(Topic ID: 288036)

Need pictures of Bally Wizard Credit Relay and Coin Relay wiring.

By Sea_Wolf

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Sea_Wolf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B1D1A540-A2BD-483F-B2B9-D37771E7C7B4 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

On my Bally Wizard that has been a challenging project it looks like I’ve got a wire or 2 missing from the switch on the Credit Relay farthest towards the back of the cabinet.

FWIW the same switch on the Coin Relay is missing the wires also. An attempt by a previous owner of keeping the player in the dark on replays? The credit wheel was rigged with a screw to not show credits. No replays for Match or Special and no Knocker either.

Need a picture or the wire colors going to the switch tabs on both relays if possible. Thanks, Danny

B1D1A540-A2BD-483F-B2B9-D37771E7C7B4 (resized).jpegB1D1A540-A2BD-483F-B2B9-D37771E7C7B4 (resized).jpeg
#2 3 years ago

Also, there are 2 cut wires dangling next to each relay, a blue-yellow wire close to the Coin Relay and a Red-blue wire next to the Credit Relay.

Without lifting the relay board up, that’s all I can see.

#3 3 years ago

I can't really open mine up right now but from memory that is how it's supposed to be. Mine had two sets of switches with no wires, and no evidence that they ever soldered a wire to those switches.

I seem to remember a couple of wires also. But they were cut, meaning they had never been stripped of insulation and soldered to anything.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I can't really open mine up right now but from memory that is how it's supposed to be. Mine had two sets of switches with no wires, and no evidence that they ever soldered a wire to those switches.
I seem to remember a couple of wires also. But they were cut, meaning they had never been stripped of insulation and soldered to anything.

That’s good to know. I’ve got some questions about the knocker and replay issues that I’ll send in a pm. Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-pictures-of-bally-wizard-credit-relay-and-coin-relay-wiring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.