(Topic ID: 307849)

Need Help With Streaming Equipment

By BMore-Pinball

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Not pinball related, but I know you guys can help.

My wife does online fitness classes for local senior center via Zoom.
    I need to upgrade her streaming equipment so it looks and sounds better for the seniors.
    Currently she just uses her ipad on a tripod but they can't seem to hear the music she plays which i assume may be due to the ipad microphone filtering out background noise.

Anyways, just bought her a new laptop to use - what equipment does she need to improve her setup?
    She has to stick with zoom for software.

#3 2 years ago

For my church I have set them up to stream with a low power FM radio transmitter and USB receiver dongle. This works well, better than Bluetooth which is unreliable because it is such low power. This and a Logitech 1080p camera.

#4 2 years ago

Where’s the music source? If she plays the songs on the iPad, then in Zoom there’s a checkbox to also include the computer audio in the stream. (I assume this option is also in the iPad version of Zoom?) In that case she can listen to the music from the iPad too (and Zoom does a good job with the echo cancelation), or she could wear earbuds.

Other option is to get a small mixer with a mic and your music source, mix them together and then plug that output into the iPad’s headphone / mic combo jack, but that’s more complex and you’d have to deal with the mic rustling and stuff. Honestly the built-in mic & cam on the iPad is pretty impressive, so that first option of using the iPad to play the songs and then also sending that audio to zoom is the cheapest and easiest.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from BrianMadden:

Where’s the music source? If she plays the songs on the iPad, then in Zoom there’s a checkbox to also include the computer audio in the stream. (I assume this option is also in the iPad version of Zoom?) In that case she can listen to the music from the iPad too (and Zoom does a good job with the echo cancelation), or she could wear earbuds.
    Other option is to get a small mixer with a mic and your music source, mix them together and then plug that output into the iPad’s headphone / mic combo jack, but that’s more complex and you’d have to deal with the mic rustling and stuff. Honestly the built-in mic & cam on the iPad is pretty impressive, so that first option of using the iPad to play the songs and then also sending that audio to zoom is the cheapest and easiest.

It's in the background from the stereo
    I will have her check the zoom settings on her ipad and computer

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-with-streaming-equipment and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.