Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pins2.JPG
pins1.JPG
fuseclips2.JPG
fuseclipjoints.JPG
fuseclips1.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jibmums.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I've never done board work before, so this will be my first attempt; please excuse the noobish questions. Below are photos of my DE Simpsons 520-5033-00 flipper board. There are two issues that need addressing:

1. You can see in the pics that the fuse clips have some degree of corrosion on them. Will these still work well enough if I hit them up with a Dremel wire brush, or should I solder new ones in? I don't want to take any chances on frying my coils. I need to replace a couple anyway, as there are some joints under the board that are cold, and on a couple the solder is missing altogether. Whatever the case, are these the correct clips for replacement - http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/FHPCB ? My mounting holes are a hair less than 5/16" apart, and my fuses are 1 1/4" long, so I am guessing so.

2. The connector pins in the photos are also a bit dull, I don't know if this is due to corrosion or wear/age. Should these be replaced now, or should I just wait until the machine is reassembled and see if the board works with them as-is? Now here's the thing, I don't know a .156" pin from a Molex from any other type of connector, so please help me out with what parts to order here; I'd like to replace both sides (male/female) of the connectors at the same time.

Thanks for the help guys.

fuseclips1.JPGfuseclips1.JPGfuseclips2.JPGfuseclips2.JPGfuseclipjoints.JPGfuseclipjoints.JPGpins1.JPGpins1.JPGpins2.JPGpins2.JPG

#4 9 years ago

Was planning on lots of practice first. Main thing was, I'm going to be ordering parts from a few places this week, so if I needed them, I wanted to make sure of what parts I would need for these jobs and add them into the order.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jibmums.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-helpadvice-replacing-components-on-a-de-flipper-board?tu=jibmums and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.