Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Treadswax
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DumbAss.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

Any signs of battery corrosion on the cpu?Thats the first thing that messes up the diagnostic buttons

WPC-95 CPU boards place the batteries in the upper left part of the CPU board. Alkaline corrosion usually affects other parts of that board before it affects the ICs in the switch matrix circuit.

Having said that ... alkaline goes where alkaline wants to go.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

Damn man I was just asking before he starts digging deep.It was just a basic question.

Sorry. I think you misunderstood. I agree that alkaline can cause a problem that manifests like this. The odds on WPC-89 are much higher than on WPC-95 (but not zero) due to the battery location.

Quoted from pinmike:

When I was helping guys with their pins you were still reading up on repair guides

We both don't know each other's past experience. I don't think this helps solve the problem. Let's just agree that we're both trying to help.

Quoted from Wally69:

Iā€™m stumped

It looks like there's a good +12VR (TP100 measured).

If the diagnostic switches don't work you should try to differentiate if it's the physical switches in the coin door or on the board. You can either test the switches with a multimeter or short the direct switch pins on the CPU board to verify. If shorting the direct switch pins does not work then you'll probably need a logic probe. The odds are good that it's on the CPU board but without any history or pictures of the switches they cannot be ruled out.

A picture of the CPU board (focused and well lit) will also help as problems can often be seen on the boards (such as alkaline corrosion).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DumbAss.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-with-nba-fastbreak-check-fuses-f101-f109-j127-and-the-12-vo?tu=DumbAss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.