• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7430 (resized).jpg
IMG_7429 (resized).jpg
IMG_7428 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bpa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I have a Laser Cue project that I recently installed an aftermarket driver/mpu board and power supply. The power supply is made by Gulf Pinball. When it was originally installed, the game would boot up but would randomly reset at times. Now it does not boot up at all. If I have everything plugging into the power supply, I hardly get anything at the 5V test point. But when I disconnect J6, I get 5V at the test point as well as the pins on J6 (I think it is pins 8-10). Once I connect J6, I lose the 5V. Everything else seems to be working ok. I am getting 10V AC out of two wires...J1-10 and J1-11 (for a combined 20V that gets converted to DC on the board). Fuses on board are all fine.

What would cause the power supply to have proper 5V except when a specific plug is plugged into the board?

IMG_7428 (resized).jpgIMG_7428 (resized).jpg

IMG_7429 (resized).jpgIMG_7429 (resized).jpg

IMG_7430 (resized).jpgIMG_7430 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#5 6 years ago

I narrowed it down to the Rottendog board. I remember coming across another post where one of the metal mount tabs was touching the backside of the board where there was a trace. So I put some electrical tape on the tabs and it fired right up! Thanks everyone for the help. Now I need to figure out why one of the drops is not resetting.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bpa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-with-williams-system-7-power-supplyno-5v?tu=bpa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.