Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by colocole
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

On the metal guide between the SPIN lane and the ACROBAT lane, I think I'm missing a blue rubber pad. I checked the manual, but it does not seem to be listed.

Does anyone know the part number for this rubber pad?

Thanks!

#4 2 years ago

Thanks for the information! I see there is a hole in the guide to mount the rubber. Any idea on how it is fastened to the rail?

Rob

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Thanks for the information! I see there is a hole in the guide to mount the rubber. Any idea on how it is fastened to the rail?
Rob

The blue pad was originally attached with WMS part number 04-10253-1, which is an inverted version of the one used in RFM, MB, NBAFB and one other game I think. I've never seen one for sale and most games I've seen in the wild (mine included) either has no rubber pad there at all or it's been just screwed on there which leaves a screw head and / or nut exposed to ball strikes. Of course no rubber pad leaves the end of the ball guide exposed to direct ball strikes.

1 year later
#6 1 year ago

Just resurrecting this thread. I'm still looking for p/n 04-10253-1 for my CV. This is the right side blue rubber ball guide thingy.

I recall someone was going to make these, after securing a sample. Did this ever happen?

Rob

#7 1 year ago

Hey Rob
Pinbits made some but are now out of stock.
https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_4&products_id=193&zenid=r8m97jshiqs0jtoctgjs0f5b32
Give Pam a call at Pinbits and check when/if they will be remade.
Wally

#8 1 year ago

I used one of the Stern blue nubs of death, not sure of the part number but I think it's in the link ForceFlow mentioned above. I then had the metal piece made by my nephew who works at a metal fabrication place based off dimensions someone else sent me from theirs. I thought about having him make more and probably could if someone really needs one and PinBits doesn't have any more.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I used one of the Stern blue nubs of death, not sure of the part number but I think it's in the link ForceFlow mentioned above. I then had the metal piece made by my nephew who works at a metal fabrication place based off dimensions someone else sent me from theirs. I thought about having him make more and probably could if someone really needs one and PinBits doesn't have any more.

The metal pieces with part numbers are below.

For CV:
P/N 04-10253-1 (rhs)
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_4&products_id=193&zenid=370857fe73047b174abb583aaf87f193

For MB:
P/N 04-10253 (lhs)
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_7&products_id=170

Pinbits used to make these two metal parts, but they have been out of stock since May of 2012 when I last corresponded with Pam Reynolds of Pinbits on this issue. I am not sure why they have not been remade in the past 6 years, but there must be a reason as there is certainly a demand.

If your nephew has the tools and skills to make this piece he could sell several of these as they are not available now and have not been available for several years. I would buy one for MB and one for CV if they are available.

Gord

#10 1 year ago

aniraf was able to get not one, but two of them from Pinbits about one year ago by calling them (the first one broke and they sent him another one), so maybe try calling them?? If not he is also the one who gave me all the measurements for the part I had fabricated.

2 months later
#11 1 year ago

I’d buy one for CV, mine’s missing too...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside