• Latest reply 8 years ago by Taxman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I picked up a Junkyard with a couple of minor issues. IPDB only has a 16 page OP manual and one service bulletin. I have not set it up yet would like to get my documentation together for when I do.

The crane has the ball resting on the playfield while at rest but has not damaged the playfield "yet" but this needs to stop. It registers hits and picks up the ball out of the way for multiball but comes down too low and lays on the PF. I'm sure there is a stop / rest adjustment. If not I guess I can shorten the chain, but I want to do it right.

There were also some switch errors. Most cleared when I triggered with finger in switch edge test. One I did not know where it was. Something like "Lock 1 Up". But I'm pretty sure I was able to get the ball lock to work on the mini van ramp and get MB that way.

Still these seemed like minor issues on a game it very good condition so I picked it up. I wish I had scanned in my original manual before selling my old one years ago but never thought I would buy one back.

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance - Dave

#2 8 years ago

Show us a pic of the ole ball and chain.
For sure you are correct the ball from the crane should not touch the playfield.
Maby sombody modyfided the chain length?

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

Show us a pic of the ole ball and chain.
For sure you are correct the ball from the crane should not touch the playfield.
Maby sombody modyfided the chain length?

Can't take a pic since it is not setup. I don't want to setup until I'm all set to work on it. I figured I should get a Cliffy for the sewer and have a manual ready for the adjusting and switch.

#4 8 years ago

Is this the one from CT?

#5 8 years ago

Yes, I am in CT and I bought it in CT. Minor issues (crane, switches, coin door interlock), cosmetically nice. It was so similar in condition to one I sold a few about 5 years ago I thought it might be the same one.

#6 8 years ago

I was gonna look at that but it was just a bit too far andI am out of room. Glad it's still around the northeast. Enjoy and Good luck with it.

#7 8 years ago

There are 4 nuts that secure the wrecking ball mech to the backboard. Loosen the 4 nuts & slide the mech to the desired position.( the holes are slotted) Don't raise it too high , the crane arm will hit the glass. My wrecking ball is about a credit card thickness from the playfield @ full droop.image.jpgimage.jpg

#8 8 years ago

Taxman , hook up us JY owners w/ a CDMD!

#9 8 years ago

I have a perfect and original, NOS Williams, (not a reprint) manual....$36.00 shipped USPS Priority...

Mick

PS and a shopped JY machine too for sale soon, in the Chicago area...($3,200.00) range...

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

There are 4 nuts that secure the wrecking ball mech to the backboard. Loosen the 4 nuts & slide the mech to the desired position.( the holes are slotted) Don't raise it too high , the crane arm will hit the glass. My wrecking ball is about a credit card thickness from the playfield @ full droop.image.jpg

Perfect! Thank You!

This shows me everything to set and check. Probably just slid down in the slots a bit after years of play.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Taxman , hook up us JY owners w/ a CDMD!

I doubt it is high on Randy's list of most requested games.

I know, I know, but Popeye was a special case (see the trouble you cause Phoebe)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-junkyard-manual-and-crane-adjust-diagram and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.