Need help with Super Mario Bros. Gottlieb

By Mezmoron

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Good afternoon everyone!

Pinball newbie here. I was hoping someone could guide me on a few issues in having with my Super Mario Bros. (blue) machine that I got recently.

There are 2 major issues I am having:

My shooter button does not fire the ball when the ball in the shooting lane. If I put the ball in the field of play and score a little, then place the ball back into the shooting lane, the ball is fired back into play. In testing, the solenoid test checks out. Also, in the switch matrix test, the shooter button does show when pressed.

A potentially related issue is the upper left play field trigger. This trigger, on the switch matrix test, always shows as pressed. I can hit any other switch and it always jumps back to that trigger. The trigger itself is not physically touching.

These two problems are not in the same row or column on the switch matrix, but I really have no clue what I need to do. I'm not fantastic with electronics, but I take direction well!

Thanks for any help and if I can clarify anything, please let me know.

#2 8 years ago

Update...in game play, the upper play field target does not register a score.

Is there anyone that owns this machine that can offer any suggestions?

#3 8 years ago

Does the switch in the shooter lane register with a ball on it in test mode. I am not sure but the shooter may not fire if that switch is not registering that a ball has been ejected from the trough into the shooter lane.

On the flipper, check the switch and make sure that the second stack is not already touching. It could be just that it is bend and causing it to read that way. Does the flipper work in game play?

As for the target it might just be a bad smart switch. If so, Steve sells them at Pinball Resource.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 14.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-with-super-mario-bros-gottlieb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.