Topic Stats

• 2,818 posts
  • 314 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 223 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Happy_Ending.jpg
party-cat-party-time.jpg
WTF2.png
youareawesome.jpg
Excited1.jpg
Celebrate25.gif
celebrate26.gif
Celebrate24.gif
Celebrate22.jpg
Celebrate23.jpg
Celebrate21.gif
Celebrate19.gif
Celebrate20.gif
Celebrate18.gif
Celebrate17.jpg
the-psychiatrist-is-in.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 2818 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 57.
#701 5 years ago

I am surprised Jack has not commented lately!

#702 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

I am surprised Jack has not commented lately!

That is my concern, why not let us know where we stand. If that was that case we would not need this thread.

#703 5 years ago

As far as I understand it, the original Australian distributor went bankrupt and so the people in Australia who ordered through them and were in the queue never got their machines. The machines that had been allocated to these Australians then went to the next in line, most likely people in the US. Later, JJP found another Australian distributor and has so far has shipped about 30 machines to them which arrived a few weeks ago (the first machines to be shipped to Australia through a distributor), with no more expected to ship until the middle of next year.

I believe the number of orders with the original Australian distributor was many more than 30, so if things had happened the way they were originally intended, I imagine the people who are waiting for their machines in the US and Europe at present would be getting their machines later rather than sooner.

What I'm saying is this: according to my information, people in the US and Europe who are waiting for machines have actually experienced a net benefit from the situation with the Australian distributors and jumped ahead in the queue rather than having the delivery of their machines delayed as some have alleged here.

It's hardly surprising that the new Australian distributor has a couple of machines from the first shipment left to sell on eBay as many of the people who wanted one in Australia lost their money with the original distributor and would probably be hesitant to buy again.

#704 5 years ago
Quoted from rputnam:

I'm invoice 2351, ordered May 4, 2011. Haven't gotten 'the call' but I'm still looking forward to the game.

Got the call this morning from Jen that my game is ready to ship. Cutting it close but hopefully delivery by Christmas is still in the cards.

#705 5 years ago

the train is moving again? great news.

I might say a few hail marys and call Jen.

Thanks for the update RP.

#706 5 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

the train is moving again? great news.
I might say a few hail marys and call Jen.
Thanks for the update RP.

Sounds like you got lucky RP! Congrats.

#707 5 years ago

Call from Jen this morning 2321 invoiced 4-21 on the way!

#708 5 years ago

Sounds like maybe Jack is dragging the *#&$ train down the track himself ...

#709 5 years ago

Anybody know the date when the last WOZLE was presold?

#710 5 years ago

I think I might have one of the last ones. Mine was November 2012.

#711 5 years ago

Sweet... 2386
Should be the first Two weeks of January... Hopefully the snow isn't bad and I can use the back walk way to the house

#712 5 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

I think I might have one of the last ones. Mine was November 2012.

I got one of those as well. I had already purchased a regular model a long time before but was on the backup list in case anyone cancelled. I got the phone call the 1st week of November of 2012. I guess some customer who had ordered several machines cancelled and I was able to upgrade. Do they keep your original order date or is the upgrade date my "official" spot in line? I never thought to ask because I just thought the machines were shipped out in order from #1 to #1000.......

#713 5 years ago

If you bought a spot from another purchaser you buy that persons place in line. If you bought a cancelled order from JJP like I did I think you're in order of the invoice #'s. If you ordered a WOZ in Oct. and a WOZLE slot opened in Nov. you'd still have an OCT invoice #...I think

#714 5 years ago
Quoted from jadziedzic:

Sounds like maybe Jack is dragging the *#&$ train down the track himself ...

jack-train.jpg

#715 5 years ago

Jen called this morning #2339 shipping today. April 29, 2011 order.

#716 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

jack-train.jpg 36 KB

Geez, slow day at work? Good for you, but it would take me about a month to figure out how to do that

#717 5 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

Geez, slow day at work? Good for you, but it would take me about a month to figure out how to do that

Haha, Photoshop is my bread and butter, something silly like that only took a couple minutes.

#718 5 years ago

I just got the email from Jen. Invoice #2369 from 5/10/11 is shipping today. It was totally unexpected. They must be cranking out nothing but LE games at this point. Thanks for a great Christmas present Jack!

#719 5 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

I just got the email from Jen. Invoice #2369 from 5/10/11 is shipping today. It was totally unexpected. They must be cranking out nothing but LE games at this point. Thanks for a great Christmas present Jack!

As I stated earlier that is the case. A few of the regulars called me a liar but whatever

45 games on the dock at the Xmas party with 20 more on the testing line. They are being built pretty quickly now.

#720 5 years ago

I never doubted you Alex. I just figured the way my luck was going there would be a parts shortage just before the holidays and for two weeks after LOL.

#721 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

jack-train.jpg 36 KB

Is that Jack's likeness or Lloyd Bochner?

#722 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

A few of the regulars called me a liar but whatever

Liar may be too strong. It indicates intent to deceive.

Perhaps exaggerator is a better choice of word.

(I keed, I keed)

#723 5 years ago

5 days, no posts.
Anyone receiving games?

#724 5 years ago

none here....

Still waiting for "the call"

#725 5 years ago

Jan-Mar are my busiest three months next year, I will get the call at that time, not while I have the next two weeks off. If you want to get it, fill your schedule.

#726 5 years ago

I got mine on Wednesday invoice 2321 hope that helps

#727 5 years ago

#2334 received Friday 12/20

#728 5 years ago

Good news! My ECLEWOZ was delivered yesterday after nearly 32 months. Ordered May 4, 2011, invoice number 2350, game number 315. Hope this information is useful to those still trying to figure out their place in the queue.

1 week later
#729 5 years ago

Where are the machines?

Anyone get one in the last week?

#730 5 years ago

Still waiting on mine

#731 5 years ago

indy, what is your purchase date and invoice #?

#732 5 years ago

purchase date...6/27/11

invoice #2472

Jen said a couple days ago that it will either be the end of this month or Feb.

#733 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

purchase date...6/27/11
invoice #2472
Jen said a couple days ago that it will either be the end of this month or Feb.

Can I put $100 on April?

#734 5 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

Can I put $100 on April?

I'm betting it'll be May/June

#735 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm betting it'll be May/June

If that was the case then I would probably be 2015. I hope you are wrong because I don't see how JJP could stay in business if they were that slow.

#736 5 years ago

They are so slow. And They still need to make 1000 ruby reds by the time the hobbit is due to come out. These reds were sold to us as a way to keep the factory open between WOZ and hobbit but that isn't going to be necessary.
And God forbid they make hobbits ahead of time so they ship more than 1 on their contractual "deadline"

#737 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

They are so slow. And They still need to make 1000 ruby reds by the time the hobbit is due to come out. These reds were sold to us as a way to keep the factory open between WOZ and hobbit but that isn't going to be necessary.
And God forbid they make hobbits ahead of time so they ship more than 1 on their contractual "deadline"

Why do you think they need to make 1000 ruby reds this year? I don't think they have even sold 300 of them yet.

#738 5 years ago

When did JJP start building the games? Was it Last March? Looks like it will be at least a year or more just to build 1000 games. I'm hoping that TH doesn't take near as long. However, even if it takes half the time as WOZ I just don't see how they can build the WOZ 75s and THs all before December.

#739 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

If that was the case then I would probably be 2015. I hope you are wrong because I don't see how JJP could stay in business if they were that slow.

I'm not sure it's a matter of slow. It may be a matter of prioritizing the building of games for which they have new (paying) orders to keep the cash flowing. Building a game ordered and paid for years ago generates costs, but no new cash.

Don't know, just a thought.

#740 5 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

I'm not sure it's a matter of slow. It may be a matter of prioritizing the building of games for which they have new (paying) orders to keep the cash flowing. Building a game ordered and paid for years ago generates costs, but no new cash.

Could be.
However the other side of the coin is if they do this then they lose future preorders from loyal customers.

#741 5 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

Any accountants here who would like to chime in on when the income was realized for tax purposes on a pre-ordered game?

I take deposits from companies all of the time for new projects but do not realize the income until the work is performed which is commonplace in business.

#742 5 years ago

I would have to believe JJP needs to do some fresh sales on a continuous basis to show the bankers that he has a viable consistant business with sales. Its probably not "acceptable" to banks and accountants to just take a large sum from the prepaid games 2 1/2 years ago and keep building and shipping those with no new sales coming in on the books. So long as the majority of the games being built are the pre-paid ECLE it won't take him too long to get done with them. And he said no ruby editions will be built for sale until the ECLE games are done.
When you think about they are all the same game anyhow until they put on the cosmetics for final assembly.

#743 5 years ago

This is all just speculation. Only time will tell. And we know jack wont.
It would be cool if JJP wrapped up this WOZ already and moved on to the hobbit.
WOZ is already getting old and only half of them are even shipped.

#744 5 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I take deposits from companies all of the time for new projects but do not realize the income until the work is performed which is commonplace in business.

Which is the accepted practice. Before then, it's a liability.

#745 5 years ago

No business with a true long-term future would want to use deposit money to manufacture the product, but you would be surprised how often that happens with new businesses. In essence it's taking money out of the right pocket and putting it in the left pocket to be spent.

#746 5 years ago

Topic is latest WOZ received, plenty of other threads for speculation. Take that crap there. This thread is allowing those waiting to see where they are in shipping. They have shipped over 600 and the shipping rate currenty is around 200/month they say. They tell us the ECLE should all be completed by March.

We will see.

#747 5 years ago

Completion of WOZLE is doable by March. There are approx 420 invoices( I figure) left in this run till the end of normal LE run which is around invoice #2900 or so based on what I read here. I'm looking for the end of March though based on past experience.

#748 5 years ago

OK, I'm about to out myself as a total nerd. I'm not a buyer, but out of curiosity, I've been tracking all the reported deliveries and invoice numbers and plotting a trend line. It's certainly not scientific, but it says about 2650 by end of March. The highest shipped invoice I've seen was 2438 on 12/2, but NONE over 2400 since then. It seems pretty erratic to me.

Oh, and the build rate based on this trend line is about 19 invoices per week.

WOZ.png
#749 5 years ago

That's actually pretty cool, nerd! Nice work, but it's a little scary...does that mean that they're building tons for distributors and only small amounts for people who bought directly from them? Food for thought...

#750 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

OK, I'm about to out myself as a total nerd. I'm not a buyer, but out of curiosity, I've been tracking all the reported deliveries and invoice numbers and plotting a trend line. It's certainly not scientific, but it says about 2650 by end of March. The highest shipped invoice I've seen was 2438 on 12/2, but NONE over 2400 since then. It seems pretty erratic to me.
Oh, and the build rate based on this trend line is about 19 invoices per week.

WOZ.png 16 KB

I don't think 2438 has shipped or it is a typo. I am 2395 and I have not received notice yet.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11,500.00
$ 12.99
$ 189.00
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 13.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
There are 2818 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 57.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside