• Latest reply 7 years ago by Dkjimbo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0413_(resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

I am having some monitor issues but this one is a bit scarier than just an image that's too wide. So the game was working fine (other than the aforementioned horizontal width issue) and I had the playfield slid up working on adjusting a switch. I noticed the monitor (Ducksan) was now completely off. I rebooted the machine and the PC booted fine and the playfield was completely working. A game could be started, and played, etc but no image on screen at all...basically playing blind.

I lifted the cover on the driver board and saw that many of the LEDs are red which I believe means blown fuses? But the weird thing is none of the fuses are actually blown. Here is a picture of the Driver board as it sits now when the game turns on. Also, the "Health" LED is blinking. I have no experience yet with Pin2k but am quickly learning. I cant seem to find a good troubleshooting guide to help.

Something similar and weird happened yesterday but resolved itself - I was working under the playfield (changing lights, fixing switches, etc) and I turned the game on and it was reporting most fuses blown but at that time the monitor was working so I could see the diagnostic mode. I shut it off, checked the fuses, sure enough all are fine, rebooted and the game played fine and the monitor worked. Now it seems like the same thing is happening but the monitor no longer fires up and the issue doesn't resolve itself but still, the game is 100% playable in this condition other than having no monitor function.

Any ideas what's going on here?

IMG_0413_(resized).JPGIMG_0413_(resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I lifted the cover on the driver board and saw that many of the LEDs are red which I believe means blown fuses? But the weird thing is none of the fuses are actually blown.

The fuse status LEDs are only red, on indicates functioning. Extinquished (off) is a failed fuse.

I think your driver board is fine, and your problem is isolated to a monitor problem.

see "Pinball2000 Monitor Info and Problems"
http://www.pinball2000.de/

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

The fuse status LEDs are only red, on indicates functioning. Extinquished (off) is a failed fuse.
I think your driver board is fine, and your problem is isolated to a monitor problem.
see "Pinball2000 Monitor Info and Problems"
http://www.pinball2000.de/

yep what he said!

#4 7 years ago

Ive had the game 4 days and I am completely over this crappy Ducksan monitor....the width is way to wide and unadjustable. no one makes parts for this thing and information available on it is inconclusive at best, more like non-existent, and now its just flat out not working. I think im going to throw in the towel and just do the LCD conversion!

#5 7 years ago

Check with Niemandisplays. They sell a conversion. There is link in RFM fan thread. I'm looking at grabbing one right now as a backup.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Check with Niemandisplays. They sell a conversion. There is link in RFM fan thread. I'm looking at grabbing one right now as a backup.

This^^^^^^^

The previous owner installed one in mine, and I love it. It is custom made for the Pin2k, so the image is still displayed in a 4x3 ratio, and is not stretched or distorted. Highly recommended.

#7 7 years ago

Do the LCD conversion. Nieman displays is a little expensive but it will do a direct conversion to CGA and if you install a Nucore it will also do the conversion to VGA with no adapters and he has parts if something goes wrong. Sell your duckscan and you may get a little $$ back.

http://www.niemandisplays.com/nieman_video_displays_013.htm

#8 7 years ago

I believe aztarac has a nucore system for sale as well

#9 7 years ago

trigger pulled. Im gutting this POS monitor and going with the LCD conversion. Ordered the bracket, the sync converter, the cga/vga adapter and all the cables necessary for a swap...now to hunt craigslist for a cheap LCD to drop in there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,500 (OBO)
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 85.00
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-revenge-from-mars-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.