11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

RCT manual not in pinball database.

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4536

Apparently it came on a Stern CD. Are there paper manuals? Looking for either one.

#2 11 years ago

Paper manuals are available for purchase. I do not remember where, but one of the regular online places had then for sale a few months ago.

You can likely also ask your local distributor to provide you with an electronic copy from the Stern CD.

#3 11 years ago

AV8: PM me your email, I can help you out.

#4 11 years ago

At the bottom are all of the whitestar schematics, may be useful
http://www.sternpinball.com/schematics.shtml

#5 11 years ago

Got it! thanks to Jonogo. Its a very detailed manual. Stern stepped up there game in 2002.

With the manual I discovered that Stern never installed a post on the right by the scoop. Thought I was crazy. I could not figure out how to install this rubber. Now I know.

how do you update code on white star systems? ROM burner?

2 years later
#6 8 years ago

sorry to resurrect this old thread from the dead, but i am also looking for the RCT manual if anyone can help. i enjoyed the game while i owned it and was checking if i still had all my manuals from my games past and present and was missing this one - can anyone help me out please?

2 months later
#7 8 years ago

I would also like a manual for a RCT. Can anyone direct me to where I can download this?

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from cooldan:

sorry to resurrect this old thread from the dead, but i am also looking for the RCT manual if anyone can help. i enjoyed the game while i owned it and was checking if i still had all my manuals from my games past and present and was missing this one - can anyone help me out please?

So people with RCT are looking for a manual and you no longer own the game and want one anyway? Why? You sell games and keep the manuals? Why?

#9 8 years ago

I don't care about that guy's request... I'm trying to fix a friend's flipper issue, and I need to know what transistor belongs to his upper flipper.

#10 8 years ago

I am surprised they are not on Stern's site. A paper manual did come with the game.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I don't care about that guy's request... I'm trying to fix a friend's flipper issue, and I need to know what transistor belongs to his upper flipper.

reseat the ribbon cable going between the 2 boards... that thing is always a problem

Look at the manuals for games around that time... I used the monopoly manual to troubleshoot a south park... the flippers should all be mapped the same across whitestar..

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4505

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

I am surprised they are not on Stern's site. A paper manual did come with the game.

You do realize that there is a complete wiring diagram in the rom if you just hit the info/draw button in Diagnostics while on the device/wire/light/switch in question.

Pick draw and it will scroll through the transistor, jumpers, wire colors, etc.

Not only did stern do this, All WPC Williams/Bally had the feature too...

All the manuals were on the Stern site in PDF until the last redesign of their site, then someone removed them (probably so they could make money from reprints).

#13 8 years ago

Hey guys... RCT noobie here (I posted in another thread - got a nice machine for $400 from a family member!) - I'm just trying to work out a few gremlins and I think you guys would be the best place to start (if you have a minute to listen to my rambling...)

My machine is working pretty well, 100% of the bulbs are good, sound is great, machine is in great shape. BUT - (there's always a but...) the ghost door does not trigger... so I thought it was the ghost door, but on a simple test from the menu, found that the door did disengage / engage correctly. So that leads me to believe that the ghost standup narrow yellow target is what triggers this function, but is not working. I went into switch test, and tried simply shorting that yellow switch with a wire to make a connection but was unsuccessful. I have ordered a replacement for it never-the-less as it looked relatively worn, more-so than most of the machine. BUT then I realized as I was testing all of the other switches, that there are three other switches not working, and they are (33, 34, 35 in the manual) Left Ramp Return, Center Ramp Made and Right Ramp Made. All at the very back, all on the clear plastic ramps, in the same vicinity as the ghost button that isn't working. I also could not get these switches to short with a switch test.

This makes me wonder if these are in some sort of series or related to each other? The game is great, but without those switches triggering I'm sure there are great sounds, scores, etc that we are missing out on.

I can't bring myself to believe that it's the actual switches that have failed, as it's these three in the same area, whilst every other one on the playfield works like a charm.

Can anyone possibly help me with a next step / process of elimination?

The other thing that isn't working is the sweeper OPTO on the back right (facing the unit.) So the man gets stuck up and the machine has to do a ball search and reset before play can continue. I see that there's a red light on the unit, so I am guessing the transmitter is fine, but the receiver board is fried. Opening the unit up I see the poor choice in location and insulation on this one, as someone had wrapped part of it in electrical tape to try and avoid it shorting out. I have ordered another receiver board and hope to have that fixed in a few days. I'll put a piece of adhesive insulating tape or something on the back to ensure it does not short out.

Anyways, sorry for the long post. I appreciate anyone who can assist on that group of non-functional switches. I'm thinking it'll really make the game more enjoyable to have everything 100%.

Thank you!
Adam Hicks
DFW / Texas

#14 8 years ago

Adam, like Loyd said in your other thread... Follow the common wires between those three switches. Either you have a broken wire going to the board, or there's an issue with a connector. I can look tomorrow at those 3 switches and see where they go. As to the manual question ⬆️I bought one 3+ years ago from Marcos, not sure if they still have them but there out there~ SpOoKs

#15 8 years ago

Thank you SpookyRides - I have the original manual, french addendum, etc that all came with the unit. I replied to his other post as well, that these are indeed all inline. That being said, they are inline with the OPTO that has failed, so I'm guessing there's a 'hole' in the circuit that is causing all of these switches to not register? Hopefully my replacement receiver board will come in this week and I'll find out. Would be great if that one piece fixed all of these at once!

Thanks,
Adam

#16 8 years ago

Fixed! Replaced transistor Q5 which was common to all of these failed switches. It had blown when an opto shorted out before I bought it. Replaced and fixed the opto, tested good. Removed the CPU board and saw that Q5 was blown (front looked fine, but back of board had carbon and was slightly burned.)

Next day Amazon delivery of some transistors and this thing is playing 100% now. And it's a LOT more fun.

Thanks all for the assistance!
Adam

3 weeks later

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-roller-coaster-tycoon-manual-or-stern-disk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.