Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by hawkeye11
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4951.JPG
IMG_4950.JPG

#1 9 years ago

Need some help deciding on which color(s) I should get for the post sleeves in my machine. I want to get the rubber ones out as they leave black tracks in the machine. Right now I'm thinking all white, but I was also considering a combination of Orange (near Lost Mine & Extra Ball) and white everywhere else. There are 11 posts in all (book says 9, but points at 11).

Here is where I plan to buy them at: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1322&parent=91

I attached some pics. I tried to point out where the posts where that I'm looking to cover.

Also, I paid $2500 for this. I didn't know much about pinball and everything that goes into them, so I didn't know what to look for. Other than a couple dinged mountains and one with a hole in it, it all plays really well. Still need to give it a proper cleaning. The guys has helped me out with advice and help when I have had questions. Did I get taken?

IMG_4950.JPG IMG_4951.JPG

#2 9 years ago

I would match the playfield colours under the posts, Blue for the blue water areas, white for white water areas, orange where there are rocks on playfield under the posts.

Unless the rubber on the posts is starting to crack/flake off. The black track are actually carbon from the contacts in the machine sticking to the ball by static. It is in the ball trough, under the plastics and probably stuck inside all the light inserts under the playfield. If you tear the playfield down and clean it up it will never get as bad again.

I think that would look pretty sweet with custom posts.
Great looking pin whatever you decide.

#3 9 years ago

I've got blue ones installed in mine. Looks spiffy.

#4 9 years ago

Any pictures you can post? I'd love to see how it looks.

#5 9 years ago

I'd say whichever color looks best to you. Your the one thats gonna be looking at it the most. : )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside