(Topic ID: 159418)

Need help with System 9 , 11 Power Supply

By Outsidedge

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Outsidedge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hi All,
I am reviving a SS, and in spite of the fact that I have put new(most of them... C1, C3, C10, C5, and C9) caps on the supply board AND replaced all the componants in the upper left area of the board relating (supposedly) to the 100v circuits... I still have the same issue as when I started. No displays. Testing the "3J5" connection I do NOT have +100vdc. I DO have -100vDC, and also the 5 volts.... but no +100vdc. I have tested with the plug on AND off. All fuses are good... and I have replaced the 2 bridges and large cap in the lower right side of the back box with that slick "all in one board" that Marco sells.
Sadly, before I did the high voltage section rebuild, I had the same condition... all was there except the +100vdc. So, all that I did appears to have been.
Any pointers from folks that are experienced here?

#3 7 years ago

Hmmm, thanks. I have replaced all of the components called out (and double checked continuity of traces) to be changed for the HV section that are listed on the repair site. Still no go... I have not replaced the bridge mounted on the board yet though. Outside of that, all I see is one chip, and a few small capacitors (C7,8 and 12). Maybe i will now check all the resistors and such under the IC chip...

#5 7 years ago

Not that I can see. I have an untouched board (that also needs work) that I matched ... plus took photos before removing parts.

#10 7 years ago

Thanks! I have replaced every componant in the HV section including all mentioned above. I discovered (yup! first time doing this) that I need to solder both sides of all the parts as there appears to be traces on BOTH sides of the board. I am going to do this next, and check all continuity for the MILLIONTH time from the fuse to the output pin. I am going to also reflow the pins at the connector going to the displays.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St Charles, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Cabinet parts
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Outsidedge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-with-system-9-11-power-supply?tu=Outsidedge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.