Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by RyanStl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

stick a fork in me (resized).png
    #1 2 years ago

Since I am not currently in the market for an overpriced pinball, I am soliciting opinions, on a Sunday morning question. I have a bottle of Pompeian Extra Virgin olive oil, that went out of date on May 24th 2018, will it be suitable to use as tire shine?

#2 2 years ago

I’d say slather it on your body as a tanning oil. Get that George Hamilton look.

#3 2 years ago

Yes!!

#4 2 years ago

Had my daughter spill liquid on our leather ottoman and had a huge spot in the leather. I tried to get it out with no luck, I ended up coating the entire ottoman in olive oil and it worked great as the leather absorbed the oil.

Can also use as a bronzing agent but be careful...

stick a fork in me (resized).pngstick a fork in me (resized).png
    #5 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Can also use as a bronzing agent but be carefu

Forgot the best pic ... turkey body , Kramer head !

#6 2 years ago

Alcohol involved?

#7 2 years ago

Do you have a girlfriend/wife, if so apply liberally...

#8 2 years ago

Can't help you without detailed high resolution photos of the bottle, label, cap, the oil itself, any mods and the cabinet it has been stored in.

#9 2 years ago

First coat did not produce a sheen. Kinda cleaned the wall of the tire, I will apply a second coat liberally, and report back.

#10 2 years ago

Reminds me of a pretty epic thread on a car forum I used to follow. New Porsche owner brought home his car from the dealer and decided to use tire shine on the tires so they would be “jet fockin black” (his actual words). Bad news is he used the tire shine on the tread as well and then went for a joy ride. Lost control and totaled the car. Much hilarity ensued on the thread.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

First coat did not produce a sheen. Kinda cleaned the wall of the tire, I will apply a second coat liberally, and report back.

Take pics after you drive and it slings all over the car

#12 2 years ago

Is this actually a thing, using olive oil as a tire shine? I’ve never heard of this. Is the dilemma the fact that it’s expired, or just the question of using olive oil as tire shine?

#13 2 years ago

You are doing it wrong.

1) apply entire bottle to tread section of rear tires (assuming this is a RWD vehicle)

2) find empty road

3) put transmission in N (assuming again it's an auto)

4) rev engine right up to the red line

5) slam car into D

#14 2 years ago

Expired olive oil?
    If it smells ok it could be fine.
    skin, hair, nails -not sure about tires.
    show us pics how it goes.

#15 2 years ago

If you kept it in your pantry this whole time it's still good. Sunlight ducks up olive oil. That's why the bottle is green. Also always buy olive oil in glass containers. Always buy non-organic extra virgin oil.

Car sheen? Sure. Molotov cocktail? Hell yeah!

#16 2 years ago

Be a pioneer and experiment with it. Maybe a substitute for Botox?

#17 2 years ago

I do have some monster bags under my eyes... Anybody got a used hypo they can ship me for free?

#18 2 years ago

My dogs like a little olive oil drizzled on their dry food. They wouldn't mind if it was a bit expired.

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

I do have some monster bags under my eyes... Anybody got a used hypo they can ship me for free?

There was that “Gorilla glue” girl. Turned out to be disastrous but she made out well financially.

#20 2 years ago

On a side note, I did bite on the Plexiderm trial, and it is indeed a good temp fix!

#21 2 years ago

We need before after pics of said tire. If it works on the tire maybe you could refresh all your pinball rubbers with the bespoke olive oil.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-opinions- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.