6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Aladdin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg

#1 6 years ago

I've got $400 bucks in Visa Gift Cards that are burning a hole in my pocket!
    How can I buy a pinball with them? Since I can't turn them into cash, I need a Retail Establishment.
    I need ideas people!
    Should I go to Gamexchange in Denver and buy a game there? I don't want to pay retail though.
    I'm too cheap! Should I ask if they have an 1980's project machine?
    Thanks!image.jpg

#2 6 years ago

I'd look into filling in some much needed items.

A good desoldering thingy. More parts. iPad ( so airline doesn't keep commandeering my lap top and losing it ).

I'd think up things that you always keep putting off for one reason or another.

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

You can turn them into cash. Simple. When you go to the gas station, pay with the gift card and pocket the cash that you would have used instead. Do this at the grocery store as well, etc.... It won't take long to spend $400. Just use the cards instead of your money and pocket the cash. $400 might not buy much of a pin but it's a good start.

#4 6 years ago

i had a bunch of gift cards i wanted cash for. you can use them on paypal, this is what i did. linked them up, sent the cash to a friend and then he deposited it to his bank and then withdrew it and gave it to me. yes you lose 3 percent but sometimes thats easier then having to do other things with them. 3% of 400 is only 12 bucks.

#5 6 years ago

I like the Gas idea. Perhaps a Color DMD for my CFTBL? Lloyd, I already spent $3.95 on a Radio Shack desoldering bulb!

#6 6 years ago

I take all my Visa GC's and buy myself Amazon.com GC's then apply to my account. I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon so it's an easy conversion for me.

#7 6 years ago

If you are buying from an individual, maybe they'll take them instead of cash? I used to do home sales, and I always would take people's gift cards instead of cash/credit right after the holidays as long as I could verify that they weren't used and still had the amount on them. They'd buy more just to get rid of a gift card they didn't want, so I'd make more then have cards to give out as gifts, raffle prizes, or spend myself.

#8 6 years ago

If a private seller would take them, that would be ideal. They could just verify right there. Lots of trust involved on their part.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I'd look into filling in some much needed items.
    A good desoldering thingy. More parts. iPad ( so airline doesn't keep commandeering my lap top and losing it ).
    I'd think up things that you always keep putting off for one reason or another.

I feel like buying LTG an ipad for chirstmas, I can tell he really wants one.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

I feel like buying LTG an ipad for chirstmas, I can tell he really wants one.

Please don't. I know your heart is in a good place.

I don't have any up coming flights, so it's not a necessity.

I might try and find one before I travel again. I drag my laptop with, with all my stuff to help with tech support and what not, and even though my suitcase fits their carry on size, I always seem to get tossed into baggage so they have room for all the extra crap every other moron decided to bring with that isn't supposed to be in the cabin. And then I can sit a watch everyone else watching movies, reading email, news, playing games.

And after three hours of nothing to do, I know I'll be down at baggage claim waiting for my suitcase they always lose.

So the plan is for smaller, and just a gym bag or something they hopefully won't take from me.

#11 6 years ago

"$400 might not buy much of a pin"
    Right! I want to use the $400 in addition to what I might spend.

#12 6 years ago

There's another retail place not too far from Game Exchange called Universal Sales and Service. I bought my first two machines there. In my experience the owner (Todd) is a stand-up guy and willing to deal. You're much more likely to find a decent sub-$1,000 machine there than at Game Exchange.

Quoted from LTG:

I drag my laptop with, with all my stuff to help with tech support and what not, and even though my suitcase fits their carry on size, I always seem to get tossed into baggage so they have room for all the extra crap every other moron decided to bring with that isn't supposed to be in the cabin.

Why don't you have a laptop case?! It's a lot cheaper than an iPad and fits under the seat.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Kurisu:

Why don't you have a laptop case?! It's a lot cheaper than an iPad and fits under the seat.

Good idea in retrospect.

I was going to fly with laptop. So I buy a small suitcase slightly smaller than carry on limits. Then started running into having it not allowed because everyone else dragged on things they shouldn't have.

So if I had it to do over again, I would have bought a slightly larger lap top case and stuck my unmentionables in there too.

So now that lap top may not be used for flying, I'm not spending money on something I may not need.

#14 6 years ago

LTG, I fly all the time. A backpack works great. It can fit under the seat if you need it to. I got tired of trying to "look" professional with a leather brief. A sport backpack holds my laptop, iPad, projector, water bottle, headphones, papers, etc, etc. -Best thing ever.

Kurisu-
    I had forgotten about Universal, I went to their shop years ago and they were very cool. Thanks for the tip.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 1,200.00
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 27.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 4,199.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 150.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 100.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 199.99
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Plastics
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    £ 50.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 254.99
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside