(Topic ID: 254279)

Need resistance of Williams EM score motor coil.......

By valveamp

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hi. I think the score motor coil in my Williams Skylab just shorted. The 24V circuit fuse (15A) blew after some chattering sound came from under the playfield. Eventually, I unplugged the score more service jack, which removes the 24volts off the motor circuit. When I do this, the 24V circuit fuse does not blow and the the playfield seems to act normally, i.e. the lights come on and the game relay closes. My question is, what is the correct resistance of the score motor coil? I'm measuring around 1.8 to 1.9 ohms. I think this is too low. Does anyone have a resistance measurement that I can compare? The motor part number is 14A-7883. I seem to remember that I saw these motors are supposed to draw 1.4 amps. If so, then 1.8 ohms is way too low. Hopefully, someone has a measurement for me. The good news is that if this is a bad motor, PBR has a new replacement. Not really in the mood to try and rewind it.

Thanks.

#2 4 years ago

I have one that is out of a machine. It reads 2.3 Ohms with a Fluke 87 digital multi meter.

#3 4 years ago

Hmm. That is lower than I thought it would be. I’m going to have to look at it again. Maybe something else is going on. Thanks.

#4 4 years ago

You are welcome.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
La Fayette, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-resistance-of-williams-em-score-motor-coil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.