• Latest reply 7 years ago by klr650
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is this game possessed????”

• Yes, the force is week in this one! Come to the dark side. 0 votes
  • No, be smarter then the machine. Its only Pinball. 0 votes
  • Take a kick in the nuts and give it another try. Might offer a new perspective 0_0 1 vote
    50%
  • Stick to your day job which hopefully isn't repairing broken pinballs. 1 vote
    50%

(2 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8301 (resized).JPG
IMG_8299 (resized).JPG
Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NinJaBooT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I got a FBClassic thats been causing me a little grief. Originally the game was scoring 10000 points repetitively upon game start. Not such a bad thing if your looking to get a high score I thought it could be scoring due to a sensitive switch that was activating from the vibration from the disk so I unplugged the disc. The fantom scoring persists? I went over every switch in the game and they all looked good. For some reason I couldn't get the service button to work to do a switch test so I was manually checking switches. Not sure how I managed to but I blew the playfield fuse checking switches. Interesting enough the fantom scoring ceased with the blown playfield fuse? While the fuse was blown I was able to start a game. With a blown pf fuse the game wouldn't spit out a ball but I was able to continue finger bangin the switches to test them. All the switches seemed fine. I replaced the blown fuse and fired up the game again. Now all seems fine? Started a game and no fantom scoring? I actually lit that game up I was somewhat perplexed as I never really fixed anything other then the playfield fuse. After finishing my game I decided to go into the switch test to see if anything would come up but the service button wasn't working? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! DAMN GAME!
So I tested the button with my meter and it was good. I reviewed the schematics and traced the red wire to connector J3 and checked for continuity and all good. Then I traced the yellow/red stripe wire to J2. Scratches his head..........
I came back around to the front of the game and noticed now for some weird reason my displays weren't registering/working but I could see a faint orange glow from the scores at the bottom of the displays? Still scratching head........
I never did anything other then pull the plastic covers off the connectors J2 and J3 and test some wires for continuity? I decided to try the service button again and now when I press it the displays come on and I can enter the service mode but when I take my finger off the displays turn off as well?? Is the service button and the displays somehow tied together? Not sure what to check from here? Other then no display the game starts and plays fine now with no fantom scoring. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Unknown-1 (resized).jpegUnknown-1 (resized).jpeg

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Is the cab head grounded to the body?
There should be a strip of ground braid coming up from the body, through the neck and screwing into the head braid.

Yes it is.

IMG_8299 (resized).JPGIMG_8299 (resized).JPG

#4 7 years ago

So I never had much success with it other then I figured out that buy alligator clipping the service button to leads together I can make the display stay on and play a game? Seems kinda a back yard fix for now but works. Only prob is as long as I have it hot-wired the service button doesn't work. I've attached a pic.
As well switch 17(on the mini-playfield thingy you plunge onto) isn't working. I tested the switch with my meter and it seemed to operate as it should(opened and closed). I also checked for power at the switch and it was good, but the switch isn't registering?
The last thing is when I raise and lower the playfield during a game, the fantom scoring returns? The movement or vibration of raising the playfield seems to set it off? Thats when I started grabbing every switch and wiggling it to see if i could recreate the fantom scoring. When I grab the capacitor on the switch for the Wotan Mushroom Bumper the fantom scoring triggers? Prob best to replace the switch or could it be a bad diode? I already replaced the capacitor(thanks Vid) and the scoring still persists when I wiggle that switch?

IMG_8301 (resized).JPGIMG_8301 (resized).JPG

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

If moving the playfield up and down still causes issues: Have a quick peak through the coin door when playfield is down just to make sure the prop rod isn't contacting any switches / wires. Also, in the bottom right corner of your coin door photo it looks like that blue wire is hanging loose? but it could just be a weird illusion. As for the test switch, just give it a good spray / soak with 99.9% isopropyl while actuating the switch. Hopefully that will clean it up enough for it to work properly. I believe some glow in the displays is normal as long as they are getting power. Might want to tuck the ground braid further down so it can't short out the GI lighting in the head by accident.

I found a couple switches that were stuck closed. One was a rollover switch that was causing most of the fantom scoring. The game is playing great now. I got it jacked right up on the back legs. Its playing hard and fast.
I still have the service button jumper together to keep the displays lit up. Is it possible the switch is no good?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monterey, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NinJaBooT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-with-my-fireball-classic?tu=NinJaBooT and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.