Celebrate23.jpg
Celebrate21.gif
Celebrate19.gif
Celebrate20.gif
Celebrate18.gif
Celebrate17.jpg
the-psychiatrist-is-in.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 2,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 57.
#2651 9 years ago

Fun Day

#2652 9 years ago

Picked up my RR # 819 (birthday) this past Saturday. Can't wait to clear some space and set this beauty up!

#2653 9 years ago

Hi FullBlown. I created an account just for you. I have been following this thread without an account from the beginning. What is your name and who did you order from as I would like to get to the bottom of your order. Thank you! My email address is [email protected] if you would rather email me there.

#2654 9 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJen:

Hi FullBlown. I created an account just for you. I have been following this thread without an account from the beginning. What is your name and who did you order from as I would like to get to the bottom of your order. Thank you! My email address is [email protected] if you would rather email me there.

Welcome to Pinside Jen!

#2655 9 years ago

I was about to speak on Jen's behalf, but here she is!

She told me today that mine is built, which must mean the final preordered standards are built. Nothing left but the shipping now

#2656 9 years ago

Hi Jen, welcome to our asylum here at Pinside. After you hit a million karma points, they fit you for a straight jacket.

#2657 9 years ago

Last standard ? Is this true..I cannot order one?

#2658 9 years ago

Jen is on pinside. nice! Welcome. You are great!

#2659 9 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

Last standard ? Is this true..I cannot order one?

No, last preordered standard.

Standards, Ruby Reds, and even some ECLEs are still available for order. You just won't have to wait for nearly as long.

#2660 9 years ago

Ok, so if i order a woz standard now, it might be here within a month?

Nice.

#2661 9 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Hi Jen, welcome to our asylum here at Pinside. After you hit a million karma points, they fit you for a straight jacket.

...and a "Pinball Addict" title.

#2662 9 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Ok, so if i order a woz standard now, it might be here within a month?
Nice.

I just ordered a WOZ 75th and had it in four days! Crazy fast - I couldn't believe it when the shipping company called...

#2663 9 years ago

Sweet, full blown looks like your going to get the gift from pinnovators for being the last preorder Le/standard woz... As soon as he gets straightened out to confirm he and one other guy here were waiting. Did the other guy get his?

Let me know who gets the volume kit!

Thanks,
Lorenzo
Pinnovators.com

image-509.jpgimage-509.jpgimage-754.jpgimage-754.jpg

#2664 9 years ago

Jimdal if u and full blown ship the same day ill send one to each of u as a tie!

#2665 9 years ago

Lorenzo is the man..

#2666 9 years ago

Agree Lorenzo is great and so is his external volume control for WOZ. I use mine all the time.

#2667 9 years ago

Somewhere in this thread a while back someone suggested the person at the end deserved something for waiting...so it wasn't completely my idea, Im glad when we can close it up. Been a long ride for all of us. Had mine a month, really enjoying it.

#2668 9 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Agree Lorenzo is great and so is his external volume control for WOZ. I use mine all the time.

I do too. I don't need the headphone jack thingie at all, but the volume control is awesome.

#2669 9 years ago

Looks like I might lose... Shipped today!

#2670 9 years ago
Quoted from jimdahl:

Looks like I might lose... Shipped today!

Wait for it, full blown could have got the call... Suspense!!!!

#2671 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Somewhere in this thread a while back someone suggested the person at the end deserved something for waiting...

That was me. I felt they should get something to mark the occasion. First one delivered was cool but we didn't find out who it was (non-Pinside or JJP poster). The last preorder delivery is probably the bigger milestone anyways. Unfortunately, I was too cheap to come up with anything, so THANKS for stepping up and pledging to make it happen. Have been watching this thread closely and waiting for the post that it has been successfully delivered. Fingers crossed for early next week timeframe.

The race continues with jimdahl & FullBlown running neck and neck. Who will be the last man standing? Stay tuned and good luck gentlemen.

#2672 9 years ago

I wonder if the company guys have gotten their green WOzes yet? (Balcer, Keefer, and JJ) Wouldn't surprise me if those ones had been pushed.

Of course, they're not really pre-orders

#2674 9 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

I wonder if the company guys have gotten their green WOzes yet? (Balcer, Keefer, and JJ) Wouldn't surprise me if those ones had been pushed.
Of course, they're not really pre-orders

We have dev games that make up iterative production parts.

#2675 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

We have dev games that make up iterative production parts.

I thought Keefer posted some time ago that they were getting a production run game at the end of the run. ECLE #1/2/3?

#2676 9 years ago

Crazy busy work week.. Have not had a moment to do amything or follow up

#2677 9 years ago
Quoted from FullBlown:

Crazy busy work week.. Have not had a moment to do amything or follow up

Follow up, follow up, follow up lol

Shipped that's what we want to hear!!

#2678 9 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

I thought Keefer posted some time ago that they were getting a production run game at the end of the run. ECLE #1/2/3?

No doubt he is

#2679 9 years ago

Looks like I lost (though I'm reasonably happy about it)!

mywoz.jpgmywoz.jpg

I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to get this in the house

#2680 9 years ago
Quoted from jimdahl:

Do you need help moving it, or will it not fit through the door? Your first game?

#2681 9 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Do you need help moving it, or will it not fit through the door? Your first game?

Yep, first game! I did a lot of reading here before taking the plunge, so hopefully have realistic expectations of what I'm going to have to learn. The real problem is I'm at home because I was waiting for the delivery, but no other guys in the neighborhood are home, so no helping hands yet

Moving it in actually shouldn't be that bad, because last night my wife suggested we set it up on the main floor at first so it gets more play. That would just be bumping the dolly up a couple stairs and in the front door. I don't think she quite realizes how much noise a pin makes, but even if we decide to move it to the basement a bit later, it looks the pain of moving downstairs after folding it back up isn't that much more than doing it now in box would be.

#2682 9 years ago
Quoted from jimdahl:

I brought mine in and set it up solo! - quite an engineering feat involving levers, a block & tackle, and a rewatch of Arnold in "Pumping Iron" beforehand to get fired up! Not recommended....

#2683 9 years ago

I handle most pins on my own - from fold up to loading/unloading to set up, but WOZ is a beast. I called a neighbor for help as the probability of failure is just higher with this one - as well as the cost of an error!

I'd secure the box to the dolly (looks like you've done that) and move it through the front door. I'd take it all the way down to the basement this way if possible. This particular pin's mechanics are very loud so even with volume turned down it might be a challenge in the main room of the house.

Get help to go down those stairs and then have help to get it unboxed and set up.

#2684 9 years ago

I agree.

WOZ is one heavy beast.

#2685 9 years ago

+1, get help. I initially tried to get it thought the front door on a dolly with the wife helping, it BARELY fit, but it was soo heavy it was too hard to get it over the bottom plate of the door frame that steps up a bit from our porch. Luckily, saw neighbor outside and he came over to help, heh. between me and him we got it done. So i would definitely reach out, its fine on your porch for now (just keep an eye on it).

#2686 9 years ago

AND THEN THERE WAS ONE!!!!!

#2687 9 years ago
Quoted from jimdahl:

The real problem is I'm at home because I was waiting for the delivery, but no other guys in the neighborhood are home, so no helping hands yet

Gotcha! I work in Fairfax, but I'm home (Stone Ridge) now. I could slip out mid-day pretty easily if you're not able to find someone else to help you with it.

Congrats on the game. It's quite a nice way to start into the hobby.

#2688 9 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Gotcha! I work in Fairfax, but I'm home (Stone Ridge) now. I could slip out mid-day pretty easily if you're not able to find someone else to help you with it.
Congrats on the game. It's quite a nice way to start into the hobby.

Got it set up! Thanks so much for the offer, everyone here is so friendly. I'm actually in Fairfax myself, but the Alexandria portion so I usually just write Alexandria.

Took me and the neighbor (who also has no pinball experience, but a lot of moving experience) about an hour to figure out everything from unboxing to lifting the play field so we could get out the shipping foam.

We did just start with it in the front room on the main floor so it's the first thing you see when you walk in the house I do see what btw75 was saying about loud mechanics -- even though I turned the volume down a bit, when the ball goes into those trees you can hear them popping throughout the main floor. So far we're okay with that, though. I did some tests like playing music in the kitchen while the pin is playing in the other room and it's no worse background noise than if someone is playing video games in the next room.

One question for people with woz's -- the only weird thing I've noticed so far is a somewhat loud buzz coming from the speakers when there's no other audio (I can't for the life of me get it to play any music during attract mode, despite fiddling with the settings, so that's when it's most noticeable). In searching the forums all I can find are references to feedback from the lights, but the correlation doesn't seem right. I even made my way into the PC box under the play field to make sure all the audio cables were seated well. It doesn't bother me much because we don't intend to leave it in attract mode much, but I'm just not sure if it's normal.

#2689 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

AND THEN THERE WAS ONE!!!!!

Was finally able to send a message to my dist...
Awaiting a reply...

CONGRATS JIMDAHL!!!

#2690 9 years ago
Quoted from jimdahl:

One question for people with woz's -- the only weird thing I've noticed so far is a somewhat loud buzz coming from the speakers when there's no other audio (I can't for the life of me get it to play any music during attract mode, despite fiddling with the settings, so that's when it's most noticeable). In searching the forums all I can find are references to feedback from the lights, but the correlation doesn't seem right. I even made my way into the PC box under the play field to make sure all the audio cables were seated well. It doesn't bother me much because we don't intend to leave it in attract mode much, but I'm just not sure if it's normal.

Did you check the cable connections in the backbox speakers? If they are attached but loose at all just take them off and pinch ever so slightly with some pliers to snug them up... So, seated but still not snug will still cause problems on this machine...

#2691 9 years ago
Quoted from BigOrange:

Did you check the cable connections in the backbox speakers? If they are attached but loose at all just take them off and pinch ever so slightly with some pliers to snug them up... So, seated but still not snug will still cause problems on this machine...

I tried to check but couldn't figure out how to get in there. I found the key for the backbox top in the coindoor, but once unlocked it didn't obviously open. I didn't try very hard, spent about 10 seconds on it and moved on to other setup tasks. I'll try again and figure it out.

#2692 9 years ago
Quoted from jimdahl:

I tried to check but couldn't figure out how to get in there. I found the key for the backbox top in the coindoor, but once unlocked it didn't obviously open. I didn't try very hard, spent about 10 seconds on it and moved on to other setup tasks. I'll try again and figure it out.

Jim, unlock the backbox with the keys you found in the coin door. Then lift the backglass upwards then outwards. You will see at the bottom of a backglass a little ledge for you to lift from. That will remove it and give you access to the backbox. You will see the audio wires that run behind the monitor. They are very thick and go into the speaker box at the top of the backbox. Make sure they are snug. If you have any issue at all send me a pm and I will shoot you my cell number.

#2693 9 years ago
Quoted from jimdahl:

I do see what btw75 was saying about loud mechanics -- even though I turned the volume down a bit, when the ball goes into those trees you can hear them popping throughout the main floor. So far we're okay with that, though. I did some tests like playing music in the kitchen while the pin is playing in the other room and it's no worse background noise than if someone is playing video games in the next room.

I ended up turning down the power on the tree bumpers a bit, cuts down a little on the noise. between that and the reduced volume, I can still play it at night when the baby is asleep with no issue (tho she has a white noise machine in her room)

#2694 9 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I ended up turning down the power on the tree bumpers a bit

I did the same. It wasn't so much the noise for me, but a missed shot at the left loop hitting the right tree sent the ball screaming back at the flippers. If I flipped again, it was causing bad airballs. The trees and state fair on my seemed just a bit too active on default settings.

Quoted from jimdahl:

Took me and the neighbor (who also has no pinball experience, but a lot of moving experience) about an hour to figure out everything from unboxing to lifting the play field so we could get out the shipping foam.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall! I bet the excitement in the room was so thick you could see it.

I'm glad you got the game moved and set up. If you have any questions or need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask. There's a lot of guys in the area with games, and nearly all of them are willing to help whenever possible.

#2695 9 years ago

Congrats jimdahl! Thanks for the pics and story. Didn't realize WOZLE was your first pin, it sets a very high bar. This was a a long time coming. Time to C E L E B R A T E ! !

Celebrate09.jpgCelebrate09.jpg

Celebrate10.jpgCelebrate10.jpg

Celebrate11.jpgCelebrate11.jpg

Celebrate12.jpgCelebrate12.jpg

Celebrate13.jpgCelebrate13.jpg

Celebrate14.jpgCelebrate14.jpg

Celebrate15 - Copy.jpgCelebrate15 - Copy.jpg

Celebrate16.jpgCelebrate16.jpg

#2696 9 years ago

jimdahl ... you may be the winner. I raise my beer mug to you!

Celebrate00.jpgCelebrate00.jpg
Celebrate01.jpgCelebrate01.jpg
Celebrate02.gifCelebrate02.gif
Celebrate03.jpegCelebrate03.jpeg
Celebrate04.jpgCelebrate04.jpg
Celebrate05.jpgCelebrate05.jpg
Celebrate06.jpgCelebrate06.jpg
Celebrate07.jpgCelebrate07.jpg
Celebrate08.gifCelebrate08.gif

#2697 9 years ago

*******Epic Announcement Coming Soon *******,
RE: My Preordered WOZ ( The last one)

*****It's a Game Changer...... Stay Tuned!!!!!******

#2699 9 years ago

Did you forget about us Fullblown? Since you have failed to provide details of this epic announcement, I'll have to start my own rumors. Is it true that Jack himself is coming to your home to deliver game and you will be serving him Shasta and cold cuts?

#2700 9 years ago

I heard there will also be a cheese pump.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.50
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
There are 2,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 57.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-ship-update-for-woz-last-person-to-get-their-woz-post-order-date-please/page/54 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.