Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200330_125722 (resized).jpg
20200330_125734 (resized).jpg
DSCN8719 (resized).JPG
Jokerz PF pivot (resized).JPG
#1 4 years ago

I've got a misaligned PF on my 02/89 WMS Jokerz that appears to be missing parts at its pivot points. The black pivot bolt that goes through the left side of the cab is bent off-center and loose in it's hole which throws the playfield alignment way off when it's closed down at the lock bar. The right pivot bolt is the same way, except that it has a washer between the bracket and cab wall. I found a bushing and nut down inside the cabinet that hint they belong to this assembly. The bushing fits perfectly over the pivot bolt and inside the PF bracket slot. Can someone please provide a proper photo of how this assembly should look? I'm thinking there should be a bushing on both pivot bolts secured by washers and a lock nut to secure the bolt tightly against the cab wall. Thanks for any help!

DSCN8719 (resized).JPGDSCN8719 (resized).JPGJokerz PF pivot (resized).JPGJokerz PF pivot (resized).JPG
#2 4 years ago

Do these help?

20200330_125722 (resized).jpg20200330_125722 (resized).jpg20200330_125734 (resized).jpg20200330_125734 (resized).jpg
#3 4 years ago

That's what I thought - I'm missing those shoulder nuts. Thanks for taking the time to take pics and share!

Curious if you have any PF alignment issues at the lockdown bar strip when you lower the PF. Mine doesn't line up properly and it's very difficult to get the hooks in their slots in order to install the lockdown bar. If so, how does one adjust that? Those pivot brackets in the photos don't show any means for adjustment.

#4 4 years ago

I have no issues with Jokerz! playfield but my Police Force has the same setup and is missing those nuts, I end up lowering the playfield then 'jamming' it back a bit on the left side to get it to set in correctly.

Will be curious to see if you find a good solution as I have never seen those nuts for sale.

OK - maybe these are them - from Pinball Life. Says for WPC era but might work

7/8" playfield pivot nut. Also known as a castle nut. Used on many Williams/Bally WPC era pinball machines.

Williams/Bally reference #02-4329-1.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=02-4329-1

#5 4 years ago

I found in my scrap hardware two 1/2" steel bushings that fit perfectly over the bolt ends. So I added a flat washer against the cab wall -- the other side already had one -- then slid the bushings over the bolts as I raised each cab side so that it fit tightly inside the bracket, then topped each of bolt ends with a nylock nut. That solved the sloppy movement of the loose bolts and PF pivoting -- nice, smooth and solid -- and brought the two cab pivot bolts back into their true stock position. Except now my PF alignment at the lockdown bar is worse! Gotta jam a screwdriver to get the tabs into their slots. When I do get them in, there's a difference of over 1/2" gap left to right. I don't see any means of adjusting the PF positioning at the brackets. So either the cab is out of square or the PF is warped? I can find no damage anywhere. Any advice is welcome!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-jokerz-pf-pivot-hinge-pic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.