Celebrate23.jpg
Celebrate21.gif
Celebrate19.gif
Celebrate20.gif
Celebrate18.gif
Celebrate17.jpg
the-psychiatrist-is-in.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 2,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 57.
#1101 10 years ago

Pen, that looks a lot like the back door to Abel Electronics.

#1102 10 years ago

Interesting on the warranty bit.............

Met Gary with Abel, very nice gentleman.

#1103 10 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Pen, that looks a lot like the back door to Abel Electronics.

Yup! It sure does. Eric picked up his this afternoon too.

#1104 10 years ago

Happy for all of my Michigan buddies who got their machines today. Wish mine was in there (May 2011 order) but it just wasn't meant to be...

#1105 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Sorry, you must have me confused with someone else. Here, let me help:
Buddy is your distributor.
I'm the guy that cancelled multiple pre-orders when you lied directly to my face about having parts that I knew from Terry hadn't even been shipped to you yet!
Is this the same reason YOUR tech support gave me a WILLIAMS part number and told me to buy a replacement from Pinball Life when my part failed? Nice warranty.
Post edited by MrDo : Edited: Tech support to warranty

How did your part fail if you cancelled multiple pre-orders?

#1106 10 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

How did your part fail if you cancelled multiple pre-orders?

Seriously?

Pre-ordering is not the only way to get a WOZ.

#1107 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Seriously?
Pre-ordering is not the only way to get a WOZ.

If it wasn't a preorder, it had to be used or through a distributor. That person is whom you should go to for support, not Jack (pinballsales).

#1108 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

If it wasn't a preorder, it had to be used or through a distributor. That person is whom you should go to for support, not Jack (pinballsales).

This is not really true. At any rate maybe MrDo can start a thread on the topic instead of posting in this thread...More like MrDon't.

#1109 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

This is not really true.

Well, should go there first I mean. Jack did say he'd support any game right now due to the teething difficulties.

#1110 10 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

holy moly that was a huge update....it must of played like an EM before this update....

Nope, it actually plays great WITHOUT this update installed. 2.0 will simply make it that much better!
Scott

#1111 10 years ago

Topic, last person to get there WOZ so we can track delivery status.

#1112 10 years ago

What? A moderator who is trying to keep a long drawn out thread on track! I thought moderators were experienced long term experienced pinside members!

#1113 10 years ago

Another person got their WOZECLE. The game was picked up directly at the factory:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=737112829640649&set=a.667070013311598.1073741834.188992294452708&type=1&theater

#1114 10 years ago

That's what I like to hear. I sure hope the 90 day intent on getting the last WOZECLE's out is still the target. Should be what....45 days or so by now?

#1115 10 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

That's what I like to hear. I sure hope the 90 day intent on getting the last WOZECLE's out is still the target.

Given the crickets in this thread I'm kinda doubting it, aren't you?

#1116 10 years ago

Yeah, but my glass is still half full

#1117 10 years ago

Picked mine up last Friday. I bought through Seacoast Amusement (Tom) out of NH. Great guy to deal with and great customer support. Sorry, but I don't know his invoice number. I think he ordered in May or June.

Spent about 3 hours putting the Cliffy's on (didn't buy the rollover protectors though). The castle VUK was the most difficult, but Cliffy's web site has a really nice pdf walking you through it. The rest were pretty easy, including the Munchkinland playfield removal. I've seen some people say you need to remove the flipper, but you only need to remove the rubber.

It was a long wait, but it's all worth it now. What a fantastic pin. Several minor issues were resolved immediately by Lloyd (thanks... do you ever sleep?). Plays perfect. Such a challenging and fun pin. It's going to take me a long time to learn everything and that's not considering what 2.0 has in store!

For anyone on the fence about getting one, do yourself a favor and pick one up. You won't regret it.

#1118 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not sure how much that means. I am the only person to post about getting my game on friday. Able Electronics had 14 games when I picked mine up.

#1119 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I spoke to several people this past weekend who just got their LE's. Games are being built and delivered. It's also nice that 2.0 is right around the corner too.

#1120 10 years ago

Yep, the small truckload to Michigan was posted a week or two ago.

#1121 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I spoke to several people this past weekend who just got their LE's. Games are being built and delivered.

I'm delighted to hear it. Given the track record and pace JJP has had up until this point you won't see me laying down any $50 bets that they'll make it within that 90 day window though. Be happy to be wrong, I want people to have their games.

#1122 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm delighted to hear it. Given the track record and pace JJP has had up until this point you won't see me laying down any $50 bets that they'll make it within that 90 day window though. Be happy to be wrong, I want people to have their games.

Remember there is an "ish" at the end of those 90 days.

#1123 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Yep, the small truckload to Michigan was posted a week or two ago.

Wrong. The truck load arrived on Friday, unless you referencing the one before it.

#1124 10 years ago

Several Michigan guys got theirs on Friday. I think around 14 were dropped off at Abel.

1 week later
#1125 10 years ago

Any you chickens heard a peep lately?

#1126 10 years ago

Nope. Still waiting.

#1127 10 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Any you chickens heard a peep lately?

Nothing. I am May 2011 order.

#1128 10 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Several Michigan guys got theirs on Friday. I think around 14 were dropped off at Abel.

Im sure its been WAY more than 14 shipped in the last 2 months....

"Courtesy of the WOZ owners group (1/13/14).
Jack Speaks:
"We would expect to see every remaining LE game out of here in 90 days "ish" "

It's about halfway through that 90-days-- so likely hundreds have gone out since...

#1129 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

It's about halfway through that 90-days-- so likely hundreds have gone out since...

I have my doubts on that issue.

Still waiting...June 2011 order here.

#1130 10 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I have my doubts on that issue.
Still waiting...June 2011 order here.

My latest update for a Feb. 2012 ECLE order is an early May delivery.
It still does not seem that JJP have picked up production back to the levels they had back in September and early October. Why is it so hard to make 50 games a week at least? It has been about 11 months since production started.

#1131 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Why is it so hard to make 50 games a week at least.

Could it be as simple as making way less than 50 games a week? Simple math says 50 games a week are not being currently produced.

#1132 10 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Could it be as simple as making way less than 50 games a week? Simple math says 50 games a week are not being currently produced.

That is why I am asking why is it so hard. They obviously have not been able to do 50 a week, at least not very often.

#1133 10 years ago

I am hoping that they are doing everything but installing light boards until those problems are sorted.

#1134 10 years ago

Sounds like he is out of cabinets again. That sucks...

#1136 10 years ago

June order 2011 also. Maybe First part of April is the update i got. I did not ask why......

#1137 10 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

sadpanda.jpg 28 KB

Both JJP and Stern make me sad.

#1138 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

My latest update for a Feb. 2012 ECLE order is an early May delivery.
It still does not seem that JJP have picked up production back to the levels they had back in September and early October. Why is it so hard to make 50 games a week at least? It has been about 11 months since production started.

If your Feb 2012 order is now "promised" for early May, I guess I am looking at July or August for my May 2012 order.

That's quite different than the emails I have with November and January/February dates/promises/commitments, and it's a lot different than the 90 days-ish from Jack a mere 6 weeks ago.

Missing 90 days-ish by 90 days-ish is like three-putting from a foot.

What a cluster.

#1140 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

If your Feb 2012 order is now "promised" for early May, I guess I am looking at July or August for my May 2012 order.
That's quite different than the emails I have with November and January/February dates/promises/commitments, and it's a lot different than the 90 days-ish from Jack a mere 6 weeks ago.
What a cluster.

Disagree.

More like a 4 putt!

#1141 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

What a cluster.

How many have been actually logged here? 2-3 since back in Dec 2013?

Its beyond comprehension that a business owner could be THIS OFF with understanding their own production.... I mean hell- its not like they have 500 products- they have ONE.

I guarantee if Jack was dealing with new paying customers (not those whose funds he banked years ago) these shenanigans would not be tolerated....

I firmly believe now its all bullshit purely intended to keep the prepayers from a "run on the bank" and the resulting insolvency that might create.

#1142 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

How many have been actually logged here? 2-3 since back in Dec 2013?
Its beyond comprehension that a business owner could be THIS OFF with understanding their own production.... I mean hell- its not like they have 500 products- they have ONE.
I guarantee if Jack was dealing with new paying customers (not those whose funds he banked years ago) these shenanigans would not be tolerated....
I firmly believe now its all bullshit purely intended to keep the prepayers from a "run on the bank" and the resulting insolvency that might create.

My guess is that he is waiting for the LED light fix to be finalized before shipping to many more games. I am guessing it is going to be a hardware fix therefore cutting the expense of replacing parts on shipped games.

How nice would it be if Jack just came out and told all of us WTF is happening and a realistic guess on the time line.

#1143 10 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

My guess is that he is waiting for the LED light fix to be finalized before shipping to many more games. I am guessing it is going to be a hardware fix therefore cutting the expense of replacing parts on shipped games.
How nice would it be if Jack just came out and told all of us WTF is happening and a realistic guess on the time line.

Could someone explain what is wrong with the LEDs that needs to be fixed now? My build date is 2-14-2014, all LEDs are perfect.

I have not had any issues nor heard of any with the current power supply/ 7.5 light board set up.

#1144 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Could someone explain what is wrong with the LEDs that needs to be fixed now? My build date is 2-14-2014, all LEDs are perfect.

From the info and guesses I have read about, it seems likely that they are getting electrical noise that is causing the processor to lose constant communication with the LEDs and then the LEDs freeze. It also may be that the electrical noise is also affecting other components as I have read some have had other coils shut off right before the LEDs lock up. It could be as simple as ground problems but more likely is high frequency noise that can be filtered out.
I have seen electrical circuits (not pinball related) in communications systems be very sensitive to grounding. Even when you think you have a common ground potential between two points sometimes you have to literally tie them together directly to get the circuit to function correctly.

#1145 10 years ago

There are hundreds of these machines out there. If this LED problem was that prevalent, wouldn't there be a mass uproar going on? I know earlier machines had issues, but I still don't get the "every machine out there is bad mode"? Where are people getting their facts from? Yes I read/hear about LED issues on Pinside, but this hardly represents the vast number of machines that are out in the wild.

My "guess" is that you are looking at supply chain constraints. Maybe it is updated boards, or maybe it is the cabinets again. Either way I don't think we can jump to any conclusions that there is a major design flaw that does not have a solution yet. There are some very bright people at JJP. They are more than capable of nailing such a situation and I think they would have done that many months ago.

And yes, I am affected by this delay as well. Frankly I am still ok with it. I (and I guess a diminishing group) still have faith and am very excited about getting my machine. Even if it is summer time by the time it actually happens.

#1146 10 years ago

Lots of "guesses" (excuses?) have been made over the last couple of years......Entertaining to say the least.

#1147 10 years ago

While I agree that there are some very bright people at JJP, there seems to be some that are not very bright as well.

#1148 10 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

I know earlier machines had issues

I don't know. I have a relatively early machine with 5 volt boards, and I haven't had a single board go out. Ironically, however, an LED board on my STLE went bad within a couple of days. Hard to say what's going on.

#1149 10 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Nothing. I am May 2011 order.

#1150 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

While I agree that there are some very bright people at JJP, there seems to be some that are not very bright as well.

the not so bright people are known as general illumination! Every time I see this thread "bumped" i cross my fingers that someone actually posts they got there game and mine is one closer...dissappointed again! Please Jack ship some green games!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 91.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 57.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-ship-update-for-woz-last-person-to-get-their-woz-post-order-date-please/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.