1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Profgrif
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Hello all!

Since GPE has been closed down does anyone know another source for 28 pin .100 connectors, and other various length connectors? My prayers go out to Ed at GPE, I have only bought from him for many years but I keep more connectors now!
    Thanks everyone

#2 1 year ago

I sure hope GPE will reopen soon. Such a great supply of items much needed.

#4 1 year ago

Wrong post :/

Found a 28-pin on eBay though: ebay.com link: itm

#5 1 year ago

Big Daddy is an option for 28-pin housings and other sizes but you have to get them in connector kits - see their MPU board and lamp driver board connector kits for 28-pin.

https://www.bigdaddy-enterprises.com/repairkits/bally_kits.htm

#6 1 year ago

Pinball Life has 0.100 IDC connectors, although I don't see 28 pin connectors there:
    https://www.pinballlife.com/molex-100-idc-connectors-and-parts.html
    You might ask them if they have some that are not shown on the website.

#7 1 year ago

In stock at Pinball Resource.
    http://www.pbresource.com/molex.html

#8 1 year ago

I split the 28 pin connector order with Pinball Resource - he should have a ton of them in stock. Without Steve (PBR) helping with splitting the order in the beginning - I wouldn't have been able to afford the initial custom tooling fee and minimum order. Plus Steve convinced me to order them as white instead of the usual light tan color for these connector (no cost difference so why not?).
    I also provided some to Big Daddy awhile back.
    I still have 9K of the 28-pin plugs in stock plus about 33K of the 2 through 25-pin plugs.

Still considering what to do about my business. Right now - I am very seriously considering selling it off. When you accumulate about 1.5M parts, selling off a parts business is tough. The most probable solution - I will be selling parts again but getting out at the same time. Business will be up for sale but until something happens, I will be selling parts. I do not anticipate restocking parts as they sell out although I have several long lead time parts still on order (e.g. electrolytic capacitors).
    However I will not be opening in the near future. Just to 'help' things, my son and I have both come down with Covid.
    More news will follow when I get back into the swing of things.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from G-P-E:

I split the 28 pin connector order with Pinball Resource - he should have a ton of them in stock. Without Steve (PBR) helping with splitting the order in the beginning - I wouldn't have been able to afford the initial custom tooling fee and minimum order. Plus Steve convinced me to order them as white instead of the usual light tan color for these connector (no cost difference so why not?).
    I also provided some to Big Daddy awhile back.
    I still have 9K of the 28-pin plugs in stock plus about 33K of the 2 through 25-pin plugs.
    Still considering what to do about my business. Right now - I am very seriously considering selling it off. When you accumulate about 1.5M parts, selling off a parts business is tough. The most probable solution - I will be selling parts again but getting out at the same time. Business will be up for sale but until something happens, I will be selling parts. I do not anticipate restocking parts as they sell out although I have several long lead time parts still on order (e.g. electrolytic capacitors).
    However I will not be opening in the near future. Just to 'help' things, my son and I have both come down with Covid.
    More news will follow when I get back into the swing of things.

Wow! Thanks Ed for responding here! I can only wish you and your family the best! What you have done for the pinball community over the years has been priceless! All my prayers and wishes go out to you and your son on a quick recovery from Covid! I will keep an eye on your site and when I see it back open will prepare to make a large order to really stock up!
    Thanks again for everything!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-new-source-100-connector-plug-for-bally-stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.