3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Benhurr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200514_152354 (resized).jpg
    20200509_181054 (resized).jpg
    20200509_181114 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

Trying to fix a friends Shaq machine.
    The battery setup is causing an issue getting game to start and keep memory.
    Old round battery was removed and remote battery with 2 AA doesnt seem right.
    Pic below is where remote battery is soldered. I see another positive point, is this in the right place?
    At power up it says check battery U6 and check U3. U3 is a chip.
    Do I need to change chip out too?

20200509_181054 (resized).jpg20200509_181054 (resized).jpg20200509_181114 (resized).jpg20200509_181114 (resized).jpg
    #2 3 years ago

Thanks in advance.
    Friends only machine and trying to get quaritine fun for his bored 13 year old son.

#3 3 years ago

i think you need 3 AA battery's to get 4.5 - 5 volts

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

i think you need 3 AA battery's to get 4.5 - 5 volts

Thank you. I did try 3 with no result.
    Thats why i was thinking the red wire in pic is soldered to the wrong positive terminal.
    Also not sure why there is 2 + points on the cpu board at old battery port.

#5 3 years ago

also depending on the holder you have to input each battery a certain way , put them in then check for 4.5volts , also a diode is needed to prevent charging of the battery's

#6 3 years ago

Some pin wiki research helped a little. Indeed this Gottlieb system 3 only requires 2 AA Batteries to replace 3 volt lithium button battery.
    Now myn thought, in pic above of old battery holder the red positive wire doesn't seem to be soldered right on top very well. Wondering if I need small jumper to get to other positive leg above the red wire?
    Does remote battery holder wires need to go to both positives?

#7 3 years ago

Just install a CR2032 holder and battery.

No, you don't need to use both positive through holes.

Did the original battery leak?

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Just install a CR2032 holder and battery.
    No, you don't need to use both positive through holes.
    Did the original battery leak?

Thank you forceflow!
    No, no visible leakage. The game came with this remote battery. Friend/owner informed me he has to take backglass off every time he wants to play, and press the reset button on cpu.
    The remote battery is 2 AA's. I wasn't getting 3v out of battery holder with 2 brand new batteries.
    Your idea to be honest, was what I was thinking of doing.

#9 3 years ago

You need 2 lithium AA batteries...same as the button one who is a lithium battery. If you put something else they will work only few days.
    Also sold the 2 + contact

20200514_152354 (resized).jpg20200514_152354 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-shaq-attaq-battery-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.