Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by gambit3113
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Have a buddy looking to find a machine he remembers playing back somewhere around 1984-85. It’s got me stumped. This is what he remembers:

- “temple run” type theme
    - inserts in a circle in the center, down near the flippers that filled in as you progressed
    - heartbeat sound during gameplay

Any help?

#2 5 years ago

That's gotta be Gorgar, right?

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from RyThom:

That's gotta be Gorgar, right?

Gorgar has a heart beat.

LTG : )

#4 5 years ago

Right. That was my first thought. But he remembers a “circle” on the play field with inserts inside it that lit up as you progressed. That’s not Gorgar.

#5 5 years ago

He says the heartbeat was kinda like a drum beat. Went along with the temple run type theme. Sounds very Indiana Jones like. But way earlier.

#6 5 years ago

Ummm, El Dorado City of gold?

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Ummm, El Dorado City of gold?

Nope. He swears there was a circle with inserts down near the flippers.

#8 5 years ago

The Machine, Bride of Pinbot. There only a few machines that use a heart beat or drum beat.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

The Machine, Bride of Pinbot.

Yeah, hit him with that too. No go. Temple or treasure hunt theme.

#10 5 years ago

Says that the “heartbeat” was really probably drums beating, and it got louder and faster as you progressed. I am totally stumped.

#11 5 years ago

Catacomb?
    Not really a "circle" though

quicksilver but not really temple?

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

really probably drums beating, and it got louder and faster as you progressed

City of Gold does just that. If my memory serves me right today, and it is a low production game.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

City of Gold does just that. If my memory serves me right today, and it is a low production game.

True..but not a circle. But there's always something they get wrong when remembering.

#14 5 years ago

Escape from Lost World? Just a guess, have never seen one in person.

#15 5 years ago

He says not City of Gold

#16 5 years ago

Class of 1812 ??

John

#17 5 years ago

I think it must be Jungle Lord. It checks all the boxes.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

He says not City of Gold

I’d say he’s wrong. Haha

Anyway. What about big game? Not a circle of lights per se, but they light up as you go along, and there are drums.

#19 5 years ago

After that many years, it would be easy to conflate two memories into one. It's kind of the way brains work.....

#20 5 years ago

It could be Raven. Jungle themed, made in 1986, and has a circle of lights that rotates around the bottom of the flippers. Background sound is drum heavy, and could easily be misheard as a heartbeat in a busy arcade.

#21 5 years ago

It's Grand Lizard.
    Drumbeat sound, circle of bonus inserts that advance, and the art package is all lost temple.
    Also a great game.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

It's Grand Lizard.
    Drumbeat sound, circle of bonus inserts that advance, and the art package is all lost temple.
    Also a great game.

Nice! I think we got a winner.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

I think it must be Jungle Lord. It checks all the boxes.

Doesn't have a heart/drum beat background sound

#24 5 years ago

Awesome. It might be Grand Lizard. He’s actually joining up here and will come join the conversation. Thanks all.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-with-machine-id and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.