(Topic ID: 175492)

Need help with Sorcerer sound

By rottenrobert1313

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Need some help. I posted in early SS so I'll copy and paste here too.

Sometimes when I fire up a game I have sound. Other times no sound. When playing a game without the sound somtimes it comes on all of a sudden. Then I'll continue to play. So it's got me thinking it's a cold solder joint because when it's not working as it should, I can faintly hear the sounds coming from the back box. So it has the sounds but sometimes they just aren't getting to the speakers.

Updated info...I can still hear sound faintly from the backbox but now have zero sounds from speakers. When I move the volume pot up and down I can hear the speakers get louder and quieter but still no game sounds. I also found one cold solder joint on header pins for speaker. Fixed that and still no sounds from speakers.

Amy suggestions?

Thanks

#2 7 years ago

Check the rom sockets. Are they soldered to the board firmly. Sometimes they get loose..happened on my black knight and the sound was intermittent. I reflowed solder and reseated the roms. Tres good.

#3 7 years ago

Roms looked real good. The only cold solder joint I found was the one for the speakers. And they feel real tight in the sockets. Plus I can hear the sounds at the back box so I know they are being produced but they just aren't getting amplified and sent to the speakers. I'll have to do some more research because it makes me think there is a problem with the amplifier section. Anyone have a good Web link on how to repair that section?

Thanks

#4 7 years ago

Bump for help

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 22.50
$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-with-sorcerer-sound and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.