Topic Stats

• 2,818 posts
  • 314 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 223 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Happy_Ending.jpg
party-cat-party-time.jpg
WTF2.png
youareawesome.jpg
Excited1.jpg
Celebrate25.gif
celebrate26.gif
Celebrate24.gif
Celebrate22.jpg
Celebrate23.jpg
Celebrate21.gif
Celebrate19.gif
Celebrate20.gif
Celebrate18.gif
Celebrate17.jpg
the-psychiatrist-is-in.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 2818 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 57.
#101 6 years ago

JJp is still filling day 2 orders?

At this rate, I'll never get mine.

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm a June 2011 order, I'll have to be buried in mine since I'll be dead by the time it arrives.

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I've heard of people who ordered towards the end of January getting their games.

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I've heard of people who ordered towards the end of January getting their games.

It seems to be all over the map right now (for January orders anyway). Which is... Odd.

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

No I talked to Jen 2 days ago and she said my 1/26/11
Game should be on the line late next week.
All you WOZERS in waiting... keep calm and eat a snickers.

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

It seems to be all over the map right now (for January orders anyway). Which is... Odd.

I know someone mentioned a while back that dates could be skewed if a a buyer combines shipping with a later date order. That may be why we see some 1/10 and 1/23 orders being shipped out around the same time. I just hope I get my game next month as I don't know how many more times I can watch the same gameplay videos on YouTube lol.

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Awesome! What is your invoice number? I would think we will start getting through the order dates quicker now as purchases are likely more spread out for Feb, March and onward as opposed to January where there were a ton of orders.

#108 6 years ago

It's still pretty sad they're not even to the February orders though.
So frustrating, but I keep hanging on... I really hope I get mine by Christmas...preferably Thanksgiving.

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Awesome! What is your invoice number? I would think we will start getting through the order dates quicker now as purchases are likely more spread out for Feb, March and onward as opposed to January where there were a ton of orders.

From memory I'm in the 2120 invoice range

#110 6 years ago

Thanks! Jen told me a few weeks ago that I should get my game in September and I'm invoice 2252, 132 spots ahead of 2120. With JJP cranking out around 180 LE's by the end of August I have my fingers crossed that if the pace remains around the same for September that I'll get my game next month.

#111 6 years ago

If I didn't think it would make me depressed, I'd look up my invoice number.

#112 6 years ago

If it is any consolation, now that I have one ...it is cool and I am enjoying it, but code is not finished and it shows

#113 6 years ago

Sounds right. I ordered 1-30-11 and my invoice # is 2129. Still skeptical whether I'll see my game in September tho. Hey, at least they should have a few more minor bugs ironed out before they make my game!

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBear:

If it is any consolation, now that I have one ...it is cool and I am enjoying it, but code is not finished and it shows

One of the real possible advantages of WOZ is the code may NEVER be finished. Of course it's up to JJP but wouldn't it be nice if the code was updated every month or even every year. You could know your game inside and out after years of play but then JJP could add new levels to make it all "new" again.

#115 6 years ago

Your saying his game has an advantage because the code is still unfinished?? C'mon!

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

One of the real possible advantages of WOZ is the code may NEVER be finished. Of course it's up to JJP but wouldn't it be nice if the code was updated every month or even every year. You could know your game inside and out after years of play but then JJP could add new levels to make it all "new" again.

And this would cost JJP what?

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Of course it's up to JJP but wouldn't it be nice if the code was updated every month or even every year. You could know your game inside and out after years of play but then JJP could add new levels to make it all "new" again.

I expect this to be the case with JJP, the possibilities with the LCD and modes are endless and could truly turn pinball into a new experience......mode updates every quarter or so would keep the production lines rolling I would think

#118 6 years ago

I'm surprised these guys haven't figured out a way to create a future revenue stream with "major software updates" to create a whole new gaming experience.....

$250 for "Woz 3" or "Woz 4".....will all the $$$ that gets spent on mods......

#119 6 years ago

Don't put ideas like that out there....

#120 6 years ago

I ordered 2/22/11 and invoice number is 2169
so between 1/30 and 2/22 there were only 40 games ordered.
Pace should start picking up soon I would hope. It's always "next month".

D

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Don't put ideas like that out there....

Agree. For $7.5k the game should include complete code at some point and be as complete, if not more, as other greats such as MM, LOTR and TSPP.

#122 6 years ago

I am invoice 2395 and I ordered on 5/11/2011. So between 2/22 and 5/11, there were 226 games ordered. Its obvious that a fair amount of games were ordered within the first few days.

I know that invoice 2086 was shipped this week.

#123 6 years ago

I am invoice 2223 and ordered on 3/11/11. Remember that this is an invoice # and that multiple machines could be ordered on a single invoice.

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm surprised these guys haven't figured out a way to create a future revenue stream with "major software updates" to create a whole new gaming experience.....

$250 for "Woz 3" or "Woz 4".....will all the $$$ that gets spent on mods......

Iv'e been thinking the same thing. Great idea! It's like all those DLCs on the xbox. Big money being made there.
Pappy

#125 6 years ago

I can't find my invoice number because all the quickbooks links are over six months (and two years) old. I ordered Jan 25th, 2011 and they said it should ship by Sept 16 at 'the latest'. The year was not specified, but I'm over another impatient hump and am ok with more updates/improvements.

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Iv'e been thinking the same thing. Great idea! It's like all those DLCs on the xbox. Big money being made there.
Pappy

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

#127 6 years ago

Pappy

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssss......what does "complete" code mean...for $7500 call a certain version "complete" and then create more substantial updates for pay, if the possibilities are endless as Jack says, you get a "complete" pin by any standard and then change/add code and modes, all kinds of stuff.....after about 2 or 3k plays I'd pay for another variation!

I'm right in front at #2167, so based on current production should be coming around the corner within the next two weeks

#128 6 years ago

I ordered on 5/13 . I emailed Jen this week asking if my mid to end summer ship date was still on schedule and I got a reply of no it is probably looking more like late October possibly November. It seems like everytime I email to find out if my machine is still on schedule it always seems to get bump another month or two. I ordered in May and now being told November. Can you image how the guys feel that ordered in 2012 or later. Well I guess it could be worse. Could be part of that whole Australia mess.

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Why not? It seems like a great way to increase renew/increase interest in a game. We all love getting code updates right? Well this would be better with added modes or quests. I just don't know if it would be feasible for Stern or JJP.

pappy

#130 6 years ago

Well this would be better with added modes or quests. I just don't know if it would be feasible for Stern or JJP.

Should totally be feasible, especially with the LCD updates, the $$$ is there as a revenue stream to make it happen and you should be able to switch between "quests" that you want to play.....

If Woz will start out with the deepest ruleset ever, per Keith, then call that ruleset done in whatever form and then what better way to create new excitement all over again with new rules to play and other "quests"......

#131 6 years ago

The invoice numbers are not all game orders. Some are for invisiglass, translites, etc.

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssss......what does "complete" code mean...for $7500 call a certain version "complete" and then create more substantial updates for pay, if the possibilities are endless as Jack says, you get a "complete" pin by any standard and then change/add code and modes, all kinds of stuff.....after about 2 or 3k plays I'd pay for another variation!
I'm right in front at #2167, so based on current production should be coming around the corner within the next two weeks

I'm just worried that if this model was ever implemented code could be held back to release as paid DLC just like some video games companies do with there own DLC.

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Your saying his game has an advantage because the code is still unfinished?? C'mon!

Noooo, I'm saying we all deserve a "finished" code but whereas my DRAC was finished in something like 1992 it was never updated. WOZ has the potential to have more levels added to it over the years - a secret "monkey level" could be added 10 years after introduction for example. JJP could sell the update for a reasonable amount and you buy it if you want. A "Monkey level" with some kick ass Pink Floyd music really tweaks my interest.

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

I can't find my invoice number because all the quickbooks links are over six months (and two years) old. I ordered Jan 25th, 2011 and they said it should ship by Sept 16 at 'the latest'. The year was not specified, but I'm over another impatient hump and am ok with more updates/improvements.

Didn't you get a pdf attachment at some point? Those don't disappear.

Quoted from DCFAN:

The invoice numbers are not all game orders. Some are for invisiglass, translites, etc.

Yeah, but for the first several months or more, there was no Invisiglass, no translites being sold (or even designed yet), etc. It was all WOZ games.

#135 6 years ago

Wonder If i can order one directly off jack to be shipped to Australia hassle free?

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Wonder If i can order one directly off jack to be shipped to Australia hassle free?

haha not a chance........by the time Australia gets it woz would be old news and ain't worth playing.

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

haha not a chance........by the time Australia gets it woz would be old news and ain't worth playing.

So MM is not worth playing either?

#138 6 years ago

What is "finished code"?................

Once you define that, charge for additional "code" on top of that......

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

So MM is not worth playing either?

Depends who you talk to.

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Didn't you get a pdf attachment at some point? Those don't disappear.

Nope. Looking at my old emails, you had to click a specific link in the email via Quickbooks to receive future invoices as PDFs. Since the Quickbooks link worked for me, I never used the other link, and now the QB link has expired. I looked through dozens of emails from that period and no dice.

HOWEVER, I did sign up for some shipping excel document someone put together years ago and my invoice number is still on that! Invoice #2116... According to Concretehardts estimate, I'm ahead of him, so my game should be on the line this week?

#141 6 years ago

ALSO, regarding the DLC options. Obviously, I'd like a complete game for $6500, but I do like the idea of possibly Keith charging for DLC down the line. Like a way of paying him specifically for adding true 'additional' content to the game. Not $200 or anything, but I'd give him $50 to flesh out CSI a bit, as an example.

Additional quests, menu options, etc. down the line could be cool, but videogame DLC is a gotdamned trainwreck. Also, paying $10 for 2 hours of content isn't awful for a $60 videogame, but there are millions of potential sales. With a pin, you're looking at ballpark estimates closer to 5k-7k units. I'd rather pay Keith on an hourly scale, say it takes him 20 hours of work at $60 an hour, it would only take two dozen of us at $50 to 'pay him back'. There are over 100 WOZ 'owners' on Pinside, so you could cut that in half/a fourth to $10-$25, or Keith would end up with that much extra bank (either way would be ok, I'm not debating the quality of his work. AND this is all just an example). Also, I found my old ACT results today and my lowest marks were mathematics, so maybe I'm boning this whole example.

#142 6 years ago

#143 6 years ago

So it will ship on? 10-28-13

By then you might need a snickers as well.

#144 6 years ago

Ordered 1/21/11 received 8/30/13. Shipped on Monday from JJP and received in San Diego on Friday.

#145 6 years ago

Radom question, if the early LE orders aren't filled yet, how come there are standard editions for sale second hand?

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What is "finished code"?................
Once you define that, charge for additional "code" on top of that......

The real potential beauty of WOZ is , because of the platform, never has to be really "finished" but new levels can be added easily for a charge (programmers have to be paid, after all). In previous era machines you'd have to rechip to get even minor changes (like the "Carpet Muncher" Southpark)
That said we should receive out of the box a reliable exciting machine with great GI etc. Downloads should be free to fix the bugs and improve existing levels. Optional downloads for new levels would be available for a price - giving new life into your 5 year old WOZ. In that sense, a game that is never "finished" is indeed an advantage.

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

I was joking! There is no hope in hell I would even consider the HUGE risk in obtaining this machine.

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

Radom question, if the early LE orders aren't filled yet, how come there are standard editions for sale second hand?

Many early orders were to distributors, so they got their games and sold them.

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

Many early orders were to distributors, so they got their games and sold them.

Why would very early order disto's order regular editions? not LE's?
The LE's were only 6.5K at the time...

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Why would very early order disto's order regular editions? not LE's?
The LE's were only 6.5K at the time...

Lol! Spin Cycle on full speed please.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 13.00
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
There are 2818 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 57.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside