Topic Stats

• 2,818 posts
  • 314 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 223 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Happy_Ending.jpg
party-cat-party-time.jpg
WTF2.png
youareawesome.jpg
Excited1.jpg
Celebrate25.gif
celebrate26.gif
Celebrate24.gif
Celebrate22.jpg
Celebrate23.jpg
Celebrate21.gif
Celebrate19.gif
Celebrate20.gif
Celebrate18.gif
Celebrate17.jpg
the-psychiatrist-is-in.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 2818 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 57.
#301 6 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

This whole experience has turned into a joke with my family and friends. Actually it's past that. Anytime I mention WOZ they just roll their eyes. LOL.

Same thing here, haha... I wrote a long piece about the experience here: http://www.thepinballpodcast.com/2013/10/03/974-days-3-hours-5-minutes/

#302 6 years ago

Guys just a heads up inspect your shipping box before you sign for your game! the forklift hole at the bottom of my box missed the cabinet of my game by 1/4 inch could of been a real bummer! My driver was cool about it and we cut open the area of the box and inspected the game before I signed for it. Happy ending as the game was in perfect shape
Dang ham fisted forklift drivers

image.jpg

#303 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Guys just a heads up inspect your shipping box before you sign for your game! the forklift hole at the bottom of my box missed the cabinet of my game by 1/4 inch could of been a real bummer! My driver was cool about it and we cut open the area of the box and inspected the game before I signed for it. Happy ending as the game was in perfect shape
Dang ham fisted forklift drivers

Wow that was luck that it didn't cause any damage!

#304 6 years ago

Same thing here, haha... I wrote a long piece about the experience here: http://www.thepinballpodcast.com/2013/10/03/974-days-3-hours-5-minutes/

Great story. It's just been too long. Big mistake by JJP. This whole experience makes me feel like this picture. I will not ever preorder a game from them again.

carrot1_copy.jpg

#305 6 years ago

This whole experience makes me feel like this picture.

Don't forget that, unlike the donkey, you eventually get the carrot, and in the meantime it has appreciated to the tune of three grand...

#306 6 years ago

Great story. It's just been too long. Big mistake by JJP. This whole experience makes me feel like this picture. I will not ever preorder a game from them again.

I'm pretty much there with you. I just don't have the constitution for this type of experience again.

I am glad there is light at the end of the tunnel however....although I said that last year at this time.

#307 6 years ago

I get my carrot in two weeks!

#308 6 years ago

I paid my money and it gets here as soon as Jack can get it to me. I'm good with that. Being patient is not a flaw.

#309 6 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Don't forget that, unlike the donkey, you eventually get the carrot, and in the meantime it has appreciated to the tune of three grand...

My game will be worth $9500 when I get it?

#310 6 years ago

Just wanted to share this pic. Ordered on Feb 19th, 2011. Arrived today! Game number #727, my son's birthday!

photo.JPG

#311 6 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I'm pretty much there with you. I just don't have the constitution for this type of experience again.

I am glad there is light at the end of the tunnel however....although I said that last year at this time.

You're both being quite a bit melodramatic about this. This "big mistake by JJP" was .. what? Deciding to build the game in the first place?? Or selling to people who apparently are ready to believe anything a salesperson tells them and freak out when deadlines get missed? You "don't have the constitution" to wait out an order for a pinball machine? What kind of man are you? (serious question here - you sound like you're two steps from a heart attack if this ordeal was so stressful!)

What exactly did any of you do besides write some checks and sit back and wait? You've gotten regular status reports and pictures detailing progress. At ANY time you could have made one phone call and gotten your money back if you weren't satisfied with progress. You can still, even now, sell your "spot" for more than you paid originally. Why the ZOMG!!! over it??

#312 6 years ago

My game will be worth $9500 when I get it?

Could be. You can't really find it for much less that 9k (including shipping) at this point!

#313 6 years ago

I apologize if this is a stupid question , my WOZECLE should be shipped in Nov,will be my first NIB, I know it is a trucking company but how do they get them off the truck and into a home or garage?, I live in a condo with no walkway to the house, will it be possible for it to be brought in that way or will they have to take it to the detached garage?

And as my first NIB what all should be done before play and after set up?

#314 6 years ago
Quoted from Moose615:

I apologize if this is a stupid question , my WOZECLE should be shipped in Nov,will be my first NIB, I know it is a trucking company but how do they get them off the truck and into a home or garage?, I live in a condo with no walkway to the house, will it be possible for it to be brought in that way or will they have to take it to the detached garage?
And as my first NIB what all should be done before play and after set up?

R&L has 'curbside' service. I have a steep driveway and talked the driver into pushing it to the top of the drive. He pointed out the curbside rule, but helped anyway. The second time I got a pin I had help with me. You have to figure out how to get it into the house, but you might be able to slip him some cash to give you a hand. They have a liftgate and a dolly.

There's about a jillion things that go into setting up a pin if you've never done it, but there is a quick checklist attached to the shipping container. Probably enough info to get you there. I opened the game, checked connections real quick, leveled it and then powered it on. I'm always sure to push the legs 'up' when I tighten the leg bolts, since they will rest in that position, but since WOZ is screened, it probably doesn't matter. I'm leaving a lot out, but those are the basics! Also, Stern has videos on their site about how to set up a pin. Pretty much the same process for JJP.

#315 6 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

You're both being quite a bit melodramatic about this. This "big mistake by JJP" was .. what? Deciding to build the game in the first place?? Or selling to people who apparently are ready to believe anything a salesperson tells them and freak out when deadlines get missed? You "don't have the constitution" to wait out an order for a pinball machine? What kind of man are you? (serious question here - you sound like you're two steps from a heart attack if this ordeal was so stressful!)
What exactly did any of you do besides write some checks and sit back and wait? You've gotten regular status reports and pictures detailing progress. At ANY time you could have made one phone call and gotten your money back if you weren't satisfied with progress. You can still, even now, sell your "spot" for more than you paid originally. Why the ZOMG!!! over it??

I wouldn't say its a mistake, I just think the initial shipping goal of December 2011 was a little ambitious. If the goal was October 2013, for example, I think many people would have not ordered way back then, but their spots would be filled by others, for sure.

#316 6 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Just wanted to share this pic. Ordered on Feb 19th, 2011. Arrived today! Game number #727, my son's birthday!

Get some help lifting that sucker Riggy! I lifted mine myself heaviest pin I have ever lifted by a mile!

#317 6 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I think the "mistake" was re-doing things and adding/improving stuff along the way,which extended the delivery time. Pisses me off that they bothered to update troublesome LED boards before ramping up to full production speed, adding features that weren't promised up front like a video-display crystal ball, a cool wooden apron, cranking up the audio system beyond what was expected or had ever been put into a pin before, upgrading the mobo from the prototype level to handle the expanding code, etc. Pisses me right off, that does!

#318 6 years ago

1/30/11, arriving Monday

#319 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

1/30/11, arriving Monday

Congratulations! I'm jealous. Hoping to have mine by the holidays.

#320 6 years ago

I just wanted to mention that my machine was made 9/19/13 and you can really tell that the JJP team has the assembly process dialed in! Besides 2 extremely simple adjustments this thing is good to go! none of the early reported problems that I had heard about. I would still like to know if mine has the updated boards in it, but I am not sure how to tell?

#321 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I would still like to know if mine has the updated boards in it, but I am not sure how to tell?

If your lights go out, you have the bad ones.

#322 6 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Wow, you really need to slow down there. Talk about being dramatic. I take it you didn't read the story huh. No need explaining it to you then.

#323 6 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I think the "mistake" was re-doing things and adding/improving stuff along the way,which extended the delivery time.

You are way off base StephenP.

#324 6 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Priceless, thanks for sharing.

#325 6 years ago

You missed the inferred smilies.

#326 6 years ago

Wow, you really need to slow down there. Talk about being dramatic. I take it you didn't read the story huh. No need explaining it to you then.

I read the whole thread, and yes, those posts I quoted were quite melodramatic. "adjective \ˌme-lə-drə-ˈma-tik\. : emotional in a way that is very extreme or exaggerated" -- I'd say they fit the bill.. if someone is that stressed over the delayed delivery of a big toy, they got a couple issues. Just sayin

I've been waiting as long as most of you. When it's done, it'll ship... probably in a couple weeks based on the numbering. Til then I got other games to play.

#327 6 years ago

Watch out for those low-flying jokes, make sure you duck...

#328 6 years ago

Whoa, call the service tech Pappy. Your sarcasm meter has a blown fuse or fried coil or something.

#329 6 years ago

Today is WOZ Day!

UPDATE: WOZ ECLE #61 in da house. First major upgrade to the Moze-O-Leum in quite a while.

Jack called while the game was en route to check in, even read back my original email order from 1/30/11. Said that production was going well, main problem was not being able to get games made for new orders soon enough. I hope the demand stays high for a long time--with software updates and a timeless theme, it may and that's good for pinball.

#330 6 years ago

Congrats stevenP. Hope you have a blast. It's an awesome game. You might have to sign up for WOZ anonymous however. Addicting game!

#331 6 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Today is WOZ Day!
UPDATE: WOZ ECLE #61 in da house. First major upgrade to the Moze-O-Leum in quite a while.
Jack called while the game was en route to check in, even read back my original email order from 1/30/11. Said that production was going well, main problem was not being able to get games made for new orders soon enough. I hope the demand stays high for a long time--with software updates and a timeless theme, it may and that's good for pinball.

Awesome news Steve!

#332 6 years ago

Gorgeous game, working fine. So far it's kicking my butt. And I am still trying to figure out a few things. I get a bunch of goals, but on HOADC, is there anywhere that keeps track of what horses you have? Once you get the number needed, do they just stay dark until you collect? Lots going on, have lots of room for improvement! (Broke 100k just once, on Medium settings)

BTW, it feels really weird actually having the game at home after so much 'waiting'! And, looks like my game ("born on date" of 9/23) has the newer LCD boards, but no spare in the goodie bag(s).

#333 6 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

BTW, it feels really weird actually having the game at home after so much 'waiting'! And, looks like my game ("born on date" of 9/23) has the newer LCD boards, but no spare in the goodie bag(s).

Yeah, I felt the same way after getting it finally. As to the LED boards, that's cool that you got the new ones. Mine was made on 9/19 and I (apparently) have the old ones. I had my first board failure today, but I should have a replacement next week.

Edit: FYI: I don't have a spare LED board either. They stopped putting them in the goodie bags a little while back....

Have fun with it. It's a blast, but I am getting tired of it kicking my butt too.

#334 6 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Yeah, I felt the same way after getting it finally. As to the LED boards, that's cool that you got the new ones. Mine was made on 9/19 and I (apparently) have the old ones. I had my first board failure today, but I should have a replacement next week.
Edit: I don't have a spare LED board either. They stopped putting them in the goodie bags a little while back....
Have fun with it. It's a blast, but I am getting tired of it kicking my butt too.

In my defense, still recovering from hand surgery and haven't played pinball in a couple of months. (yeah, that's the ticket!) Wondering if there are any goodies inside the cab, or just in the plastic bag strip. Thought I saw green apron cards posted a while back; all I have is a white one that says Free Play.

#335 6 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Wondering if there are any goodies inside the cab, or just in the plastic bag strip. Thought I saw green apron cards posted a while back; all I have is a white one that says Free Play.

My cabinet didn't have any other spare parts inside, and all I have is the white free play card too....

#336 6 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I've been waiting as long as most of you. When it's done, it'll ship... probably in a couple weeks based on the numbering. Til then I got other games to play.

Larry, I have to stick up for these guys and I have to say, I feel the same way as they do.
Just my 2 cents.... I feel it would of been a lot easier if Jack would of just done a blog, and posted what they have done so far on a bi-weekly basis and nothing else-- just a progress report on whats been done.
Different people feel a different way for the situation that they are in....
Some people are just OCD with their money. Personally, I cant stand knowing I owe someone anything and I hate having money sitting out there un-accounted for. If there is a set hard stop date that is one thing but when that date keeps getting stretched(for good reasons or not) it gets frustrating (another thing to keep track of).

Also, Some people have a wife and kids to accommodate. I am not even going to torture you with those stories-- think driving in a car and hearing "are we there yet", over and over and over..... Not to mention, explaining to the wife that the $6500 we paid a few years ago, is Really not a shady transaction and this is why...... do that 10 or 20 times and tell me how you would feel.
For me, honestly, it was not worth the money I saved, but thats me.

Anyhow, it looks like Oct 21st, this roller coaster ride is finally coming to end for me, or just starting.... depending how you look at it

good luck
Scott
Detroit Pinball

#337 6 years ago

Good points, but I still think "don't have the constitution for this" and the other bits were melodramatic. The fact that refunds have always been available kinda takes the sting out of it... the question has always been simply whether to bail or not, either thru refund or selling the spot. I mean, right now, it looks like you could sell for 8k... if it bugs you, do that- buy a regular and profit a bit.

I will say that BBB jaded me to any pinball project predicted production dates; I assumed the game would take at least as long as BBB, probably longer, and was not 'disappointed' LOL I really do want to play it and it looks like mine is a week or two out based on current invoice number.

#338 6 years ago

Yeah, unlike the Australian MM project, JJP did provide periodic, 'real' updates. You could see the layout,parts being stored, whitewoods, artwork, and then the factory. From fairly early on, it became a question of 'when' and not 'if' so that should have reduced anxiety (although perhaps impatience remained! ). Honestly, for all the improvements and 'extra' stuff that went into WOZ as a result of the delays, I think it is worth the wait. JJP is really over-delivering on this game, no question.

And, once it arrives and you set it up at home, the long wait will quickly fade to just a memory. I bet it does.

#339 6 years ago

I don't have my WOZ ECLE yet; been waiting since March 2012 - much less than some others, but still quite a while. But I'm OK with it. Jack has kept quality at the forefront and I am comfortable with his judgement. So much so that I preordered The Hobbit LE too.

Honestly, I think a big part of this discussion is not based on JJP but rather on how each of us is wired. Some of us are risk-averse and others are comfortable with a higher level of uncertainty. That doesn't make any of us right or wrong. We each ought to do what fits with our own personality. For example, I am thrilled with what I see coming from JJP and feel that my trust in Jack has been well rewarded.

#340 6 years ago

Received an update from JJP last week after I requested one. Invoice # 2252 (3/23/11) order. Being told that my game should ship the week of Oct 20th or 28th.

#341 6 years ago

congrats to all. They are shipping and if you haven't got it yet think of all the ironing out of issues you will not have to deal with, and code updating!

#342 6 years ago

WOZ-in-a-box arrived safely today (invoice #2131 1/31/2011). I just need to get a few friends over to move it into the basement game room.

#343 6 years ago

For everyone that has or will be getting their games it looks like most of the games main gameplay code will be done by the Pinball Expo! See Pinball Magazines interview with Keith below.

http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=1511

#344 6 years ago
Quoted from Q-Dog:

WOZ-in-a-box arrived safely today (invoice #2131 1/31/2011). I just need to get a few friends over to move it into the basement game room.

Congratulations! Hey you are in my neck of the woods! Seriously, if you need any help moving it or setting it up let me know. I'd be happy to help. I get my WOZLE later this month (hopefully).

#345 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

For everyone that has or will be getting their games it looks like most of the games main gameplay code will be done by the Pinball Expo! See Pinball Magazines interview with Keith below.
http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=1511

if I understand correctly, pinball should be almost complete for the exhibition (methods, rules,,,)?
So we should soon have a very big update?

si j'ai bien compris, le flipper devrait être prESque complet pour l'expo (modes, règles,,,) ?
Donc on ne devrait pas tarder à avoir une très grosse mise à jour ?

#346 6 years ago

sebseb12: It seems that way. I would guess that there may be some followups after Expo, but I would hope that the road map may be complete before then, with things like the last two crystal ball and munchkin modes yet to do.

interestingly, I find it easier to read your posts in french than the translated ones, but I still remain unable to compose my replies en français. Apparently I should use my french more often than I am .

#347 6 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

sebseb12: It seems that way. I would guess that there may be some followups after Expo, but I would hope that the road map may be complete before then, with things like the last two crystal ball and munchkin modes yet to do.
interestingly, I find it easier to read your posts in french than the translated ones, but I still remain unable to compose my replies en français. Apparently I should use my french more often than I am .

I also hope there will be all these ways and more

j'espère également qu'il y aura tous ces modes et plus encore

#348 6 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

You're welcome!
Come and visit us!

#349 6 years ago

Tks for the translite seb,it help some guy like me to understand
So someting new is coming for WOZ
I can't wait

#350 6 years ago

so how many approximately have been made so far?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 89.00
6,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Royalton, OH
$ 156.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 2818 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 57.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside