• Latest reply 6 years ago by NYP
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

post disappearing (resized).jpg
IMG_3993 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NYP.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Need some help from you E.M gurus, in the middle of a game the plastic post popped off the plunger. PITA to take out BTW but I attached a picture. Is this actually supposed to be a pressure fit? The plastic doesn't look cracked or broken, so I don't see how the roll pin can go through the plastic, does it really just push on from the top and lay on top of that roll pin? Seems like a bad design but I think that about lots of things, anyway TIA for any help.

IMG_3993 (resized).jpgIMG_3993 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Bumpety bump for the evening crowd, where's all the E.M guys?

#4 6 years ago

thanks for that reply, I see it is a pressure fit, seems like a bad design . I'll push it on tight and try it again, if it happens again I'll buy a new cap.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

It probably won't hold, I think it is designed for a one-time snap-on. That's why the removal process is to basically destroy it with pliers. It looks like yours has the slots slightly chewed up from being pulled back off at least once so it probably won't have the holding power of a new one. The good news is you can still get them and they are just a few dollars.

Ah ok I get it now, very good info thank you very much, new one ordered.
Ron

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NYP.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-with-updown-post-between-flippers?tu=NYP and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.