Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by jrolson
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

My popout kicker in my Williams Comet doesn't seem to be working. When the ball goes in, the fireworks sound doesn't play and the solenoid doesn't kick it out... All wires seem to be connected. I tested the solenoid and it seems fine so is the switch bad?

How do I test a switch?

What else could be wrong if it's not the switch?

Im stumped! please help!

#2 11 years ago

I just fixed a similar problem on a Road Kings and it was the switch. It was clicking when depressng the lever but open circuit.

If you put your multimeter (continuity test) over the two connections (bottom connector on the switch and back connector that the diode is connected to) on the switch and then flick the lever on the switch your meter should show a reading. When you let go the reading should go back to zero. Ddifferent switches different connectors but you will get the jist. Also check the diode by disconnecting one end and again a continuity test neg/pos and pos/neg and you should only get a reading in one direction pos on pos and neg on neg...

Hope this helps

Gary

#3 11 years ago

I had the same problem with my Williams Flash that I fixed yesterday. I just had to adjust the contactors on the switch to get it working right. I could see that when the ball was in the hole the switch wasn't making contact. Hope this helps!

1 week later
#4 11 years ago

Well I tested the switch and it's ok... so what else could be the problem? something on the board?

#5 11 years ago

After I did a switch test in test mode I found out more switches arnt working... The outlanes, ramp switches, cycle jump switches all dont work...

And they all use a green/yellow wire.

Also the ramp exit switch doesn't work either and that's on a Green/Violet wire.

What could this be? a short?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, OH
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-with-popout-kicker-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.