(Topic ID: 187454)

Need Part Suppliers for High Flyer

By corkgiants

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Getting this 1977 BAlly bingo game in shape and have a few parts needed. Best place for these:

Red plastic cover over the ball launcher,

Two bolts that hold glass bar down. They have wing nuts on them to hold bar in place. BTW mine is snapped off, how the heck do you get inside the bar (metal and wood combo part) to get to the bolt head?

The plate onto which the balls on launched on to. Has lines for accurate plunging. My plate is beat to heck.

Pins (that look like finishing nails) on the playfield
    Legs and bolts
    Leg mounting plate (bolts screw into these)
    New power cord
    coin door, coin switch
    All buttons on the front of the coin door. Anyone make new shiny nice ones?

Thanks for any ideas !

#2 6 years ago

Some easy, some tough:

Red lifter cover: Marco Specialties used to carry the plain lifter covers used for this game http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-153A

You might email them and ask if they plan to get more in stock.

Bolts: I think you'll likely destroy the metal cladding to get at those bolts. Probably easier to find a lockbar. Joe Shope is probably your guy. His contact info is on the suppliers page on bingo.cdyn.com.

Those plates are almost universally beat up. That's a tough one. A man in the Netherlands has reproduced them, but importing one might be very very expensive.

Legs and bolts - Joe Shope again is probably your first choice here. Bolts you can use any pinball leg bolt, but the legs are specific to the later bingos (metal with extra anti-cheat welded plate).

Power cord - Steve Young (pbresource.com) sells power cords that are universal. If you want a flat one like the original, you could use an extension cord and cut off the female end.

Coin door: Joe Shope. Coin switch: just about any supplier - Bally used microswitches. To test your switch, but your meter on resistance and click the switch down. Measure across the connected tabs underneath and see if the meter shows 0 Ohms. When you let go of the switch, this number should increase.

Buttons: not really. You can check with Joe, but often, you're better off repainting. High Flyer has only the red button, correct?

#3 6 years ago

Can also try Jim Holder for parts; he's on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/jim.holder.560

#4 6 years ago

Let me know what you got so far. I have everything you need.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-part-suppliers-for-high-flyer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.