Celebrate23.jpg
Celebrate21.gif
Celebrate19.gif
Celebrate20.gif
Celebrate18.gif
Celebrate17.jpg
the-psychiatrist-is-in.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 2,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 57.
#751 10 years ago

They shipped containers of WOZ to Australia in late November and December so the numbers don't mean much. It appears that the rate of deliveries for pre-orders could accelerate at any time depending on what is the priority.
Hopefully they will finish the LE's by the end of March so we can get off this waiting train.

#752 10 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I don't think 2438 has shipped or it is a typo. I am 2395 and I have not received notice yet.

It might have not been accurate, but it was reported here:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-ship-update-for-woz-last-person-to-get-their-woz-post-order-date-please/page/13#post-1288925

If you eliminate that point, the trend looks even more grim. If nothing else, you can see that the invoice numbers are not proceeding in strictly sequential order.

Quoted from DCFAN:

Hopefully they will finish the LE's by the end of March so we can get off this waiting train.

Agreed. It is painful to watch.

#753 10 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's actually pretty cool, nerd! Nice work, but it's a little scary...does that mean that they're building tons for distributors and only small amounts for people who bought directly from them? Food for thought...

That would be my guess.

I know Jack denies it, but I seriously believe he's being less than truthful.

#754 10 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

the shipping rate currenty is around 200/month they say

I straight up do not believe that. Not when people who were repeatedly promised games by Xmas then get told their machine is going to be delayed "three to six months" instead in December. That's 600-1200 games later by that build schedule. Yeah, no. It doesn't add up.

#755 10 years ago
Quoted from herg:

OK, I'm about to out myself as a total nerd.

Big Thumb ups ! You made my day ! Someone is "nerder" than I am here (I might have done the same, but I was too lazy )

And the best part is that it is actually useful...

#756 10 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

And the best part is that it is actually useful...

Maybe... maybe not. To the best of my knowledge, the data points are all real, but I am not trying to make any claims based on them. It's just a curiosity.

#757 10 years ago

Why don't you just call JJP and get some real shipping dates and real answers?
You guys have been letting them jerk you around for WAY too long. You investors/supporters who made JJP possible should be treated with honesty.
Disclaimer: I recently bailed on my preorder. I can't invest in a company with this style of business practices.

#758 10 years ago

Are you figuring in people that got their games through distributors? I received mine in August, build date of July 18th, but never had an invoice number from JJP. Mine was a standard but I'm sure not every LE was ordered from JJP.

#759 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Are you figuring in people that got their games through distributors? I received mine in August, build date of July 18th, but never had an invoice number from JJP. Mine was a standard but I'm sure not every LE was ordered from JJP.

Not all were. I know that Abel Electronics had (still may have some) many LE's on order for customers. It sounds like most of those have been delivered to customers.

#760 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Are you figuring in people that got their games through distributors?

If this was directed toward me, the answer is no. Just invoice numbers vs dates as reported in this thread. Like I said, it might not be of any value and it was more to satisfy my curiosity.

#761 10 years ago

If a distributor orderers a dozen games at the same time, pays for them at the same time and gets delivery somewhere around the same time, would that all appear on a single invoice? I don't know but I am guessing it would. That would really throw off the idea of expected delivery date due to invoice number.

#762 10 years ago
Quoted from herg:

If this was directed toward me, the answer is no. Just invoice numbers vs dates as reported in this thread. Like I said, it might not be of any value and it was more to satisfy my curiosity.

No one in particular. I was just curious.

#763 10 years ago

Invoice number has nothing to do with delivery as orders of multiples get a single invoice, sheets of invisiglass get an invoice, and every other thing jack sells in the vending/gaming world gets an invoice. It's not an accurate yard stick for anything.

#764 10 years ago

I am invoice 2411, 6/11, and was told yesterday, Jan. 6th that my machine was slated for late jan/feb.
Your trend line is already off/delayed for some reason.

#765 10 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

I am invoice 2411, 6/11, and was told yesterday, Jan. 6th that my machine was slated for late jan/feb.
Your trend line is already off/delayed for some reason.

For the reasons others have mentioned, it will never be very accurate, nor was it really intended to be. The more points that fall above the trend line, however, are a good sign that people will be getting their games sooner.

#766 10 years ago

Invoice numbers do have a little something to do with when you get your machine but correct they can only be used to talk in the most general terms. Like it or not it's all we have to go by and you CAN say in general terms WOZLE #2337 will be built before #2347. It's looking more like the end of the WOZLE line is April instead of March as I'd hoped for previously. I'd guess they had a nice Christmas/New Years vacation which slowed things some.

#767 10 years ago

I am invoice 3288, 12/4 and was told on the 6th as well late Feb. / March.

#768 10 years ago

My guess is that JJP is trying to get all of the ECLE's out to customers before the 04/19/14 One year anniversary of when the first games went into production.

#769 10 years ago

My guess is he is trying to get them out as quickly as he can.

#770 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

My guess is he is trying to get them out as quickly as he can.

It depends on what you mean by "them" exactly.

#771 10 years ago

Them= any recent standard sales that bring new cash in over older LE sales.

#772 10 years ago
Quoted from herg:

For the reasons others have mentioned, it will never be very accurate, nor was it really intended to be. The more points that fall above the trend line, however, are a good sign that people will be getting their games sooner.

Hey Nerd Herg!

(I mean that in a good way)

Based on your analysis, what is your prognostication for invoice 2842?

#773 10 years ago

Hopefully after #2725.....Hi Joe, how the heck are you?

John

#774 10 years ago
Quoted from John-from-PA:

Hopefully after #2725.....Hi Joe, how the heck are you?
John

Happy New Year, John!

Hey did you get the car painted or is that a new one?

I'm good, moved to the beach. It was cold yesterday; I even had to wear long pants!

#775 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

Hey Nerd Herg!
(I mean that in a good way)
Based on your analysis, what is your prognostication for invoice 2842?

This is just a guess, but I wouldn't be making plans to play it at Easter.

Please, please, don't take this as any kind of official estimate. The projection says mid-June, but I'm hoping that you guys get them before then. If orders of games slowed down in relation to other JJP orders that late in the ordering (which is likely), the graph should take an upward turn toward the end.

#776 10 years ago
Quoted from herg:

This is just a guess, but I wouldn't be making plans to play it at Easter.
Please, please, don't take this as any kind of official estimate. The projection says mid-June, but I'm hoping that you guys get them before then. If orders of games slowed down in relation to other JJP orders that late in the ordering (which is likely), the graph should take an upward turn toward the end.

Thanks for the update.

#777 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

Happy New Year, John!
Hey did you get the car painted or is that a new one?
I'm good, moved to the beach. It was cold yesterday; I even had to wear long pants!

C'mon your killling me! I hope the view is fantastic and all is well. I think I set up my account at work and that was a picture of a car I wanted my father to buy. I think you may have seen my first one though - orange - as now I have one that most consider an obnoxious green! The things bigger blocks make you do.....

Happy New Year Joe. I would definitely count on your game earlier than June. What date did you order? I think I was January 2012 and expect mine in March.

#778 10 years ago

It is sounding like ALL LE's will be done in the May timeframe. I am in that last batch and before ya know it, we can close this thread The unknowns seem to be worked through now. I also sounds like they have a sound process going. This all takes time folks.

I am fine with the wait......but looking forward to getting the machine!

#779 10 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

It is sounding like ALL LE's will be done in the May

How do you figure? Jen told me March about a month ago and my invoice was 3/12.

#780 10 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

6/19/11 order not filled. I think some more time needs to be added to JJP estimates.

#781 10 years ago

At this point and long before, Jack really needs to be a WHOLE lot more transparent with what is going on and a WHOLE lot more transparent with where exact production timelines are.

It really is getting ridiculous reading this stuff over and over again about "call Jen and see where you at" and again and again the timeline isn't met and no explanations as to why.

If people could just get realistic info every week that would help tremendously, with explanations on any delays.

When you take pre payments you have to be a WHOLE lot more forthcoming imo.

#782 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

At this point and long before, Jack really needs to be a WHOLE lot more transparent with what is going on and a WHOLE lot more transparent with where exact production timelines are.
It really is getting ridiculous reading this stuff over and over again about "call Jen and see where you at" and again and again the timeline isn't met and no explanations as to why.
If people could just get realistic info every week that would help tremendously, with explanations on any delays.

holy smokes ice! i can't believe it! you of all people saying this

#783 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

iceman44,

I agree.

I posted this his reply to zippy on the JJP forum, in hopes of hearing something from Jack:
I agree zippy,

I complained a couple months ago about the silence. Jack finally chimed in saying, basically, he's back, and plans to communicate better from that point on....or something along those lines.

Immediately after that, Jack went "back into hiding".

We're getting the silent treatment once again.

When I bought into JJP and WOZ, times were a lot different than they are now.

There was continuous communication back then which, in my opinion, made it very exciting to be a part of this "adventure".

But now, with all of the silence, we're back to where we were just a few months ago. All of this silence just make those of us without our machines worry.

I really think Jack could learn a thing or two from Rick at Planetary pinball. I know that the Medieval Madness remake is still in its' infancy, but Rick seems to be doing a great job keeping everyone informed about the progress being made at Planetary.

Once again, I was VERY excited, in the beginning, when there was so much being discussed about JJP and WOZ.

Now, this silence just makes me wonder if I had made the right decision to "get on board this train".

Jack's response:

I'm here and around.

We are in the building today working

I can't read these threads all the time though///

Well, as usual, no direct answers.

But at least Jack is still "around"....

#784 10 years ago
Quoted from vex:

holy smokes ice! i can't believe it! you of all people saying this

I may be a kool aid drinker but I'm not a total idiot (sometimes maybe!).

Even though I have mine it drives me nuts when good people like DC and others don't have their pins without explanation or a reasonable expectation of when they will be receiving them.

Its also very disturbing to see guys like Mike "Pintucky" who has his pin apparently have a lemon and so many problems with it. I can only imagine what I'd be feeling right now.

Jack needs to take a page from the Chris Christie play book and stand up at the podium and take every question until there are none left. Make adjustments/changes to the current info flow and then follow through!

In any business you have to FOLLOW THROUGH, people will forgive things outside of your control if we know about them and feel like we aren't being lied to.

To regain credibility what he needs to do is release weekly production and distribution numbers and the actual invoices that get satisfied, again WEEKLY, so that people can gauge where the F they are at in the process besides just "calling Jen". That's getting pretty damn insulting!

#785 10 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

There was continuous communication back then which, in my opinion, made it very exciting to be a part of this "adventure".

But now, with all of the silence, we're back to where we were just a few months ago. All of this silence just make those of us without our machines worry.

So true, Kevin/SkitB figured this out again, Rick at PPS seems to get it, who knows.

Sometimes these guys give the impression that we, the customers, are lucky and fortunate to get any updates or information. I really don't get it.

When you have "pre payments" and "crowd funding" you are like a publicly traded company without the actual shares and ownership and are thus owed FULL DISCLOSURE

#786 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This is excellent advise to Jack -- Ice if you could find a way to have your Pinside time moved over to your billable hours you would be giving Bill Gates a run for his money on the Forbes 400 : ))

#787 10 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

This is excellent advise to Jack -- Ice if you could find a way to have your Pinside time moved over to your billable hours you would be giving Bill Gates a run for his money on the Forbes 400 : ))

:lol:No sh*t! Thankfully I don't charge a dime for legal fees anymore…... I give that away as part of my business.

#788 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

:lol:No sh*t! Thankfully I don't charge a dime for legal fees anymore…... I give that away as part of my business.

Well in that case I've got a couple legal questions for you……..

#789 10 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

Well in that case I've got a couple legal questions for you……..

Hehe, are you in Texas where I'm licensed? Fire away

#790 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hehe, are you in Texas where I'm licensed? Fire away

That's some nice country around your neck of the woods.

#791 10 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Because there simply are not that many left to make. They are making a lot of them every month now and there were only 1000 LE's.

I do agree though that an overall timetable from JJP would help this a lot. And then if there are delays, explain em. But it is what it is. I would rather wait longer for a product like theirs vs. getting a sub-standard product on time. Of course hopefully over time we can get both from JJP

Now if this was a heart transplant list, I might be singing a different story!

I really do think we are getting to the end of this WOZLE drama.

#792 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm simply stunned, coming from you.

R u ok?

#793 10 years ago

Because there simply are not that many left to make. They are making a lot of them every month now and there were only 1000 LE's.

Then why are people with 2011 orders being told there are months more of delays?

#794 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I dedicate this song to all of those waiting! ...

#795 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Then why are people with 2011 orders being told there are months more of delays?

When they ordered it really has nothing to do with it because I really don't know the exact numbers of who ordered how many each month several years back. What matters are two things....a) how many there are left to make and b) JJP's WOZLE monthly capacity.

I know I am at the end of the train because of when I ordered mine (my order replaced someone else's). And my estimate from JJP has been pushed out to just before May. And yes, my estimate has been pushed out several times as well. So I get it. They have missed deadlines along the way.

But I do think things are changing over there. I see and hear of people getting their machines. And I don't think they are just making things up. I think Jen is doing her best based on what she knows. So therefore, I stand by my May estimate. I hope for all of our sakes, I am right. If I am wrong....oh well. I get it later than I thought. Just trying to optimistic folks

#796 10 years ago

When they ordered it really has nothing to do with it

Problem is it has everything to do with it. People have been waiting three years. Enough with jerking them around.

I just straight up don't believe the "building 60 a week" line. That's 240 a month. Then someone is told their Xmas delivery that they were promised is being delayed by 3+ months? That's 720 or more games according to that math. What?

Just tell me, does that add up?

I don't think it's a grand conspiracy, it's probably simply that a component isn't available or is limited, and it's slowing things down. If that's the case then just tell people. Already Pinside is hyping Jack's "announcement" next week into something huge, which means people will probably end up being disappointed when it's not the second coming.

That's the problem when you don't communicate and control the narrative. Don't believe me? Just ask Metallica fans. I know for a fact that Lyman is close to being done with the code, but Stern refuses to just tell people that, and now people are pissed and some are even dumping their games.

#797 10 years ago

I know JJP is a new company and I truly want them to be successful. That said, they are running a business and the two killers for the pin business are significant launch date delays and quality issues. I hear a lot of release/shipping issues which isn't good. Haven't seen a thread on quality issues yet. If that were to happen, JJP might be a one pin company.

#798 10 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

If that were to happen, JJP might be a one pin company.

Really go look again. The other killer is when you fail to ship your product.

Quoted from Aurich:

I don't think it's a grand conspiracy, it's probably simply that a component isn't available or is limited, and it's slowing things down.

Yup the component is money.

#799 10 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Really go look again. The other killer is when you fail to ship your product.

Yup the component is money.

Fail to ship your product? Myself and many others have received their games. More will to as the build process continues.

#800 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

More will to as the build process continues.

That's your claim supported by a lot of hope.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.50
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

13,000 (OBO)
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 57.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-ship-update-for-woz-last-person-to-get-their-woz-post-order-date-please/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.