(Topic ID: 218314)

Need photo of 1960's Gottlieb BG > Players1or2 can play at same time

By SpaceTimeGuy

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1682 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1684 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1686 (resized).JPG
    1 or 2 Can PlayBETTER5 (resized).jpg
    1 or 2 Can Play (resized).jpg
    IMG_0989 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SpaceTimeGuy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hi ... I have a PARADISE game with a nice BG >> EXCEPT for part that says "Players 1 or 2 can play at same time" ... think they used the same graphic for this on other games ... Could someone send me a high quality photo of that part of their BG (straight on view, no camera flash) ... I want to scrape off the remaining paint and have a decal printed and put that on my BG ... Anyone ever tried this?? Any idea who could print that on clear background? THANK YOU !!! message me and I will send you my email !

IMG_0989 (resized).JPGIMG_0989 (resized).JPG
    #4 5 years ago

MarkG > THANKS !!!! I will PM you my email if you could send a JPG or whatever ... that would be GREAT !!

CactusJack > "projector transparency" > AWESOME ... I will check Staples and see if they can do that !! "Clear coat" > Yes ... already did that ... covered up the Player 1 or 2 area to make it easier to scape off later ... Thank You !

1 week later
    #5 5 years ago

MarkG >> THANK YOU SO MUCH !!! I cleaned up the image in Photoshop ... looks pretty good ... might be a little to RED so may have a couple different ones made and see which matches the best ... here's the touched up version ... if anyone needs this > PM me and I will send the full size JPG.

1 or 2 Can PlayBETTER5 (resized).jpg1 or 2 Can PlayBETTER5 (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #6 5 years ago

UPDATE > here are photos of the "fixed" BG ... I did what CactusJack suggested and had a transparency printed ... however, it was on clear plastic and their printer didn't have white ink > so I used a piece of white vinyl (from a sign shop). First, I trimmed the transparency to proper size, then applied white vinyl to back of transparency, then trimmed the vinyl ~1/8 of an inch bigger than transparency, stuck the whole thing to the back glass (it is held in place by the 1/8 inch of vinyl sticking out). Came out pretty good ... color is a touch too red (more noticeable in photos than in person) ... and transparency image was a tiny bit smaller than the original (can see a little of white vinyl on sides) ... but overall I think it came out really good ... and it is transparent so lights up nice ! This was more difficult than I expected ... getting the color and size just right ... getting the vinyl on the transparency without any air bubbles (took 2 tries ... and vinyl so sticky can't remove it once it's stuck ... so print a few of the transparency) ... and getting the whole thing positioned exactly where I wanted it on the back glass ....
    P.S. Before I started this, I sealed the Back Glass was sealed with Krylon Triple Thick. I covered the bad area with a piece of poster board (so I could scrape it off later) ... I should have scraped it off and then sealed it ... because now the edges of the good area are not really "sealed" down (after scraping) ... and if I ever tried to peel up this "decal" it would probably pull some of the good paint .... FYI > in case you try this at home.
    P.S.S. When printing the transparency > we ended up leaving the printer preference to "normal" (paper) ... NOT "print a transparency" ... as the ink seemed thicker and more vivid with normal printing.

IMG_1682 (resized).JPGIMG_1682 (resized).JPGIMG_1684 (resized).JPGIMG_1684 (resized).JPGIMG_1686 (resized).JPGIMG_1686 (resized).JPG
    #8 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Looks nice.
    Fortunately the missing paint to the upper left of your decal
    does look like a cloud, so not too noticeable.
    Overall a big improvement.

THANK YOU ... learning experience ...
    missing paint (looks like cloud) > RIGHT ! I will probably touch that up and some small flakes in Blue when I get a chance ...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SpaceTimeGuy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-photo-of-1960-s-gottlieb-bg-gt-players1or2-can-play-at-same-time?tu=SpaceTimeGuy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.