11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Delete

#2 11 years ago

thats a decent price.. wear is the factor if you are in the market I'd snag it.. not nearly up for sale as often as simpsons..

#3 11 years ago

Depends on that little wear...... If it's bad, then the price is a bit high. The glow dolls shouldn't add much to the value but the shaker is a good thing for that game

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from Billm0066:

I was offered a HUO IM for $4,500. It is in excellent condition. It has illuminated Iron Man, Monger, War Machine , and a shaker motor. He said the machine has very little wear including near the magnets. Does this sound like a decent deal? Do they typically go up in value when a movie releases? I was trying to find a Simpsons, but those are all coming up around the same price. It doesn't seem like these come up for sale as much as Simpsons.

Where is this located? Not in Buffalo is it? That one was not HUO.

#5 11 years ago

Not Buffalo. I have seen photos and the wear is very minimal. Almost not worth mentioning.

#6 11 years ago

Buy it.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Billm0066:

Not Buffalo. I have seen photos and the wear is very minimal. Almost not worth mentioning.

If you have been wanting a IM you may not find a much better price in the future if they dont ever make another run of them.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Billm0066:

I have seen photos and the wear is very minimal.

Care to share? It's hard for us to accurately judge a game's value without seeing the photos for ourselves.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Billm0066:

I'd say go for it if the wear is minimal. $4500 is not a bad price for a HUO IM IMHO.

#10 11 years ago

that's cheap, it's not going to sit if everything else checks out. high demand and you don't see them come up often. i'd grab it before someone else does.

#11 11 years ago

#12 11 years ago

The game shouldn't have any wear anywhere for $4500, IMHO.

#13 11 years ago

doesn't look huo to me. lightly routed and then home use. but still a great deal

#14 11 years ago

Based on those photos, I think it's a good price. What does the shooter lane look like?

#15 11 years ago

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Billm0066:

There's not very many IM threads showing prices here, and nothing on ebay either. I am looking to buy this game to keep for a long time, but there is a small chance I might have to sell in January or February. I am moving out of state for work, and depending where I go is going to determine if I can keep this or not. I would like to know that if I buy this I can break even or make a couple hundred to help cover rental costs, gas, and time. I have no pins in my house at the moment and it sucks. If I get to enjoy it for at least 3-4 months then that's cool, I will just buy another once I get settled. I had thought I read that these are $5,000+ pins, but it looks like my assumption is wrong.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-huo-im

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-huo-im-afm

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-hum-hot-red-im

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups=#!searchin/rec.games.pinball/fs$20iron$20man|sort:date/rec.games.pinball/1NXwTTF7Dyg/dcR1YCoGQTEJ

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups=#!searchin/rec.games.pinball/fs$20iron$20man|sort:date/rec.games.pinball/mWh4TCpYtWc/kE7z6QMYTMgJ

There are a lot more.

#17 11 years ago

upgrade the coils and max the pitch and it's sterns fastest game. it's one of the top 3 pinball machines imo.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Billm0066:

You just made me realize I suck searching on this site. My issue is that it's pulling in every post with the work Iron Man, or IM so i'm getting a lot of irrelevant stuff. Thank you! I really appreciate the help.

Start search with "fs im" in Find a topic.

#20 11 years ago

I'd offer 4K and Rock n Roll!
Iron Man's a great game.

#21 11 years ago

That's an excellent deal at $4500.

#22 11 years ago

the wear is not that bad, buy it, they are hard to find.

#23 11 years ago

Hurry up and buy it already!!!

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

the wear is not that bad, buy it, they are hard to find.

Quoted from kwiKimart:

Hurry up and buy it already!!!

Agree. If you want one might be your best chance.

#25 11 years ago

The mods to figures are $140 to $180 a piece alone.

#26 11 years ago

I would buy it at that price. If you don't like it, you should be able to sell it fairly easily with minimal loss and possible gain.
Probable worst case scenario, you get yourself a cheap, or free, iron man for a few months. Probable best case scenario, you get yourself a keeper at a decent price. Not bad either way.

#27 11 years ago

i would buy it too

#28 11 years ago

Is where you live a secret?

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Is where you live a secret?

It is if he wants the game. Obviously others would snatch this up quickly.

#30 11 years ago

seriously.. dont even think about it.. just get it.. if not pass it on to us wolves

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

doesn't look huo to me. lightly routed and then home use. but still a great deal

+1. But if you go the by the price of what routed SM's seem to go for compared to HUO SM's, $4500 seems about right for a routed IM with the add-ons this one has (Shaker $150, +$150 for the toys).

#32 11 years ago

Buy that thing! It's worth it. Anyone who has tried to find a IM in the last year knows how hard these are to find.

#33 11 years ago

Good price, nice opportunity, don't delay or you'll lose it.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

There are a lot more.

To be fair, those are a bunch of machines that people changed the cabinet armor on, which is in my opinion a really drastic mod to the machine... one that looks great too.

I'd say that your price is just about right. Mine came with a few less mods and had just a little wear that was similar - or at least I think it did, or it happened to mine right after I got it - for a little less than that. I upgraded the Monger since getting it, since I had actually thought that was stock when I bought the machine, and was surprised to see that it wasn't.

If you need to sell it, you should be able to get a similar price for it when you go to sell in a few months. As someone else has said, they don't pop up too often.

#35 11 years ago

Buy it. Good price.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-opinions-huo-im-4500-exc-condition-with-some-mods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.