• 29 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hello all.

I'm in Need of a Bally multiplayer as representation for my collection as I can make room for one in a line up of 3 machines when one pops up local for sale in Idaho.

Currently I have a 1975 Gottlieb "Spirit of 76" and a 1976 Williams "Space Odyssey" that will be staying. I want a Bally that will be a keeper as well.

I am looking for Gameplay that is different from the 2 machines mentioned above.

I have narrowed it down to these candidates so please choose from the list only:

* 1972 Little Joe
* 1974 Amigo
* 1975 Bow and Arrow
* 1976 Hokus Pokus
* 1976 Hang Glider

Please choose one along with a backup selection based on your overall opinion of the game and why it would complement the machines I already have.

This should be fun.

Let's Play!

Ken

#2 11 years ago

You will be happy if you find a good order "Monte Carlo"(1972)

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

* 1975 Bow and Arrow

I like this It plays well. I like the American Indian theme myself

So do they>>>http://www.ipdb.org/rate/showrate.pl?gid=362

Hang glider for #2 spot The beach eye candy is cool

But you cant go wrong with either.

One way to tie it in with the pins you have already would be the chronological order of how we evolved from a country >native american> to the celebration of the USA> to the space program
IMO

#4 11 years ago

yeah i would pick bow and arrow also but i like the theme of hokus pokus better

#5 11 years ago

i WOULD TAKE BOW A ND ARROW FROM THOSE but LIKE wIZARD OR cAPT FAN MUCH BETTER THAN ANY OF THOSE...

#6 11 years ago

I'd go for the Bow & Arrow also. Good game, a lot of fun, good variety of shots. A keeper.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Chrisbee:

You will be happy if you find a good order "Monte Carlo"(1972)

I have carefully selected the titles on the list for what features/art I like in the game and Monte Carlo did not make the list and of course everyone is different.

Think of it as being stuck in an arcade for whatever reason and these are the only titles on the list available to play.

What would it be? any?

Ken

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

One way to tie it in with the pins you have already would be the chronological order of how we evolved from a country >native american> to the celebration of the USA> to the space program
IMO

Great idea Pin-it.

If Bow and Arrow becomes the pick, then so be it.

Ken

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

yeah i would pick bow and arrow also but i like the theme of hokus pokus better

I have been leaning towards these 2 titles and have played them both and love both the Indian and magic theme.

I am a fan of Kickout holes so B&A has that advantage over HP but will most likely come down to which one shows up locally first.

Ken

#10 11 years ago

I like Surf Champ, of Surfer. Great multi player.
Allen

#11 11 years ago

Best EM ever was Fireball, so consider that for your backup.

Even the theme was one of the best ever. While many EMs were clowns, cowboys and card games, Fireball was demonic and mean.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

most likely come down to which one shows up locally first.

If not:
For second option >> saw 2 B&A search in here>>(sorry would not paste to the exact listing of them)>>http://user.xmission.com/~daina/classified/index.html

And also one Hokus Pokus there too.
At least you know the ball park $$ they want for them.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

I like Surf Champ, of Surfer. Great multi player.
Allen

Looking for a Bally here, not a Gottlieb.

But you are right, both great games.

Ken

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Best EM ever was Fireball, so consider that for your backup.

Fireball has too much randomness because of the spinning disc plus I do not care for the artwork, but to each his own.

Any titles you do like from my list?

Ken

#15 11 years ago

Little Joe is tops for the ruleset. But, you will have a difficult time finding one. Thus, go for Amigo first because everyone should have a Bally "build the bonus" machine in their lineup. Next choice is Bow and Arrow. I don't care for the artwork but the flash unit made the game play fun. TRIVIA TIME: The last time I set foot on the
floor of Bally's main Belmont Avenue plant, Hang Glider was rolling down the assembly line.

#16 11 years ago

Thanks for your Thoughts and opinion MrBally as you are the go to guy for Bally.

Note: I actually love the artwork on Bow and Arrow.

Ken

Quoted from MrBally:

you will have a difficult time finding one.

Heck, I have a difficult time finding any good title EM in Idaho!

Ken

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Fireball has too much randomness because of the spinning disc plus I do not care for the artwork, but to each his own.

Understood, demons are not for everybody!

Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Any titles you do like from my list?

I always play Bow and Arrow when I see one at a show, great game.

#18 11 years ago

From your list, I'm partial to Bow and Arrow and Amigo

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I have narrowed it down to these candidates so please choose from the list only:

* 1972 Little Joe
* 1974 Amigo
* 1975 Bow and Arrow
* 1976 Hokus Pokus
* 1976 Hang Glider

The votes are in!

Well, I have had a lot of comments from here and on RGP and it looks like overwhelming votes for Bow and Arrow.

Hard to say what came in second place as it was between "Amigo" and "Hokus Pokus".

Third place seemed like a tie as well between "Hang Glider" and "Little Joe".

So with the help of the voters I have decided at this point that I will get a "Bow and Arrow" or a "Amigo" as they both have Kickout holes which is a big plus for me as opposed to "Hokus Pokus" which does not.

Also there is a wild card, a "Mati Hari" EM version which I did not list because they are hard to come buy and unlikely to find one in my vicinity, however this would be the first choice if I did not already buy one of the other titles.

Now all I have to do is wait for one of these pins to be available locally and at the right price.

Thanks to all for your vote.

Ken

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I have carefully selected the titles on the list for what features/art I like in the game and Monte Carlo did not make the list and of course everyone is different.

Thats cool Ken, I like it as it has more featurs than most Em's of its time.But each to there own.

1 week later
#21 11 years ago

I'll go with Bow and Arrow for the artwork. Cabinet, backglass and playfield.

#22 11 years ago

I'm sure there are a lot of great Bally's out there but if you ever have the chance to own a '71 to '74 Bally Champ go for it! I finally got mine working (thanks to some of you pinheads) and we play all the time. The messenger balls on both sides allow for some high scores. This one is a good challenging, addictive, early seventies Bally worth adding to any collection. Good Luck.

#23 11 years ago

from your list i would go with bow and arrow. my personal choice would be wizard. i loved playing it when i was a kid. another one if you can find one would be the em version of night rider or freedom. both of these games came out in em and ss versions.

#24 11 years ago

I would go with Bow & Arrow.

4 weeks later
#25 11 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

So with the help of the voters I have decided at this point that I will get a "Bow and Arrow" or a "Amigo" as they both have Kickout holes which is a big plus for me

I have to say after going back and forth for some time now between the two that "Amigo" is the one that wins as far as bringing in my first Bally through the door. Just like everything about it including the Bonus countdown and the Double Bonus on the 3rd and 5th ball. Having the Lower Return Ball Gate, Pop Up Post, and on Playfield Specials give it a boost over B&A as well in my book.

Looks like Bow and Arrow will have to take a back seat.

The wife really likes the artwork of Amigo too so that is always a big plus for getting a new pin.

Ken

#26 11 years ago

don't forget to rate it when you have played a few games, the EN top 100 list needs votes.

#27 11 years ago

Happy hunting, ken!

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Prmailers:

Happy hunting, ken!

Yea, finding one local is like pulling teeth in the Boise Idaho area, just not that many EM's around in general.

Ken

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Understood, demons are not for everybody!

You right!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-recommendation-best-late-model-bally-multiplayer-em and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.