9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

40F2FD98-5797-45ED-9956-D008F2C51E6F (resized).jpeg
#1 9 years ago

Hello My name is Jeremy and I need help with my TOTAN game. Im not a rookie at having pinball machine and most the time I pick them up not working and broken. So this isn't my first day working on machines but honestly I'm stumped. I have had this game for a while and decided to shop it out. I took apart the playfield. took the ramps off, plastics off ect. I have done this before. cleaned up everything put it back together. installed LED's, rubbers, balls ect, Turn game on for the first time this was displayed Check Fuses F101, F109 J127 and the 12 volt opto supply.???? so what the heck. I always double check all my work to make sure every thing is tight and correct. make sure all the switch are functioning, always when you tear down a game this old you find stuff. but the game is in good shape. not route beaten.

So I proceeded to re check everything. The game worked great before I took it apart. I did take the batteries out when I started tear it down, that was right after Christmas. I finished shopping it out mid feb when I first turned it back on. so the game sat for almost 2 months with out the batteries. I checked all connection under the playfield there all good. I never touched one connector in the back box during the shop job. so left clueless I opened the coin door and nothing works hit any switch on the menu bar nothing. so I turned off the game, check fuses right! check 101 and 109 took them and all the fuses out, check resistance and is good, no opens. Check TP 100 12 volt reg, good there, check TP103 un reg 12 volt got power there like 12.8 volts. 5 volt good, 20 volt good. So if the test points are having voltage I assume J27 connector that gets the 12 volts from the transformer are good having good test points. so im even more confused.

To the Opto board. The LED on the opto board is on, check 12 volts from the driver board, also checked at the opto board. check both ground as well. Checked 12 volts going to the trough. 12volts are there. so I did a resistance check on the wiring from the opto board to the CPU wiring good no resistance to the cabinet switch connector. So I was so convinced that the opto board was the culprit. Powers there but nobody home. I seen online that a guy had the same issues on his CV so I double check all my work. make sure before I get replacement that was all I had left. ordered a new one rottondog amusements new design after market board. get it in and NOTHING changed.

Now im pissed. So I open the game back up and rechecked the recheck to see if I had something pluged in wrong. everything looked good. Put game back to together. Yes the balls are in the trough. New batteries. totally lost please help me out I just shopped it and really would like to play it again haven't played yet this year and would love to take it to Midwest gaming classics Jeremy

#2 9 years ago

Do you have another ULN2803A? I'm thinking you may have shorted solenoid voltage to a switch line, taking out the 2803 on the CPU board.

It's socketed from the factory.

#3 9 years ago

I do not. I don't do any circuit board repair. where would I get one?

#5 9 years ago

Thank u. I had to order some parts from pinlife any way. Just trough a few of those in there too.

#6 9 years ago

Thank u both it fixed my problem u20 chip on cpu board socketed

#7 9 years ago

Don't forget to mark your thread resolved

#8 9 years ago

Never did that before. Done

2 years later
#9 6 years ago

I received this same error “check fuses F101 and F109, J127 and opto 12V supply” on my NBA Fastbreak. I tried to reconnect a wire to my lockbar because the shoot light wasn’t working. Not sure if that caused the issue. (Oops, light still out) F109 fuse does look like it blew but F101 seems fine and no clue what J127 or opto 12V are. Can I buy replacement fuses at local hardware store? Any help solving would be greatly appreciated. First pin and i’ve only had it for less than 2 months and clearly not sure what I am doing. Thanks.

40F2FD98-5797-45ED-9956-D008F2C51E6F (resized).jpeg40F2FD98-5797-45ED-9956-D008F2C51E6F (resized).jpeg

#10 6 years ago

Changed some fuses and back in biz.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 36.95
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 84.99
$ 119.99
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-with-totan-check-fuses-f101-f109-j127-the-opto-12v-supply?hl=msteakhaus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.