Topic poll

“Which pro to choose?”

• The Walking Dead 31 votes
    69%
  • Game of Thrones 14 votes
    31%

(45 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 8 years ago

I am not a fan of either show. However it seems people were very excited about these games when the first came out. Now that the honeymoon phase is over, which pro model is the better choice? Also why you like it. If you don't like a game for a particular reason, please share.

The pro model is the only thing on the table, of course premium editions offer more, but for more money so I would like to compare apples to apples if you would.

Thanks guys and gales

#2 8 years ago

Don't do GOT pro, your missing the upper playing field which really makes that pin.

#3 8 years ago

TWD. I played both and ended up buying a TWD LE but I really liked the pro TWD. GOT just did not do it for me. Seemed clunky and weird. Just my two cents.

#4 8 years ago

I own a TWD pro. I HATED this game when I first played it on location with early code. I heard all the rave reviews with new code and found a good deal on a pro. I really like it now. It's a great game. I've only played GOT pro a dozen or so times and haven't really dug into the rules. So I'm not saying TWD is better, because I really don't know, but I'm saying it's a really great game and you can't go wrong there! Best of luck with your decision.

#5 8 years ago

TWD pro all the way. GoT pro is a good game, but TWD pro is a GREAT game.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Don't do GOT pro, your missing the upper playing field which really makes that pin.

Go to the Got pro, your missing the upper playfield that breaks the awesome flow that this table has.

Got pro is a great game but i can't tell you if is better or not TWD coz i do not have played it yet. and even if i could tell u, it would be totally subjective.

#7 8 years ago

I have a GOT pro and a TWD premium. I LOVE my GOT pro, just amazing rules and fun to shoot.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

This is one title that the pro > PREM for gameplay aesthetics. The pro is just so fun to shoot, the PREM not so much.

As for the title of this thread. Go TWD if you want an obscure and brutal cheap drain layout with amazing rules. And go with GOT if you want a simple fast fun layout with amazing rules.

GOT still needs help in the sounds dept. it's missing a lot. But I also know Dwight isn't quite done with the code on it.

Overall; art, sounds, animations, and overall code go to TWD. Lyman nailed TWD with code and rules but I still give the edge to GOT for overall Gameplay and rules. GOT PRO is a fun shooters nearly every game. TWD can be frustrating and only have that fun factor experience from time to time.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

I have a GOT pro and a TWD premium. I LOVE my GOT pro, just amazing rules and fun to shoot.

you mean that you prefer the Got pro?
i will add it very soon in my line-up after having played it at home on location. it feels to me great, best combos and fast machine ever made imo.
i'm just thinking about a TWD premium too as i like the show and the great feedback about the gameplay.
can you tell me what these 2 games can get in common in the way to play them?

#10 8 years ago

I LOVE both of these games, and hope to add TWD Pro soon. If I could only have one, and we are assuming that GOt's code is complete, I would take TWD. It's just so much harder and it would keep my interest longer I think.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I LOVE both of these games, and hope to add TWD Pro soon. If I could only have one, and we are assuming that GOt's code is complete, I would take TWD. It's just so much harder and it would keep my interest longer I think.

you think there will no more Got update code?

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

TWD pro all the way. GoT pro is a good game, but TWD pro is a GREAT game.

What he said

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

you mean that you prefer the Got pro?
i will add it very soon in my line-up after having played it at home on location. it feels to me great, best combos and fast machine ever made imo.
i'm just thinking about a TWD premium too as i like the show and the great feedback about the gameplay.
can you tell me what these 2 games can get in common in the way to play them?

There is just something about playing through the houses, and how the rules apply to each. I love being able to play with each different house as each has their own pros and cons. The flow of the pro is just amazing, ball is pretty much always on the move and coming back at you. I love my TWD prem but sometimes I feel cheated by it, coming out of the pops to go straight down the middle or sdtm from prison door magnet. I have tried a lot of fixes but still get them from time to time.

There just something that keeps me coming back to GOT pro time and time again.

#14 8 years ago

GoT has many different ways to play the game. TWD has many objectives, but hitting the target bank is the only way to progress deep into the game.

Since you don't care about either theme I think GoT will give you more variety and be more fun in the long run.

#15 8 years ago

Played both and twd has so much more to offer imo. Plus since your not a fan of the show twd is basically just a generic zombie themed pin.

#16 8 years ago

TWD pro was really good out of the box but with the" cleland" upgrade for tv character voices it's AMAZING! And I can say that new code is tip top.
GOT pro is not as revised as TWD just yet in code but it could happen.
If it were my money I would buy TWD all over again.
Mike

#17 8 years ago

Make the short drive to Omaha, both are listed at locations for play. Play both and buy the one that you enjoy the most.

#18 8 years ago

I'm stuck on this one as well. One big factor is that I feel like I'd be missing important features going with the pro version of TWD (Walker bombs especially) versus GOT where I don't want the Premium's main addition (the upper playing field). For practical purposes this means TWD would end up costing me quite a bit more money.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

I am the other way around. I like the pro a lot more than the prem/le.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I am the other way around. I like the pro a lot more than the prem/le.

I can't decide which one I like more. The two games are VERY different, that's for sure.

#21 8 years ago

Well, I am going to say GOT Pro, because I love GOT Pro.

You will find that there are huge fans of both games, and both will defend the one they like.

As for why, the rules on GOT are a blast. There are a lot of ways to play it, and you have the ability to switch things up along the way. The mini wizard mode (Hand of the King) is fun, but I find it difficult. I haven't been to the Iron Throne mode, but others have. I enjoy playing it a lot, and sometimes the scoring possibilities with the multipliers can get nuts. It makes you decide if you want to make the shot you need, or try and increase the multipliers first.

As for TWD, I've played it a bunch, but it never clicked with me. All of my play on the newest software has been on location, and the game is constantly full of cheap drains. I don't find it fun like the brutality of Iron Man, but instead just unfair. This is much worse on location with a tight tilt. It is a constant nudge fest to try to save balls, which leads to lots of tilts and frustration on location. Maybe some day it will click for me, but it hasn't yet.

BUT, because they both have their fans, I would still venture saying that they are both excellent games. Just because I don't like TWD doesn't mean it is a bad game, it just doesn't fit me. But GOT does fit, and man, that game is a blast.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-opinions-twd-or-got-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.