Celebrate23.jpg
Celebrate21.gif
Celebrate19.gif
Celebrate20.gif
Celebrate18.gif
Celebrate17.jpg
the-psychiatrist-is-in.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 2,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 57.
#1551 10 years ago

#2494 here, order date June 30th, 2011.
Getting closer and closer now ...
Jen told me it ships April 28th !!

#1552 10 years ago

Finally, it's here! WOZ #733 made it to Pinside HQ!

..and I think a lot of Dutch pinheads are going to be happy today, the truck that brought mine held another 10 or so WOZECLE boxes.

IMG_6091.jpegIMG_6091.jpeg

#1553 10 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

My buddy just got his game yesterday
Looks beautifull
Couple games in , ruby slipper came of
WTF

The backside of those slippers needs too be wet sanded smooth to get tape to stick to it. Its too rough and porous of a surface for tape.

#1554 10 years ago

I just took the existing tape, contact cemented over both sides, and stuck 'em back on. Problem solved.

#1555 10 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

20 away!! If this times out right, it can be delivered to my new house in Pittsburgh!

Where you moving too in Pittsburgh and do you need someone to help play it!!!

#1556 10 years ago

I will pick up mine on friday from MoP and also one regular WOZ for a friend from my area ... so it seems that several games made it over the big pont.

Quoted from robin:

..and I think a lot of Dutch pinheads are going to be happy today, the truck that brought mine held another 10 or so WOZECLE boxes.

IMG_6091.jpeg 180 KB

#1557 10 years ago

Invoice #2491 - according to Jen

"Your game will arrive in final testing next week! Depending on which day it arrives in final will determine whether it will ship late next week or early the week of April 28th"

#1558 10 years ago

I will pick up mine on friday from MoP and also one regular WOZ for a friend from my area ... so it seems that several games made it over the big pont.

Very very cool !

Question .. where was the thread "What to do after arrival" with the hinst for updating, calibrating the coils, etc ...

Quoted from robin:

IMG_6091.jpeg 180 KB

#1559 10 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Question .. where was the thread "What to do after arrival" with the hinst for updating, calibrating the coils, etc ...

Answer: Submit a ticket now for the blown boards.

JUST KIDDING! I'm a proud WOZ owner that went through 3 rough months, but my machine works fine. Make sure you update to 3.0 - after that, the machine will tell you what you need to calibrate while you're playing (not on the screen, you understand, but as a pinball guy you'll know what needs tweaking). You'll do it on an as-needed basis. Enjoy...it's a great machine!

#1560 10 years ago

Seems like games are rolling out now, curious as to whether the newest games have the light boards with the lock-up fix?

#1561 10 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Seems like games are rolling out now, curious as to whether the newest games have the light boards with the lock-up fix?

see previous page, looks like the answer is yes.

Quoted from indypinhead:

My machine is supposed to be one of the 1st off the line with all new LED boards.

#1562 10 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

My machine is supposed to have the re-designed boards.

My WOZECLE shipped today...should see it in a few days.

#1563 10 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I just took the existing tape, contact cemented over both sides, and stuck 'em back on. Problem solved.

How do you change the flipper rubbers? Can you get it over the slippers or with them glued on do you have to pull them from the playfield and go from the bottom or what?

#1564 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

How do you change the flipper rubbers? Can you get it over the slippers or with them glued on do you have to pull them from the playfield and go from the bottom or what?

Its a PITA to get them over the slippers but it can be done. My slippers fell off and I just left them off for that reason. I figured if I used glue on them it would destroy the smooth surface of the tops of the flippers.

#1565 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Haven't had to change them yet. The originals are still working just fine. I'm pretty sure that it'll be a bitch getting new ones over the slippers, but if I have to pry 'em off, I'll pry 'em off. It'll have to be done one day anyway when it's due for a flipper rebuild. I like the slippers, though. Adds character and makes me feel like a real man using them.

#1566 10 years ago

loosen flipper posts take out, lower bands down and off replace, put post back in tighten done

#1567 10 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

My game was, like the most, announced several month ago.
So i mailed to JJP and MoP about the shipping status and around 5 month ago I got the information that the european games will not be shipped due to the problem with the boards. JJP did not make many informations available, so I guess when the problems with the GI came up, Jack decided to wait for a solution before shipping to Europs. That makes sense to me because this machines are far far away and technical support and sending out spareparts becomes much much harder than within the US. But this is only my thoughts. I am looking forward for my machine (one night to go) but the information politic was not very good. But I always believed that my game will show up one day, therefor I never posted contraproductive comments within the net and couldn understand the bashing and trolling from several members.
I also ordered month ago a TH but did not pre-pay until my WOZ arrives. I am rreally looking forward for more JJP pins. Its my first NIB, I never had the feeling to own a new STERN machine but on the WOZ I could not resist.

Cheers
Tom

#1568 10 years ago

Helped unbox a WOZ tonight. Turned it on- NOTHING. Wires weren't hooked up to the on/off switch and the big metal cover over the boards was just laying loose under the playfield.

Don't they even test these things before they box them up and ship them? I guess not.

#1569 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Helped unbox a WOZ tonight. Turned it on- NOTHING. Wires weren't hooked up to the on/off switch and the big metal cover over the boards was just laying loose under the playfield.
Don't they even test these things before they box them up and ship them? I guess not.

Did everything work once you hooked up the wires?

#1570 10 years ago

My friend's WOZLE sn 643 arrived yesterday

DSC07133.JPGDSC07133.JPG

Unboxing went smoothly. Unfortunately no time was left yesterday to update 1.25->3. Something to do today

And have a look at the pin in the background. Must be one of the rarest gamerooms in the world at the moment ..... Unfortunately it is on temporarily basis only

WOZLE Matrix gameroom.jpgWOZLE Matrix gameroom.jpg

#1571 10 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Did everything work once you hooked up the wires?

Yeah, but by then the letdown of waiting three years for a pinball machine that didn't power up, and just a random (or somewhat educated guess) on my part to remove the cover over the switch that was held on by already stripped screws into the wood, was sort of a buzzkill. Plus it was shipped with 1.25 code. This was an original LE pre-ordered by my friends.

#1572 10 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

but really. the point is.. should you have to be doing this on a brand new pin. ?

#1573 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, but by then the letdown of waiting three years for a pinball machine that didn't power up, and just a random (or somewhat educated guess) on my part to remove the cover over the switch that was held on by already stripped screws into the wood, was sort of a buzzkill. Plus it was shipped with 1.25 code. This was an original LE pre-ordered by my friends.

agree. and for me, its not acceptable. seems they are rushing stuff out now, and missing on some QA

#1574 10 years ago

The horror.

#1575 10 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

agree. and for me, its not acceptable. seems they are rushing stuff out now, and missing on some QA

You would think they might have at least plugged it in and turned it on.

#1576 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I put Superbands on mine without an issue, except sore fingers. My slippers are still on and staying strong. If you put Superbands on it is a really good idea to dial back the flipper strength.

#1577 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Plus it was shipped with 1.25 code

How long did your friend have the game before he opened it?

#1578 10 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

We got the WOZ yesterday. It said produced feb 2014 and code was 1.25. Must admit I also found it a bit strange to find such old code but updating is easy so a dont care for me.

#1579 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You would think they might have at least plugged it in and turned it on.

Or more likely the wires fell off during shipping?

The puzzling one to me is the 1.25 code.

#1580 10 years ago

The motherboards and drives are preloaded at the beginning of the build process. It's likely that's what was current at that time. Your "born on" date happens at the end of the build. There were only 3 weeks between 1.25 and 2.0 and the games that went to Europe left before 3.0 was out.

#1581 10 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

Or more likely the wires fell off during shipping?
The puzzling one to me is the 1.25 code.

The puzzling thing to me is how many code updates WOZ has received since its inception and how sophisticated and enjoyable it plays already with the most recently released 3.0 code. Unprecedented.

Considering that even further gameplay and platform code refinements/bug fixes are being implemented as we speak by a most qualified and talented coding team, I don't really understand why some are still arguing here as to whether or not the game should've been shipped with 1.25 or 3.0, or anything in between.

I hear that updating WOZ from the JJP support site via its built-in USB port is well within the elementary technical expertise and know-how of most pinheads, and if not, Alex is there to hold your hands. I think it's really is a non-issue. Thank you JJP, and please keep those updates coming.

It's disconcerting to fathom that (like its competition) JJP could've easily shipped all WOZ'es with an earlier code and left it that, lol.

#1582 10 years ago
Quoted from pins4fun:

The puzzling thing to me is how many code updates WOZ has received since its inception and how sophisticated and enjoyable it plays already with the most recently released 3.0 code. Unprecedented.
Considering that even further gameplay and platform code refinements/bug fixes are being implemented as we speak by a most qualified and talented coding team, I don't really understand why some are still arguing here as to whether or not the game should've been shipped with 1.25 or 3.0, or anything in between.
I hear that updating WOZ from the JJP support site via its built-in USB port is well within the elementary technical expertise and know-how of most pinheads, and if not, Alex is there to hold your hands. I think it's really is a non-issue. Thank you JJP, and please keep those updates coming.
It's disconcerting to fathom that (like its competition) JJP could've easily shipped all WOZ'es with an earlier code and left it that, lol.

Does this guy know how to party or what?

#1583 10 years ago
Quoted from pins4fun:

Agreed. This is how practically any software based product works these days. If I go to the store and buy a copy of Skyrim and bring it home, I will have to download a bunch of patches right away to bring it up to date. The same can be said for any other modern game. Day 1 patches are the norm these days. Just the way it is.

In the case of WOZ (or any other pin for that matter), I would rather they ship the game to me when it is physically ready and I can then update the software on my own after it has arrived at my home.

Would you really want them to keep a game that is ready to ship sitting around for a couple extra weeks so they can load a newer version of the software on it for you? Some may say yes, but I sure as heck wouldn't.

On a related note. Nice to see a lot of people getting their games as of late. Wonderful to see!

#1584 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

On a related note. Nice to see a lot of people getting their games as of late. Wonderful to see!

Yeap!

#1585 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Agreed. This is how practically any software based product works these days. If I go to the store and buy a copy of Skyrim and bring it home, I will have to download a bunch of patches right away to bring it up to date. The same can be said for any other modern game. Day 1 patches are the norm these days. Just the way it is.
In the case of WOZ (or any other pin for that matter), I would rather they ship the game to me when it is physically ready and I can then update the software on my own after it has arrived at my home.
Would you really want them to keep a game that is ready to ship sitting around for a couple extra weeks so they can load a newer version of the software on it for you? Some may say yes, but I sure as heck wouldn't.

Exactly. The update process (delta) is quick and painless. From start to finish including downloads is less than 10 mins. Excluding downloads less than 2 mins.

#1586 10 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

1 hour.

#1587 10 years ago

I was told our RRWOZ would ship July or August...we will see.

I would HOPE it would come with the most up to date code.

Im thinking (wishfully) that RRWOZ would be the final version, with final software, out of the box.

#1588 10 years ago

Why did he wait so long

#1589 10 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Why did he wait so long

We were thirsty.

#1590 10 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I was told our RRWOZ would ship July or August...we will see.
I would HOPE it would come with the most up to date code.
Im thinking (wishfully) that RRWOZ would be the final version, with final software, out of the box.

HOPEFULLY NOT ... it would be nicer to get meanwhile some other updates with many many new features

#1591 10 years ago

A small update on the WoZ that was delivered to my friends the other night. When we went to pick it up, the number on the box was not the number they had ordered. Although it was in the 700s, it was off by six numbers. The distributer told him that if he wanted to wait another six to eight months they would be able to get the one they ordered. The certificate in the machine said it was in the 300s. So there is a mystery there.

I still don't understand how wires that are snapped on connectors and a large metal plate that is securely held in place by screws and a strap can come off during shipping. But I'm sure someone has an answer.

#1592 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A small update on the WoZ that was delivered to my friends the other night. When we went to pick it up, the number on the box was not the number they had ordered. Although it was in the 700s, it was off by six numbers. The distributer told him that if he wanted to wait another six to eight months they would be able to get the one they ordered. The certificate in the machine said it was in the 300s. So there is a mystery there.
I still don't understand how wires that are snapped on connectors and a large metal plate that is securely held in place by screws and a strap can come off during shipping. But I'm sure someone has an answer.

That gets filed under "Highest quality". Maybe sprinkle in some "Best built" as well.....

#1593 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That sounds like distributor shenanigans to me.

#1594 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

# thing is annoying, maybe just ask for a new wood apron or the card that says the correct#? (along with the cert?) i believe those are the only visible places it shows.

connector could have been loose, then shipping vibration finished the job? (many possibilities)

the PC case cover is held on by thumb screws, my guess, is that it was on but not tightened, and then came off during shipping.

I assume after re-connecting the loose wire and placing the PC case back on and tightening that your friends game works?

Yes, annoying, i get it, i'd like to see better QC on their first game, and I assume they will adjust... but what answer are you looking for here?

#1595 10 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I assume after re-connecting the loose wire and placing the PC case back on and tightening that your friends game works?

Yes. But for some reason with the early card number, a couple of nicks on the cabinet, the loose items in the cabinet, is it possible that this may have been delivered, worked on, returned, and re-boxed?

#1596 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes. But for some reason with the early card number, a couple of nicks on the cabinet, the loose items in the cabinet, is it possible that this may have been delivered, worked on, returned, and re-boxed?

Which distributor was this?

#1597 10 years ago

QC supervisor needed?

#1598 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Which distributor was this?

I'm not naming names or numbers, because I'm not sure how my friends are going to handle this now that the game is up and running. Just looking for a why.

#1599 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Depends on where the nick's are (ex: behind foam where shipping couldnt do it, etc) i highly doubt we'd be talking returned to JJP, but regardless, something seems wonky with the dist in this case.

I'd have your buddy take pics of the nicks and then email jack himself as well as the dist and get it all cleared up.

#1600 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I put Superbands on mine without an issue, except sore fingers. My slippers are still on and staying strong. If you put Superbands on it is a really good idea to dial back the flipper strength.

Ditto.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 91.00
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 57.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-ship-update-for-woz-last-person-to-get-their-woz-post-order-date-please/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.