didn't want to use his name without asking him. But since he told the story, there you have it. How are we going from those estimates to Mar-Jun if they're pumping out 60 a week?

#816 10 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Care to share the 'short email announcing delay till maybe March 2014 - June 2014'? Seeing is believing...

What would pasting an email prove? Anyone can type something up, that's not evidence. Either you believe a trusted and respected member of the community with an extensive collection spanning just about every manufacturer you can think of, including ones not in the US, or you think he's lying with an agenda.

1 month later
#1012 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Like my grandma always said "You get more bees with honey then you do with vinegar".

That doesn't even make sense, bees make honey, they're not attracted to it. I'd always heard it was flies, not bees. But then I learned to trap fruit flies in my kitchen with vinegar (drop of dish soap to break the surface tension so they drown) and I decided that whole saying is bullshit.

#1016 10 years ago
Quoted from danisme:

My game shipped on 2/3 and will be delivered tomorrow. It would have been last Monday but I couldn't be home to accept delivery. My Cliffy's came today, my Mezelmods protector and Tornado mod came a few days ago. Off work for a long four day weekend - things are looking up!

Congrats, I used to spend Summers in Visalia, there's definitely nothing else better to do than play pinball there!

#1019 10 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

My grandma always said "the squeaky wheel gets the grease".

Pretty sure it's the squeaky fly gets the honey.

1 week later
#1115 10 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

That's what I like to hear. I sure hope the 90 day intent on getting the last WOZECLE's out is still the target.

Given the crickets in this thread I'm kinda doubting it, aren't you?

#1121 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I spoke to several people this past weekend who just got their LE's. Games are being built and delivered.

I'm delighted to hear it. Given the track record and pace JJP has had up until this point you won't see me laying down any $50 bets that they'll make it within that 90 day window though. Be happy to be wrong, I want people to have their games.

1 week later
#1245 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

let this one be for current customers to discuss shipping dates in a civilized manner.

I'm not even trolling when I say this, honest, but there isn't any of that discussion in this thread because JJP just simply isn't shipping games. LED boards, cabinets, whatever the issue is things have slowed to a slow trickle. If the games were popping out like mad like promised I doubt there'd be much else to say.

1 week later
#1357 10 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Little bird told me they are shipping 50 pins a day give or take.

Did you laugh in the little bird's face, or wait until he flew away?

3 weeks later
#1563 10 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I just took the existing tape, contact cemented over both sides, and stuck 'em back on. Problem solved.

How do you change the flipper rubbers? Can you get it over the slippers or with them glued on do you have to pull them from the playfield and go from the bottom or what?

#1614 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just wish I had been able to hang around long enough to play it with the new code.

Since you're so far away from Nimblepin's.

2 weeks later
#1654 9 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Well, it's not as though everyone who owns a pinball machine hangs out on Pinside. We sometimes forget that we are not the whole show.

This is true. If by sometimes you mean "daily and often".

#1661 9 years ago

Are they still shipping games with the pop bumper issue creating metal shards? Seems like it from a game that was delivered recently. If you're sitting around delayed for whatever reason, cabinets or LED boards or something, then maybe fix stuff like that. Find a better glue for the slippers too while you're at it, sucks when they fall off if the game is on location. Probably should have had posts and holes in the flippers along with the adhesive.

1 week later
#1720 9 years ago

So in that recent photo thread of the JJP factory once again there are lots of lovely shots of the factory floor, but no freaking workers putting games together. I feel like every tour looks like this, does Jack purposefully pick down times for them maybe? Or ask people to get out of the way? It just seems weird that you could walk in while they're supposed to be getting these games out and not have people in the shots doing the work.

Genuinely curious, not trying to ask leading questions to stir up shit. We're past the 90ish days, shouldn't things be in scramble mode?

#1731 9 years ago
Quoted from Millz:

with around 275 LE's to go

It's been that number to go for months. Seriously, I thought it was even lower than that, it's still nearly 300? WTF has the factory been doing? Remember 90ish days? Long past now? It's like we passed the deadline and the number of machines needed to be built has actually risen.

Quoted from Millz:

Hobbit is currently "on schedule".

lol. I straight up don't believe that. Someone can bust out the "they have a contract with New Line" quote again, but I'm so glad I'm not on pre-order in this circus.

It's like every time you give Jack the benefit of the doubt it turns out he was lying again. It's worse to hear everything is fine when it isn't and shit is constantly not being done when it was supposed to be, just be honest and say things are slow or screwed so people can at least dial in their expectations.

There was a time when this thread was actually full of people getting games, however spread out and slowly, but instead of getting better it's getting worse. Doesn't that concern you if you're waiting?

All the jokes about people getting MMr before their WOZ order? About to not be a joke.

#1733 9 years ago
Quoted from Millz:

I simply wanted to share what info was being provided by JJP.

Of course, and thank you. Sorry if I seem hostile, it's just that man, enough with jerking people around already. I'm not a WOZ owner, I just get tired of seeing people getting hopeful and then disappointed over and over. I have friends who got their machines, and ones who bailed because they couldn't take it.

It's a cool game, this isn't about the game, it's about the company. Yes, it's hard to be a startup, but at a certain point you just have to say "okay, you're not handling this well". When you take people's money and make them promises then you need to man up and keep them or be honest about what's going on that's stopping you. That's my take at least.

I don't say any of this because I have ill will towards Jack personally, or want JJP to fail, because I don't. And maybe you can say I'm not owed anything because I have no skin in the game. But as a community it seems like a little honesty is the right move towards us.

If you're waiting, wouldn't you rather hear "sorry, I know we said 90 days, it's going to be more than 180, here's why, we hope you can be patient"? Instead of "soon soon soon" and it's never actually soon? It's like torturing a kid by constantly moving back the date for Xmas.

#1739 9 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

I called and talked to Jen last Friday . mine is one of the last ones ordered. her words were July ish. yes she actually said July (ish) and had about 270 wozecle to go.

So I was curious, looked up when Jack said the original 90 days ish quote. That was 1/13. Quick calculation says 122 days. I guess you can decide how much "ish" includes, we're over 25% though.

What I don't know is how many were left to build at that time, not sure if we have that figure.

Now we do have a July (ish) end date, if you believe it. That means we're already looking at the 180 days I referenced above. Fine whatever, if it's true then I'll be glad everyone got their games. But taking twice as long as promised just feels to me like there's too much we're not being told. Is it just clearcoated cabinets again (man, so not worth it)? Or is this stuff that's going to affect Hobbit too and the whole thing is just scraping by?

#1798 9 years ago

Have we really hit the point where it's worth pointing out that JJP plans to still be open and in business in August?

#1806 9 years ago
Quoted from juanton:

I thought you were the guy that said if you had skin in the game you would be nervous?

I don't remember what I said, could be. I'm sure as hell glad I don't have a pre-ordered game not delivered yet, what a clusterf*** nightmare. I think everyone will get their WOZes though. I would't pre-order a Hobbit, for a huge multitude of reasons, amongst which are lack of confidence in delivery, timely at least if ever, but also because we haven't see the damn game and I don't pre-order on themes and wishes.

I personally believe the company isn't running well, I don't know why. Bad management, bad luck, tough supply chains, defective hardware, silly clear coated cabs, who knows exactly why. I also believe the investors have bailed, with any money they put in being the sum total of what they'll put out. Again, I don't know, just what I've heard from this source and that.

None of my business really, I just find all these pinheads being left hanging waiting for game after years and years personally frustrating. I'm empathetic to the situation, they're frustrated. I also like the Hobbit theme, I could be a customer, so I'm personally interested in the future of the situation from that perspective.

1 month later
#2020 9 years ago
Quoted from generica:

The matter of 'why' it's taking so long may have once been important, but at this point, I think everybody just wants to see the games ship and for JJP to do a better job next time.

The issue though is that they "why" is kind of important for the "next time". I think we can all agree that if this is how Hobbit is built too that JJP is done. Any patience and understanding that came with doing the first game is going to evaporate if it turns into "this is just how we do business". People will bail and the company will collapse. I don't think that's pessimistic or unrealistic, that's reality.

I really hope that there are specific issues with WOZ that are causing these problems, that they've learned from them, and Hobbit will avoid them and roll off the line much more smoothly. It's just that without communication it's hard to see that. I'm not a WOZ buyer, but I still care because I'm pretty curious about Hobbit. If Jack thinks I'm prepaying and waiting for one for 3 years though ...

Here's hoping everyone gets their games soon.

#2064 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I GOT THE EMAIL!!!! Pat Choy who I bought it from emailed me and said it is FINISHED and ready to ship. I am in awe, dumbfounded, but also in California so I can't fully react. These are not pinheads I am surrounded by

You could drive over and visit Pat, he's not really all that far from where you are now.

1 week later
#2085 9 years ago

I was told by someone who talked to JJP last weekend that they're in the last 100. Anyone else try verifying that?

1 month later
#2268 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Anyone tired of NOODLEBOX hijacking all WOZ threads or fabricated stories is free to use the report button. I know I have been.

Better yet, just ignore his posts. Or put him on ignore if you can't bring up the willpower. Not responding will go a long way towards stopping hijacking.

I can't wait until everyone in this thread has nothing more to wait for. Sure seems like it's around the corner finally.

1 week later
#2357 9 years ago

Congrats to everyone getting their games. I saw a collector friend post his box the other day too, and I know he was way at the end of the queue. Guess the last days are finally here. Here's to hoping Hobbit rolls out 20x faster!

Quoted from Pinchroma:

Make sure you check the box for my Pinchroma Action Figure that was included

Sneak pic of the figure for those who can't wait:

item_L_5539483_2520584.jpgitem_L_5539483_2520584.jpg

2 weeks later
#2526 9 years ago
Quoted from danisme:

I still am a little pissed about the journey getting here, but the game speaks for itself and I'm glad I hung in there.

Hey, good for you. I think it sucks that people had to hang on for so long, there's no excuse, but at least you're happy in the end. That's what counts.

Really, really hoping Hobbit goes smoother. It could really be something big if they can solve that, the theme has a broader appeal amongst more hardcore collectors than WOZ I think.

1 month later
#2627 9 years ago

$9000 + shipping (and possibly tax). Seriously? I had no idea these had run up that high. Crazy town.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 5.00
$ 24.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

13,000 (OBO)
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 91.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-ship-update-for-woz-last-person-to-get-their-woz-post-order-date-please?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.