• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3Gb3Fd3Mb5O15Ge5F1cbo68a457676a371fd6..jpg
3F83L43Ib5L65K35Mfcbo3640d5aa36951d93..jpg
#1 11 years ago

I met up with a guy on craigslist to purchase some things. He was an older gentleman in his 70's who owns a farm and has a couple of buildings full of stuff.

Two things that caught my eye were a couple of the pinball machines he has.

The first is a "Bally Bongo" Pinball machine. Apparently only 1,050 were made. Pretty dusty, he said it worked until one day it acted funny, he took off the back piece and fiddled with it couldnt fix it, and overtime, he misplaced the back :/ He was asking $200, I bought some stuff off him I've already made a 400% profit on, so I think there may be room on this machine since he didnt know what some of the other things he had were worth. In non working shape, is it worth buying? Is it worth getting restored? Or is it worth its weight in parts?

Second, he also has a Bally Airway, made in 1933. Not sure how many were made. He says all of the lights come on, top glass is missing, but he doesnt think it works (seized gear possibly or something?) He wants $200 for that too.

Any of these good deals?

#2 11 years ago

Is this an active forum...or is this not the place I need to find my answer...?

#3 11 years ago

Hm, I'm a pin-addict, so sounds good!
But without pictures... There is a lot collector here, they should know.

#4 11 years ago

Yeah condition is everything

Bongo 1963 $125-$250 ?
Airway 1932 $250-$475?
(another Airway is listed for 1937)
if your into fixing & collecting games they might be interesting
however selling them would be a bit hard I would imagine,
might take you a few years to move a flipperless game due to most folks
just dont collect them and if they do it's only one in the line up.

I'd pass and look for something else like from the 80s-90s that would have more appeal to a much larger crowd

#5 11 years ago

Condition is everything.

If the machines have Backglass flaking, broken parts, missing pieces, Playfield wear, then $200.00 each is a stretch unless you like the machines and want to keep them to fix up yourself.

The flipperless machine could be a tough sell and there is only a small circle of folks who collect these.

If you could pick up both in decent condition for $200.00 then I would do it, but then again I have the know how to fix them. If you do not know how to fix them or do not want to bother then it may be another story.

Post pictures if you can.

Ken

#6 11 years ago

Wow! Didn't realize it would get this many replies haha. Glad I have something to work with now. I guess the Airway advertised is from 1937, not 33, sorry :/ Here are some pics of the airway. If I were to try and look at the bongo again, he would expect me to buy it...so no chance there.

The bongo has flippers, its not flipperless. There were also only 1,050 confirmed made. Now...I know everyone hates this, but a Odds evens pinball was taken into pawnstars, and he spent $2k to restore it, and claims it was worth $3k or w/e. Now, I know many, many pins that I would spend $3k on and be much happier with.

But if there were only 1,000 made, and its old, wouldn't the parts be worth something? Playing field is in good shape, backglass I saw had some very minor flaking.

However, Ive never had a pin in my life Id like to get one. Just dont want to spend $1k on one. Id rather put the money to a boat, or something. I am an engineer though. And I fix machines for my job. So I'm handy, and just need to be educated.

Anywho, I do have pics of the airway. Playfield is good, lights come on. Something doesnt work? Idk.

3F83L43Ib5L65K35Mfcbo3640d5aa36951d93..jpg3F83L43Ib5L65K35Mfcbo3640d5aa36951d93..jpg 3Gb3Fd3Mb5O15Ge5F1cbo68a457676a371fd6..jpg3Gb3Fd3Mb5O15Ge5F1cbo68a457676a371fd6..jpg

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from arsousa:

but a Odds evens pinball was taken into pawnstars, and he spent $2k to restore it, and claims it was worth $3k or w/e. Now, I know many, many pins that I would spend $3k on and be much happier with.

Saw that episode too.
Also stuck with it now.(way overpriced)Unless you are keeping it.
If you just want to flip `em then just a spit and polish- some bulbs- rubbers and other wear-ables to bring it up to par then let someone who has interest in it to invest in a resto.
Hate to see you dump a lot cash in to it then find out it is overpriced that no one wants it but i am not discouraging you.( just research first)
But from what i see it does not look bad. might fetch some decent $$$

Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

The flipperless machine could be a tough sell and there is only a small circle of folks who collect these.

Plus on that Em-Pinman.

#8 11 years ago

I like that Airway. It looks in ok shape.
Id pay 150 and if i were to sell it id ask 350- 500

where are you located. The part of the country you are in also effects the price somewhat.

you are not going to get 1k for that machine regardless of condition.

also 1000 made is not as rare as you might think in the pinball world

#9 11 years ago

I like the Airway too. It's got a great look to it. Maybe not a lot of fun but I'm a fan of historically interesting eye candy. I'd have been happy to get that for $200. The tricky part is down the road when you're pressed for space and a game you really like to play comes up for sale. Do you keep the old one that's neat to look at or buy the one that's fun to play?
Alex

#10 11 years ago

Here is a listing for a 1931 Mills flipperless machine.

Beautiful condition. This will give you an idea of pricing.

ebay.com link: VINTAGE 1931 MILLS PINBALL MACHINE LQQK NO RESERVE

I do not think it is going to sell $569.00.

Ken

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-pricing-help-on-some-old-bally-pinball-machines and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.