Celebrate23.jpg
Celebrate21.gif
Celebrate19.gif
Celebrate20.gif
Celebrate18.gif
Celebrate17.jpg
the-psychiatrist-is-in.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 2,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 57.
#2101 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

If you waited for actual last to ship info, this thread would be crickets.

But at least it would just contain shipping info, the point of the thread..

#2102 9 years ago

Wait they made a Wizard of Oz?

#2103 9 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

A thread that would be buried so deep nobody would find it. This is Pinside, threads turn into something else and then go back on topic all the time.

#2104 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Here we go again... This is a last to ship thread. If u just want to talk shit go to another woz thread please

"NEED SHIP UPDATE FOR WOZ.."

So discussing why machines aren't shipping is on topic. Also discussing general intel on the subject is on topic. Questioning validity of intel is also on topic. Again, JJP recently promised all machines would be done by now. They aren't. Discussing why they aren't is on topic.

#2105 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

"NEED SHIP UPDATE FOR WOZ.."
So discussing why machines aren't shipping is on topic. Also discussing general intel on the subject is on topic. Questioning validity of intel is also on topic. Again, JJP recently promised all machines would be done by now. They aren't. Discussing why they aren't is on topic.

On your other comment where you said you were amazed that anyone believed anything coming out of JJP, I agree totally. It's like the that boy crying Wolf or the sky is falling Pinocchio story...but after getting, um, "mislead" for years, why do people count on anything they say? It's like, I know they "misled" me, but this time, I really think they are telling the truth.

#2106 9 years ago

And a lot fewer uncalled for comments from those who are addicted to schadenfreude.

Really, how can twisting the knife at every opportunity continue to be so enjoyable? What's wrong with these people?

(edit: Weird, when I submitted, the screen refreshed but sent me back into composing. But I checked, and it had indeed posted it. Must be how a lot of double posts happen. Might want to look into that, Robin!)

#2107 9 years ago

I see no benefit to sharing anything on my order # or shipping date. It doesn't help anybody, its always stale as soon as you get it, the only current update is from Jen or Jack who run the factory and shipping. Why rely on anything else if you are a buyer?

#2108 9 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I see no benefit to sharing anything on my order # or shipping date. It doesn't help anybody, its always stale as soon as you get it, the only current update is from Jen or Jack who run the factory and shipping. Why rely on anything else if you are a buyer?

For us that are waiting, it provides real & honest information that a game is getting made and that the progress is happening in a somewhat ordered fashion and that we haven't been skipped. I have gotten an update from the factory, but things haven't always lined up with that - and anyway, I don't want to annoy them by calling weekly.

It really is appreciated.

#2109 9 years ago

FWIW, I helped a customer set up a WOZ LE on Friday that shipped on Monday 7/7/2014. It was shipped from the factory in NJ, it wasn't an in stock purchase from a distributor.

#2110 9 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Come on, you can't be serious. Your invoice number and delivery date give people two concrete, honest, indisputable pieces of information that can help them triangulate when they can expect their games. The "factory" said that all LE's would ship by beginning of April. Your info is far more reliable and helpful, and even if not, what's the problem with sharing it?

#2111 9 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

So correct on this. Only provides fodder for those that partake in criticism.

#2112 9 years ago

43 pages and 2000 posts prove that we don't need fodder in order to criticize.

#2113 9 years ago

Keep the invoice #'s and delivery dates coming. It's concrete evidence things are moving along and makes it easier on us waiters. I find the info from JJP way too optimistic and I'm not bothering Jen with repeated phone calls. This is the Pinside thread I'm most interested in - it's the one I open first. I'd like to keep it that way.

#2114 9 years ago

I have not had a machine delivered to me COD for shipping before. What forms of payment will they take? Who should I call?

#2115 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I have not had a machine delivered to me COD for shipping before. What forms of payment will they take? Who should I call?

JJP sent me a bill for shipping. Did someone tell you it was COD?

#2116 9 years ago

my distrib pat choy - but they might send a bill. i'll just wait and see. but what is normal when it's COD for shipping?

#2117 9 years ago

It's a FESTIVUS MIRACLE!!!!!!!!

Jen just called me. #2510 purchased 7/1/11 is shipping to me today!

#2118 9 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

WOZ is going to the moon!

moon.jpgmoon.jpg

#2119 9 years ago

Congrats! I forgot all about you moving here. Hope you're settling in nicely... from St Louis was it?

#2120 9 years ago

Moved from a Kansas City suburb. Settling in great, although dealing with a much smaller basement space (stupid integral garages). Haven't even setup the pins yet and we're toying with the idea of enclosing the 3rd car stall of the garage into the basement space. Will make due in the meantime. Definitely could use some help if there are any locals (as well as recommendations of any places to play besides the infamous twice yearly PAPA HQ).

Anyways, FWIW, Jen was realllllly apologetic on the phone. If you couldn't tell by the facebook posts yesterday, she admitted they've had a rough go lately, but now that all the board issues are resolved as of early June and part stocks have returned to normal, production numbers should ramp up.

I wish them the best. I've remained quiet until now on this board, but honestly I've dealt with many failing companies. From those experiences, I never sensed a monetary issue with JJ at any point, but a company that had to deal with extraneous circumstances and growing pains that put them in a bind. Could they have been more forthcoming with information? Sure. Do their time tables stink? Sure (but not unlike a new restaurant giving horrible wait estimates because they don't have the experience to know). With my $$ stapped between this an MMR, not sure I'll be able to pull a Hobbit, but for those that have, I forsee a great machine with exponentially faster manufacturing and delivery times.

#2121 9 years ago

OMG, I've been out of the loop on this. Can't believe you guys are still waiting after 3 years. Hope you enjoy it.

#2122 9 years ago

As per JJP approximately 83 LE's left to build...cabinets in this week...almost there...finally! Ours was one of the last ordered and will arrive with all the latest software and hardware. Party time next month!

#2123 9 years ago
Quoted from Bostonbuzz:

As per JJP approximately 83 LE's left to build...cabinets in this week...almost there...finally! Ours was one of the last ordered and will arrive with all the latest software and hardware. Party time next month!

Really, we went from 200 to 83? I though we would have heard of more people getting games then just the past handful. My order date is 7-23 hopefully I will get the call soon.

#2124 9 years ago

I think it should be 186 rather than 86 based on the serial numbers from the most recent reports of game deliveries.
Jack actually said 86 (not 83) but that was probably a typo missing the 1 in front.

#2125 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I think it should be 183 rather than 83 based on the serial numbers from the most recent reports of game deliveries.

You'll know when they get really low because no one here will be asking when their game is shipping.

#2126 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

You'll know when they get really low because no one here will be asking when their game is shipping.

Well...I was told several times I am about 75 from the end of the 1000 ECLE but I see several people from July 2011 to January 2012 in front of me still waiting.

#2127 9 years ago

I am September 2011 and still crickets for me

#2128 9 years ago

Nothing here, no even a cricket. I believe we're closer to 200 left to build.

#2129 9 years ago

"Really, we went from 200 to 83? I though we would have heard of more people getting games then just the past handful. My order date is 7-23 hopefully I will get the call soon."

Remember 200 or so was the figure back end of April. JJP stated approximately 83 LE's left to build this past weekend with cabinets due to arrive within a week. The last couple hundred or so pins were ordered over the span of the last ten months pre-orders were being accepted. Being one of the last to order in Apr 2012 and following the information trail as best I can through visits to the JPP factory and speaking directly with Jack on a number of occasions this should be fairly accurate information.

This may be hard for some to fathom here on Pinside but the majority of WOZ owners don't waste their time posting on these forums. Most have received their games and are enjoying their purchases. The people that ordered "later" and are still waiting are the ones that either are now getting tired of the wait and airing their grief or are dealing with it as I am knowing when my LE does arrive it will be the latest and greatest product possible.

#2130 9 years ago

Slight correction...this is the quote posted by Jack himself...

"We have about 86 ECLEWOZ games left to build. Once we get LE cabinets again, next week, we will knock them out."

#2131 9 years ago
Quoted from Bostonbuzz:

"We have about 86 ECLEWOZ games left to build. Once we get LE cabinets again, next week, we will knock them out."

He also said 90 days about 180 days ago...just sayin'.

#2132 9 years ago

I cannot tell you how grateful I will be when the last WOZ-LE is built and the point/counterpoint that dominates this thread finally ends. Here's to hoping for better things with the Hobbit.

#2133 9 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I cannot tell you how grateful I will be when the last WOZ-LE is built and the point/counterpoint that dominates this thread finally ends. Here's to hoping for better things with the Hobbit.

It wont, the same 5 or 6 dudes will just troll on something else JJP related. but i'd be happy to be proved wrong on this. lol.

And I like that boston is concentrating on how many are left, not when they will be done, just how many left to go. Maybe he can check back in 2 weeks and see what the count is then.

#2134 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

He also said 90 days about 180 days ago...just sayin'.

Thnx for the update, wasn't aware that was said *sarcasm*

#2135 9 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

It will be a happy day when this thread is no longer relevant.

#2136 9 years ago
Quoted from Bostonbuzz:

Built and delivered are two different things. They may be batching up deliveries to save money. Also keep in mind this is summer and coordinating things may be more difficult.

My point is that when Jack is counting how many left, I am sure he is counting how many are sitting on the dock too. So that may explain some of the gap you are referring to.

Either way, I agree with the rest of these posts. I will be glad when this is over and JJP delivers what was promised. I also hope TH goes smoother for all. In the end, although the wait has been brutal and full of drama, I still think the product was worth it. WoZ is clearly one of the best pins ever built. Not bad for the first pin from JJP.

I hope they take lessons learned and really apply them to TH. A lot of power in experience. Especially those centered around setting expectations as well as supplier management.

Let's get em done Jack!

#2137 9 years ago

@Twitter Jack posted a recent picture of the loading dock. Looks like >50 pins waiting to be shipped. Cannot tell if they are standard or LE.

BtJN1t2IYAA56I3.jpgBtJN1t2IYAA56I3.jpg

#2138 9 years ago

'Hope it's true - would love to get mine.

#2139 9 years ago

I'm just waiting for the responses to start pouring in from the usual 5 or 6 about the conspiracy on how that pic was fake, staged, photo shopped, lol.

#2140 9 years ago

I'm just waiting for the responses to start pouring in from the usual 5 or 6 about the conspiracy on how that pic was fake, staged, photo shopped, lol.

Or those of us that are very excited for our fellow pinheads to get their games!

#2141 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Or those of us that are very excited for our fellow pinheads to get their games!

Yup, im excited to see the last batches of games making it out. I'm pretty much a newb with pins when it comes to ownership, but love my WOZ and looking forward to (hopefully) these threads having more content about WOZ itself (playing, modding, etc).

#2142 9 years ago

When I spoke with Jack at the Allentown PinFest Show on 5/2/14 and told him my order date he confirmed that my pin should be shipping mid to late August and it appears that target is still on track. He also said the long wait would pay off as my LE being one of the last pre-ordered would have all the latest software installed and any issues the machines may have had over the production run addressed and corrected.

#2143 9 years ago

Definitely could use some help if there are any locals (as well as recommendations of any places to play besides the infamous twice yearly PAPA HQ).

Just sent you a PM!

#2144 9 years ago

Your comment just helps incite and solicit such negativity if for nothing else but to agitate you.

Anyway, regarding the picture of the 50 ish games above, it is wonderful to see so many games getting made even if they may (or may not) be for a container to Australia and Mr. Pinball. It certainly shows that JJP is capable of making quantities of games and that should bode well for everyone that is left waiting for their WOZECLE order including me.

#2145 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Your comment just helps incite and solicit such negativity if for nothing else but to agitate you.

I agree 100 percent! The constant bitching about the these 5 or 6 so called trolls just stirs them up.

#2146 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Anyway, regarding the picture of the 50 ish games above, it is wonderful to see so many games getting made even if they may (or may not) be for a container to Australia and Mr. Pinball. It certainly shows that JJP is capable of making quantities of games and that should bode well for everyone that is left waiting for their WOZECLE order including me.

Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I agree 100 percent! The constant bitching about the these 5 or 6 so called trolls just stirs them up.

At least I can take criticism on the cheek and "agree to disagree". to each their own. hope you get your game soon.

#2147 9 years ago

At least I can take criticism on the cheek and "agree to disagree". to each their own. hope you get your game soon.

Well then, your special

#2148 9 years ago

Yup, im excited to see the last batches of games making it out. I'm pretty much a newb with pins when it comes to ownership, but love my WOZ and looking forward to (hopefully) these threads having more content about WOZ itself (playing, modding, etc).

You're part of the JJP google group, right?

#2149 9 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

You're part of the JJP google group, right?

Yeah

#2150 9 years ago

Look what just showed up!

Shipping company is apparently curbside delivery, but after he got it off the truck and looked at me and my long (and thankfully flat driveway), he helped me move it into the garage.

20140723_103919_resized.jpg20140723_103919_resized.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 2,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 57.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-ship-update-for-woz-last-person-to-get-their-woz-post-order-date-please/page/43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.