• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by GRUMPY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2182_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mstire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

It's taken almost a year but have finally put my Pinbot back together. Fired it up last weekend with mostly good results.

One of the numeric displays is bad but I have another thread hunting for one of those.

The kick outs under the visor do not work. The right flashers under the visor are working but not the left.
The right and left kick outs work in test mode but not the left flashers.

Not exactly sure where to start looking. The bulbs are new and have been checked. All solder joints to the sockets appear to be in good shape. It looks like there are 3 bulbs on the right side and 3 on the left and they all look like they are interconnected. It seems to me that if everything was working properly it would be either all on or all off.

Other than that I think I'm in good shape. Anyone have some wisdom they can share.

Thanks in advance!

#3 8 years ago

Cheddar, embarrassed to say it WAS the switch. Before I put everything back together I metered the switch to make sure it was good and made sure the lever was sticking out of the hole far enough. Got the last part wrong. I even did a switch edge test on all of the switches, Not those two though, I couldn't reach them. Lesson learned. Should have run a ball in there.

Great! Now I can play a game 100% (far as I can tell). I still don't have the flashers under the visor on the left side though. Any ideas on how to proceed on that one? Would be nice if that fix is just as easy.

Thanks again

#6 8 years ago

Thanks Grumpy! I grounded Q71 and those lights came on. Guess that means I need to replace it? I metered Q71 and the transistor next to it and they metered the same.

Thanks

#8 8 years ago

I do have a logic probe. I've never used it because I don't know how. I'm at work right now but will be going home for lunch. Can you tell me where to connect the probe, where to probe and what to watch for? I'll give it a try and report back.

Thanks Grumpy.

#10 8 years ago

This is the perfect opportunity for me to learn some basics of the logic probe. So far looks simple enough.
Too soon to tell me where to probe? Would be good if I could do it while home for lunch. Or am I getting ahead of myself?

#13 8 years ago

Wasn't sure what numbers went to what pin so I did them all. Is the white dot pin 1? Are all the odd numbers on one side?
Anyway, what do you think Grumpy. Won't be able to be at the machine again until this evening.

Thanks

IMG_2182_(resized).JPGIMG_2182_(resized).JPG

#16 8 years ago

Thanks, I'll give that a try this evening.

#17 8 years ago

Hey Grumpy, with me ?
Checked 101 both high
Checked 99 1 high and 1 low
Decided to check 100 1 high and 1 pulse

No idea what that means but hope to one day have an understanding.

Also have an HP Logic Pulsar I have no idea how to use. Would that be of any help?

Thanks, Mike

#20 8 years ago

Bear with me Gumpy, I'm trying to follow along.

So based on what you just said................. R99 is ok, R101 is ok and R100 is suspect?
I'm making a hard copy of this part of this thread so I can get comfortable with my logic tester and practice a little.

#21 8 years ago

Sorry Grumpy, I responded before I read your last post.
I really do appreciate the education and I think I need to chew on this for a while to get a full understanding.

Thanks so much!

#24 8 years ago

I was going to ask you about that. Maybe I should just replacing both while I have the board out

Quoted from GRUMPY:

Now when you go to replace Q70 you also need to test Q71

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mstire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-with-pinbot-visor-kick-out-holes-and-flashers?tu=mstire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.